Why isnt Demarcus Cousins as hyped as Greg Oden was?

As far as him being a head case, that is all garbage. He is highlycompetitive, likes to talk smack, and more times than not, he delivers.Anyone saying these things about him would feel very differently if hewas playing for their team.

laugh.gif
garbage? No. Perhaps he is the in the process of growing up but those concerns are valid.

If you've just seen and heard about him this year, maybe...but the kid had a ton of incidents, including punching a HS coach and ending up at 3 different high schools. anthony grant wouldnt touch the kid when he got the Bama job.

Greg Oden is a good player when he's on the court. He protects the paint, rebounds well and finishes around the basket.

Unfortunately for him (and the Blazers) he's injury and foul prone.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

kentucky fans are the worst blind homers in college sports

I still stand by the statement that anyone on this board would be rooting for him if he was on their team.
He is an immature kid.  There is no disputing that.  Many of these primadonnas are a pain in the rear. 

because cousins isn't even the best big man prospect in this years draft

favors>cousins

Greg Oden had a higher rebounding rate and block rate than Dwight Howard, today he would have the highest rebound rate and block rate in the entire league. The only holding Oden back from being a DPOY candidate is his propensity to commit dumb fouls. 
laugh.gif

You can call Oden a bust because of injuries, you can call him a bust because he isn't as a good as Durant but on the defensive side of the ball Oden has completely lived up to billing every time he steps on to an NBA court he has dominated on D.

IMO Greg Oden's actually performance has nothing to do with his bust label unless you don't like guys who lead the league in blocks and rebounds and unlike Dwight Howard commits less turnovers and makes his free throws..
laugh.gif

Dude dominated Joakim Noah and Al Horford, two of the better frontcourt in the NBA today, he was a monster.  Dude was dominating college games with one hand for most of the year, there really was no comparison.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

kentucky fans are the worst blind homers in college sports
laugh.gif

to answer the original question.  drafting Cousins raises some red flags...he's a high risk/high reward guy.

Favors may very well be the better NBA prospect.  i've only seen him a few times, so someone can correct me if i'm wrong, i know allen's really high on him...but Favors is the more athletic/explosive big, better suited for the current style of play for bigs in the league...whereas Cousins is the big banger type, with some complimentary finesse.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Dude dominated Joakim Noah and Al Horford, two of the better frontcourt in the NBA today, he was a monster.  Dude was dominating college games with one hand for most of the year, there really was no comparison.
Demarcus Cousins is not 6'11, he is not athletic so I doubt he will be scoring at the rate he does in the L, he's a headcase. Besides those facts, dude is a beast.

Back
Top Bottom