WINDOWS 10

anyone upgrade to Windows 10 yet? If so what are your first impressions? I like it. it's a lot more clean and simple than Windows 8 for sure. My only issue with it so far is that I can no longer utilize the two-finger touchpad scrolling on my laptop. kind of a big issue for me cause that was my primary navigating method. hope this issue isn't permanent and they fix it soon. anyone else have this problem with the touchpad scrolling? there a way to reactivate it?

hope this issue isn't permanent and they fix it soon. anyone else have this problem with the touchpad scrolling? there a way to reactivate it?
That's a driver issue, not a problem with Windows 10. Google "windows 10 touchpad scrolling [computer model]" and I'm sure you'll be able to find the fix, or at least an in-depth explanation.

is windows 10 free? i heard rumors it would be i have win 8 on my laptop now

No. Windows 10 is not free. Microsoft is allowing people with Windows 7 SP 1 or Windows 8.1 to upgrade for free. There's a fine line there.

If you have a Windows 7 or 8 machine, you should have a Windows logo icon in your notification tray. Click it and you can reserve your copy. If you have one and don't see that icon, UPDATE WINDOWS AND ALLOW THE UPDATES TO INSTALL. Not only is your computer missing critical updates that potentially expose you to risk, you're also cheating yourself out of a free upgrade. :smile:

Last edited:

yes it is free. you should have gotten a notification a couple months back on your laptop. look by the bottom right corner of your screen. if you see a windows icon there hover over it and it will say "Get Windows 10", then click it and follow the instructions.

yes it is free. you should have gotten a notification a couple months back on your laptop. look by the bottom right corner of your screen. if you see a windows icon there hover over it and it will say "Get Windows 10", then click it and follow the instructions.
i see it. how long it take?

^ didn't take too long. cant say exactly how long it took tho cause I went downstairs to make breakfast when it was at like 25-30%, and by the time I came back it was done. probably took like 40 mins give or take a few.

That's a driver issue, not a problem with Windows 10. Google "windows 10 touchpad scrolling [computer model]" and I'm sure you'll be able to find the fix, or at least an in-depth explanation.

ah ok thanx. I'll try to search for a solution when I get back home

I have windows 7 ultimate on my labtop. Is it worth it to upgrade to Windows 10

I cant say cause I've actually never used Windows 7. I just got a new laptop like 3 months ago, and the last computer I had was from like 2005 :lol:. I've heard plenty of people say that they hated Windows 8 and liked 7 better. I personally liked W8 tho. but I still think W10 is a big improvement.

I checked on my icon yesterday and it still says the same thing as when I first registered to get it, I don't I can update yet.

I love Windows 7. It's really the end all, be all OS for me.

However, 10 looks interesting. Is it as smooth and minimalist as 7?

I checked on my icon yesterday and it still says the same thing as when I first registered to get it, I don't I can update yet.
I had that problem when I tried last night.  You may have a corrupt Win 10 install folder like I did.

Check your Windows update history and see if there's a failed Win 10 update with error code 80240020.  If you have that error... follow these steps.

Im going to dual boot my surface Pro 3 since I don't want to get rid of windows 8 yet. I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to create another partition on my hdd with windows 8 and then upgrade that one to windows 10. That way I don't have to purchase windows 10 and do a clean install so I can dual boot it.

Windows 8 was an amazing OS..People just didnt "get" it.. Windows 10 is OSX level. .its that good. 

You can also use this media creation tool to upgrade:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Select the "Upgrade this PC" option.

I did this and upgraded with no problems but I did reserve ahead of time so not sure if this works without the reservation.

i had mine reserved too and i picked upgrade this pc. afterwards nothing happened

What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

nahh man nada

i tried downloading again. its at 16 right now

Back
Top Bottom