Why no love for the movie Buried?

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Because it was %!%#%@* terrible. Black Mamba underground? GPS on the phone but dude doesn't even use it?
30t6p3b.gif

dude was on a panic.. i mean you cant really fathom how it would feel or understand whats going until you wake up inside a coffin buried alive..
you just forget how to use $!%%
grin.gif

Just saw it. It's worth watching. Doesn't drag as much as you'd think. RR stepped his game up. 127 Hours is better, but it's still a good film.

Just saw it. It's worth watching. Doesn't drag as much as you'd think. RR stepped his game up. 127 Hours is better, but it's still a good film.

IMA HAVE TO CHECK OUT THIS 127 HOURS YALL SPEAKING OF...BUT BURIED IS APPRECIATED...I LIKED IT FOR WHAT IT WAS

IMA HAVE TO CHECK OUT THIS 127 HOURS YALL SPEAKING OF...BUT BURIED IS APPRECIATED...I LIKED IT FOR WHAT IT WAS

It was meh. The idea was cool and the beginning had me feeling like it was going to be a great movie. Ending was bad IMO.

It was meh. The idea was cool and the beginning had me feeling like it was going to be a great movie. Ending was bad IMO.

I just watched this late last night.

I had been looking forward to it for months, but never got around to it until now. It wasn't anything mind-blowing, but I thought it was well done. I would have a different (negative) opinion if it had ended the other way, though.

You know what would have made it mind-blowing, though? Highlight: The theory that the coffin they found was actually Paul's, and it was only thought to be Mark White's because he wrote Mark White's name on the inside lid. Remember, he turned around in the coffin, so that part was at his feet at the end, and that could have been what they saw first. Is it possible that the director wanted to portray that the rescue team thought it was Mark White's corpse, and that, somehow, they never realized it was Paul, alive, before he died? Probably not, but it makes for a more complex ending.

I had been looking forward to it for months, but never got around to it until now. It wasn't anything mind-blowing, but I thought it was well done. I would have a different (negative) opinion if it had ended the other way, though.

You know what would have made it mind-blowing, though? Highlight: The theory that the coffin they found was actually Paul's, and it was only thought to be Mark White's because he wrote Mark White's name on the inside lid. Remember, he turned around in the coffin, so that part was at his feet at the end, and that could have been what they saw first. Is it possible that the director wanted to portray that the rescue team thought it was Mark White's corpse, and that, somehow, they never realized it was Paul, alive, before he died? Probably not, but it makes for a more complex ending.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by toast1985

just watched because of NT. Ending was the most messed up since 'The Mist'
The Mist ending was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Do not think that anything will top such a !%$*$# up ending like The Mist.. I was going to make a thread when Buried dropped on RedBox Tuesday but as i kept thinking about the ending i went from
embarassed.gif
.....to
tired.gif

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by toast1985

just watched because of NT. Ending was the most messed up since 'The Mist'
The Mist ending was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Do not think that anything will top such a !%$*$# up ending like The Mist.. I was going to make a thread when Buried dropped on RedBox Tuesday but as i kept thinking about the ending i went from
embarassed.gif
.....to
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

the highlight..

i didnt understand
ohwell.gif

the highlight..

i didnt understand
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by kidUFC

the highlight..

i didnt understand
ohwell.gif
Yeah same. For them to even see the name they would have to pry open the coffin and I'm sure they would have pulled whoever was inside of it out right away. 
Spoiler [+]
Ending depressed me though 
frown.gif
. Dude died the worst way possible.... I mean he accepted his death then to receive a glimmer of hope only for it to be that they found the wrong person 
sick.gif
frown.gif
. All in all, it was still a great movie.

Originally Posted by kidUFC

the highlight..

i didnt understand
ohwell.gif
Yeah same. For them to even see the name they would have to pry open the coffin and I'm sure they would have pulled whoever was inside of it out right away. 
Spoiler [+]
Ending depressed me though 
frown.gif
. Dude died the worst way possible.... I mean he accepted his death then to receive a glimmer of hope only for it to be that they found the wrong person 
sick.gif
frown.gif
. All in all, it was still a great movie.

just saw 127 hours. good movie..

but i would still say that buried was a better movie overall the suspense build up of getting out of the coffin > cutting off arm build up.

both good movies.

just saw 127 hours. good movie..

but i would still say that buried was a better movie overall the suspense build up of getting out of the coffin > cutting off arm build up.

both good movies.

just watched it at my university for free. i say it gets 3.8/5. nothing special but "The Town" had some action

just watched it at my university for free. i say it gets 3.8/5. nothing special but "The Town" had some action

Back
Top Bottom