Why Most Minority Kids Can't Swim....

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by mdwst9

Originally Posted by Sixfoot nathan

black people scared of everything
i lol'd but its true
tired.gif
What else are we scared of since we are scared of everything?
-thunderstorms
-ghosts
-Traffic (Boy, don't play by that corner -- in my grand-mammiest voice)
-The gov't
-Medicine
-God AND the Devil (as if?)
-Water

laugh.gif

what else?

i lol'd but its true
tired.gif
-thunderstorms
-ghosts
-The gov't
-Medicine
-Water

laugh.gif

what else?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I hate to make generalizations, but there may be a little bit of truth to this.

Anyhow I grew up with a pool in my backyard. I just got back from taking a dip in the shallow end. My body just doesn't float....I'm denser than most people trust me I've tried.

I tie a rope around a pole to dive in the shallow end with a snorkel.
smile.gif

That must be why you're an atheist.

nerd.gif

Anyhow I grew up with a pool in my backyard. I just got back from taking a dip in the shallow end. My body just doesn't float....I'm denser than most people trust me I've tried.

smile.gif

nerd.gif

I'm Black and can swim...can swim over a mile doing strictly the breast stroke. AA's can't swim because of less opportunities to learn on average...not because we aren't physiologically unable to do so.

I'm Black and can swim...can swim over a mile doing strictly the breast stroke. AA's can't swim because of less opportunities to learn on average...not because we aren't physiologically unable to do so.

I learned to swim at the tender age of 5 from a certified instructor (teenage girl) floated on her a few times
smokin.gif

I learned to swim at the tender age of 5 from a certified instructor (teenage girl) floated on her a few times
smokin.gif

white people need a sport they can dominate in. and by not having swimming pools in the hood, this only allows them to have the upper hand in swimming.

white people need a sport they can dominate in. and by not having swimming pools in the hood, this only allows them to have the upper hand in swimming.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

smile.gif

Anybody with lungs, breast, a big but, or any sort of body weight CAN float. Spread your weight out... keep your lungs above your knees. Your knees are the densest part of your body and they'll pull you down at first. Just don't ball your legs up. flail em if anything. Lord know my leg kick is $%+..
grin.gif
. But yeah,  eventually, you will do the dead man float though. Just relax.. hold your breath and let your back rise out of the water on it's own. The rest is just finding your buoyancy equilibrium and pulling yourself through the water while pushing the water down that's under you. I find it odd that people have to be taught how to swim. All you gotta do is let yourself learn.. use the shallow end. It's MUCH harder to swim in shallow water because less water is actually supporting your weight.. but you won't be afraid to drown unless you're a pansy
grin.gif

I've tried the dead man float, I just sink to the bottom. Like I said I've had years to try, my body just isn't built for swimming. Too much muscle mass maybe.

My little bro and sis can swim, I'm the black sheep.

smile.gif

Anybody with lungs, breast, a big but, or any sort of body weight CAN float. Spread your weight out... keep your lungs above your knees. Your knees are the densest part of your body and they'll pull you down at first. Just don't ball your legs up. flail em if anything. Lord know my leg kick is $%+..
grin.gif
. But yeah,  eventually, you will do the dead man float though. Just relax.. hold your breath and let your back rise out of the water on it's own. The rest is just finding your buoyancy equilibrium and pulling yourself through the water while pushing the water down that's under you. I find it odd that people have to be taught how to swim. All you gotta do is let yourself learn.. use the shallow end. It's MUCH harder to swim in shallow water because less water is actually supporting your weight.. but you won't be afraid to drown unless you're a pansy
grin.gif

I've tried the dead man float, I just sink to the bottom. Like I said I've had years to try, my body just isn't built for swimming. Too much muscle mass maybe.

My little bro and sis can swim, I'm the black sheep.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

smile.gif

nerd.gif

1. LOL QUE?
2. I'm not an atheist.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

smile.gif

nerd.gif

1. LOL QUE?
2. I'm not an atheist.

i lol'd but its true
tired.gif
-thunderstorms
-ghosts
-The gov't
-Medicine
-Water

laugh.gif

what else?

Heights
Camping/woods
animals
gay people

i lol'd but its true
tired.gif
-thunderstorms
-ghosts
-The gov't
-Medicine
-Water

laugh.gif

what else?

Heights
Camping/woods
animals
gay people

laugh.gif
at the list of +%@! wE're scared of.

Two black girls actually tried to teach me to swim. It didnt work that summer but a few years later I figured it out for myself and taught my lil bro after he almost drowned one day. I saved his life that day.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
at the list of +%@! wE're scared of.

Two black girls actually tried to teach me to swim. It didnt work that summer but a few years later I figured it out for myself and taught my lil bro after he almost drowned one day. I saved his life that day.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom