Will T-Mac get past the First Round

yea playing whoever in the 1st round in the Western Conference will be difficult .... playing a 7 game Series i can't imagine the rocket beating that team4 times with out YAO

No.

They are playing great without Yao right now, but bottom line, they just aren't better than a lot of the teams out West without the big man...

Adelman and McGrady are working wonders with this team. On paper they look like garbage compared to the other teams in the Western playoff picture. IMO theyhave a chance against any team. But they'll only make it past the first round if they maintain homecourt. If they drop to a seed that would put themagainst San Antonio or LA, then it'll be a repeat of every time T-mac ever played in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Anti Theft

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

Why are people gassing this Team so hard.. They Havent played anybody
3 teams over 500.

SMH at people really believing that Tmac will get past the 1st..

they have benefitted from great scheduling.

They will lose 5 of their next 8

8 teams over 500.
They won 19 games including 7 w/o their so called best player, isn't impressive because the teams they played?
Then tell me why Boston didn't win 22 games with this schedule then..
[table][tr][td]November[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 02[/td] [td]vs Washington[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 04[/td] [td]@ Toronto[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed 07[/td] [td]vs Denver[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 09[/td] [td]vs Atlanta[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat 10[/td] [td]@ New Jersey[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue 13[/td] [td]@ Indiana[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed 14[/td] [td]vs New Jersey[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 16[/td] [td]vs Miami[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 18[/td] [td]@ Orlando[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed 21[/td] [td]vs Golden State[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 23[/td] [td]vs LA Lakers[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat 24[/td] [td]@ Charlotte[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue 27[/td] [td]@ Cleveland[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu 29[/td] [td]vs New York[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 30[/td] [td]@ Miami[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 02[/td] [td]vs Cleveland[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed 05[/td] [td]@ Philadelphia[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 07[/td] [td]vs Toronto[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat 08[/td] [td]@ Chicago[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed 12[/td] [td]vs Sacramento[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 14[/td] [td]vs Milwaukee[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 16[/td] [td]@ Toronto[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
*I bolded the teams with a .500+ record at the time they played.
because its harder than you think...

Look at this roster, and tell me the 19 game win streak isn't impressive
[table][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Alston, Rafer[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]175[/td] [td]7/24/76[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Fresno State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]31[/td] [td]Battier, Shane[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]9/9/78[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [td]Brooks, Aaron[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-0[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]1/14/85[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Oregon[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Francis, Steve
injury.jpg
[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]2/21/77[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Maryland[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td]Harris, Mike[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]240[/td] [td]6/15/83[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Rice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]44[/td] [td]Hayes, Chuck[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]6/11/83[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Kentucky[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Head, Luther[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]11/26/82[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Illinois[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Jackson, Bobby[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]3/13/73[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Landry, Carl
injury.jpg
[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]245[/td] [td]9/19/83[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Purdue[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]McGrady, Tracy[/td] [td]GF[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]223[/td] [td]5/24/79[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Ming, Yao
injury.jpg
[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-6[/td] [td]310[/td] [td]9/12/80[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55[/td] [td]Mutombo, Dikembe[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-2[/td] [td]261[/td] [td]6/25/66[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Novak, Steve[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]6/13/84[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Marquette[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Scola, Luis[/td] [td]FC[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]4/30/80[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Williams, Justin[/td] [/tr][/table]
and winning by double digits the last 10 game makes this streak that much more amazing don't you think?
so SMH at you for being a hater, and not giving props when props are due.

Let's remind them that RAFER ALSTON IS OUR PG...RAFER...who goes 19-0 with rafer alston
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I hope we get to the WCF and heck finals to prove rockets aren't pretenders
tired.gif

I don't think the Rockets make it out of the 1st rd.

Their win streak is very impressive but I doubt any Western Conference team is shaking in their boots to face this team come playoff time. I just don'tthink they have enough offensive firepower to sustain a playoff run.

I dont see it happening

T-Mac's dubious lasting legacy when he retires is that he could never get any of his teams out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Sole MAX

Nope. They haven't played the Lakers or Spurs to test whether they are legit or not.

u do know that since they got pau gasol, the lakers' opponents record is around 38% winning. they haven't proven a thing either. their schedule hasbeen easier than the rockets. and yet they have lost to teams like hawks, kings, and blazers.

u do know that since they got pau gasol, the lakers' opponents record is around 38% winning. they haven't proven a thing either. their schedule has been easier than the rockets. and yet they have lost to teams like hawks, kings, and blazers.
you realize the rockets have lost to Memphis, Miami, Sac, and twice to the Sixers so your argument doesnt really hold a lot of weight.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

I dont see it happening

T-Mac's dubious lasting legacy when he retires is that he could never get any of his teams out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

it's going to be tough this year. that team really only has 1 star; every team in the west has 2 legit stars. but he will next yr. you will see thisstreaking team start the yr and they can contend for a #1 seed.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

u do know that since they got pau gasol, the lakers' opponents record is around 38% winning. they haven't proven a thing either. their schedule has been easier than the rockets. and yet they have lost to teams like hawks, kings, and blazers.
you realize the rockets have lost to Memphis, Miami, Sac, and twice to the Sixers so your argument doesnt really hold a lot of weight.

that's BEFORE tmac came back from injury. the team before was a completely different team. u do know teams get better as they along a season right?this team had a new coach, new players, new offense...

the lakers are losing to those teams during their "good" streak.

the houston team starting the season is ocmpletely different.

Memphis? Early in the season [8th game] (when all teams look good). Still had Pau.

Miami? Early in the season [13th game] (when all teams look good). Still had Shaq & Wade (26 pts and 31 pts respectively)

Sixers? One was without T-Mac. The other I'll give you.

If Mac doesn't get out of the 1st round this year (I don't care what the circumstances are), I'm betting he'll say something like "I'mretiring". Only to come back and try again with a healthy Yao in 09.

In a seven-game series...

Spurs- No.
Lakers- No.
Jazz- No.
New Orleans- Probably not.
Phoenix- Probably not.
Dallas- No.
Warriors- Possibly.
Denver- Possibly.

Tmac may eventually do it.

And for those saying the Rockets will lose the next 5 of 8 or whatever, I doubt it. This 19 win streak if anything gives them a boost of confidence and beliefthat they can take on any team with the current roster and they have shown that. So with that, Houston is a dangerous team as of current. Their playing at alevel no team is currently playing at with. It'll be pretty hard to beat the Rockets as of right now.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Tmac may eventually do it.

And for those saying the Rockets will lose the next 5 of 8 or whatever, I doubt it. This 19 win streak if anything gives them a boost of confidence and belief that they can take on any team with the current roster and they have shown that. So with that, Houston is a dangerous team as of current. Their playing at a level no team is currently playing at with. It'll be pretty hard to beat the Rockets as of right now.

again, this team is winning on great team chemistry, trust, the best defense in the L, and a superstar who's raising his game to another level. canthey sustain it? we'll see.

but they're not just beating teams, they're BLOWING THEM OUT by an average of 13 ppg in this streak (and 18ppg in the last 7 games without yao).

i mean if people want to get nitpicky, the spurs BARELY beat the nuggets last night when houston whupped their arses a few weeks ago even when karl saidthat game was the biggest of the yr for them, practiced like it was a playoff game, and still got routed.

the rockets will have to win in the playoffs to validate their season, but they are DEFINITELY and ELITE team. are they the best? probably not. but they area top 5 team in this league.

If you're going to exploit the fact that they're beating teams by 13 points and what not, take a look at who they've played

1) GSW, close game.
2) Indiana, 3 points.
3) Milwaukke, less than 10.
4) Minnesota, 6 points.
5) Clelevand, ~15 points.
6) Atlanta, ~20.
7) Portland, ~10.
glasses.gif
Kings, 2 points.
9) Cleveland, 8 points.
10) Miami, 12 points.
11) New Orleans, 20.
12) New Look Chicago, 13 points.
13) Crippled Wizards, 25 points.
14) New and Improved Grizzlies, ~20 points
15) Denver, 15 points.
16) Indiana, ~15 points.
17) Dirk-less Dallas, 15 points.
18) New Orleans, 10 points.
19) New Jersey Nets, ~20 points.

Now, take with a grain of salt that Yao got injured through a bit of this. There's maybe 5 good wins against quality teams out of those 19. Cleveland, NewOrleans, Denver (who may not even make it), and Dallas (granted they lost Dirk).

Now, out of all those teams that they beat, 8 of the games were against the East (only two even worth mentioning are the two games against Cleveland). Of theremaining 11, four of those games were against Playoff teams in the West. You can say what you will about Yao this, Yao that, but the bottom-line is, YaoWON'T be in the Playoffs. Tracy and Rafer will have to play great games every time they play, or else they'll probably be ousted. Next week will be agreat test for this team, if they beat most of those teams by enough or win in convincing fashion, I'll take back everything I said. Hell, if they go 2-2against Boston, LA, NO, and Phoenix I'll take it back, but right now, I just don't see it happening.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

In a seven-game series...

Spurs- No.
Lakers- No.
Jazz- No.
New Orleans- Likely.
Phoenix- Likely.
Dallas- Maybe.
Warriors- Maybe.
Denver- Yes.

Fixed
nerd.gif

There's maybe 5 good wins against quality teams out of those 19. Cleveland, New Orleans, Denver (who may not even make it), and Dallas (granted they lost Dirk).
If you're gonna call denver a quality team, the warriors better be there as well.
eyes.gif
grin.gif

that's BEFORE tmac came back from injury. the team before was a completely different team. u do know teams get better as they along a season right? this team had a new coach, new players, new offense...

so wouldnt the same argument apply to the Lakers since they dont have Bynum?
laugh.gif

Even then the Rockets have had an entire season to mesh, you are giving the Lakers 10-15 games to mesh with Gasol and comparing the Rockets to a team thatdoesn't have one of their better players.

that's BEFORE tmac came back from injury. the team before was a completely different team. u do know teams get better as they along a season right? this team had a new coach, new players, new offense...

so wouldnt the same argument apply to the Lakers since they dont have Bynum?
laugh.gif

but at least u got gasol, who's more skilled offensively than bynum. and gasol > bynum. so technically, u should improve.

Originally Posted by mavrx

houston dont want it with the mavs in the first round...

actually any team houston plays in the first round, houston will be the underdog. talent-wise, they're not even 2 levels close to any of the top 9teams in the west. so technically, every team wants to face them so you're right.

Back
Top Bottom