Window tint Vol. COPS

Have you or anybody you guys know have ever been pulled over for your tint being to dark?? if you get a ticket for it, do you have a certain amount of time to change it before you have to pay your ticket??... i live in Massachusetts and the law is 35% on all windows, Which is wack
mad.gif
, and im planning on getting 20% on 2 rear doors and rear window and 35% on the 2 front doors... is the 20% too drastic??

Have you or anybody you guys know have ever been pulled over for your tint being to dark?? if you get a ticket for it, do you have a certain amount of time to change it before you have to pay your ticket??... i live in Massachusetts and the law is 35% on all windows, Which is wack
mad.gif
, and im planning on getting 20% on 2 rear doors and rear window and 35% on the 2 front doors... is the 20% too drastic??

I have 20% in the front, and in NJ you can't have ANY in the front. I've never been pulled over for it either. In sunlight, you can still see inside 20%, so it's not too dark, but at night its black.

I have 20% in the front, and in NJ you can't have ANY in the front. I've never been pulled over for it either. In sunlight, you can still see inside 20%, so it's not too dark, but at night its black.

My friend was caught speeding and his car had solar tinted windows, so along with the speeding ticket he got a ticket for having windows that were above legal tint.

As far as time to remove the tints, Idk, but its not a cheap fine the whole thing was close to 500$.

My friend was caught speeding and his car had solar tinted windows, so along with the speeding ticket he got a ticket for having windows that were above legal tint.

As far as time to remove the tints, Idk, but its not a cheap fine the whole thing was close to 500$.

I got pulled over for mine one time.

I was about 45 mins away from my hometown, cop asked me what I was doing out there. I told him straight up I was in a fight with my girl, and just need to drive to get my mind off things.

Told me he hopes things worked out for me and didn't give me a ticket.
pimp.gif

One of the only times that's ever happened.

I got pulled over for mine one time.

I was about 45 mins away from my hometown, cop asked me what I was doing out there. I told him straight up I was in a fight with my girl, and just need to drive to get my mind off things.

Told me he hopes things worked out for me and didn't give me a ticket.
pimp.gif

One of the only times that's ever happened.

out here in CA you can have as dark of tint as you want in the back and i think 30% up front but if you get a ticket its not even that expensive ($100 range) and you get 3 weeks for a cop to sign off on the ticket
Edit: reading up on it, i guess its closer to the $400 range for the ticket out here, im not sure how my  friend's ticket was only $120 a few months ago..

out here in CA you can have as dark of tint as you want in the back and i think 30% up front but if you get a ticket its not even that expensive ($100 range) and you get 3 weeks for a cop to sign off on the ticket
Edit: reading up on it, i guess its closer to the $400 range for the ticket out here, im not sure how my  friend's ticket was only $120 a few months ago..

I dont know how it works in MA but in NY you have to pay the ticket regardless if you change it back to a legal limit afterwards. You also get ticketed per window. 

I dont know how it works in MA but in NY you have to pay the ticket regardless if you change it back to a legal limit afterwards. You also get ticketed per window. 

Originally Posted by useref15

I'm in NJ too and had 20% tints on my car for about 5 years and just got my 6th tint ticket this past summer, so I finally just gave up and took them off.  It's always those damn small towns too
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by useref15

I'm in NJ too and had 20% tints on my car for about 5 years and just got my 6th tint ticket this past summer, so I finally just gave up and took them off.  It's always those damn small towns too
30t6p3b.gif

i have 20% an never been harrassed about tint

depends on your state

i know about nj cuz my sister went to rutgers, cops dont play out there with tint

i have 20% an never been harrassed about tint

depends on your state

i know about nj cuz my sister went to rutgers, cops dont play out there with tint

Ive gotten pulled over fot it 2 times in the past year since i got my car but I never got a ticket for it

Ive gotten pulled over fot it 2 times in the past year since i got my car but I never got a ticket for it

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

whaat?
laugh.gif

mine was just a $25 fix it ticket..yes im in CA

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

whaat?
laugh.gif

mine was just a $25 fix it ticket..yes im in CA

I think what kind of car you have plays a part. I bought a Lincoln LS and threw 5% on everything but the windshield here in NJ. I have black leather seats that make it extra dark LOL. I ride past the cops all the time with no problems. But if your in a part of town
where cops just cruise to catch someone slippin, it would be stupid of you not to roll the windows down for a hot second to avoid the heat. They are probably just waiting for the sportier vehicles to do something stupid. I think its worth it just to roll down the windows if the situation seemd to eerie.

I think what kind of car you have plays a part. I bought a Lincoln LS and threw 5% on everything but the windshield here in NJ. I have black leather seats that make it extra dark LOL. I ride past the cops all the time with no problems. But if your in a part of town
where cops just cruise to catch someone slippin, it would be stupid of you not to roll the windows down for a hot second to avoid the heat. They are probably just waiting for the sportier vehicles to do something stupid. I think its worth it just to roll down the windows if the situation seemd to eerie.

I live in Maine, we've got the same tint laws as Mass, and I've got 35% in the front and 20% in the back and no cops have ever bothered me.  The guy that did the tinting told me they don't give a crap how dark you go in the back as long as the front is no darker than 35%.

Back
Top Bottom