With gas prices going up, how are you guys with Over Sized SUV's or V8's living through this?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

It's maney out here breh
sick.gif

xl9mk2.png

FOUR DOLLARS AND FORTY THREE MF'in CENTS PER GALLON!!!!!
eek.gif

Living in the south %#@%+!!!

over $150 to fill a f350 diesel, thats like every three days. good thing it gets passed on to the constumer...hahah.

over $150 to fill a f350 diesel, thats like every three days. good thing it gets passed on to the constumer...hahah.

my g37 giving me about 15-16mpg ...i usually dont let it go past half a tank so about every 3 days $35 for half....tough.

my g37 giving me about 15-16mpg ...i usually dont let it go past half a tank so about every 3 days $35 for half....tough.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

those things are that bad on gas?
i dont keep up with infiniti are those things that fast or something? wth does a gtr get from the nissan fam then?

Originally Posted by Crumbs

those things are that bad on gas?
i dont keep up with infiniti are those things that fast or something? wth does a gtr get from the nissan fam then?

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

One of our vehicles is a 2005 Kia Sedona, which has been wonderful, but it's lousy on gas mileage. Even on the highway, getting over 20 mpg is a rare accomplishment. Around town, 15-17 mpg is the best it will muster. Luckily we have a few other vehicles that get considerably better fuel economy. We have two 1989 Merkur Scorpios which get in the low 20s around town and 25-27 mpg on the highway, as well as a 1993 Mazda 323 that gets 27 mpg around town and low 30s on the highway. With my Mazda, I've been averaging one fill every two to two and half weeks, while my van would need to be refueled at least once EVERY week. So you can probably guess which cars have been seeing the most road time, and which one has been staying home a lot lately!

Low 30s is still terrible though.
Since when is low 30s terrible?  I mean, I know it isn't as good as a Prius, but I also can't afford a vehicle like that right now.  My goal when I bought the car was to spend less than $1,500 and get at least 30 mpg on the highway.  With this Mazda I got a car in great condition with 65k miles for only $1,300, and it's a blast to drive.  The main reason the car doesn't get more mileage is because it's an automatic.  I would have preferred to get a manual, but I wanted to get something my wife could drive if she needed it, and she doesn't drive stick.  I think overall I got a pretty good deal.  Actually, if you look at fuel economy ratings for small cars in the early 90s, there weren't many that got more than low 30s with an automatic.  My car was rated 32 mpg hwy, and that's about what I get.  Even a 3 cylinder Geo Metro only got 40 mpg with an auto, and simply because of their reputation for being gas misers they're commanding a premium.  A Metro in the same condition as my Mazda probably would have cost at least another $1k, and they barely have enough power to make it up to highway speeds in half a minute.  If you ask me, 32 mpg in a fun-to-drive car in excellent condition for only $1,300 is far from terrible.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

One of our vehicles is a 2005 Kia Sedona, which has been wonderful, but it's lousy on gas mileage. Even on the highway, getting over 20 mpg is a rare accomplishment. Around town, 15-17 mpg is the best it will muster. Luckily we have a few other vehicles that get considerably better fuel economy. We have two 1989 Merkur Scorpios which get in the low 20s around town and 25-27 mpg on the highway, as well as a 1993 Mazda 323 that gets 27 mpg around town and low 30s on the highway. With my Mazda, I've been averaging one fill every two to two and half weeks, while my van would need to be refueled at least once EVERY week. So you can probably guess which cars have been seeing the most road time, and which one has been staying home a lot lately!

Low 30s is still terrible though.
Since when is low 30s terrible?  I mean, I know it isn't as good as a Prius, but I also can't afford a vehicle like that right now.  My goal when I bought the car was to spend less than $1,500 and get at least 30 mpg on the highway.  With this Mazda I got a car in great condition with 65k miles for only $1,300, and it's a blast to drive.  The main reason the car doesn't get more mileage is because it's an automatic.  I would have preferred to get a manual, but I wanted to get something my wife could drive if she needed it, and she doesn't drive stick.  I think overall I got a pretty good deal.  Actually, if you look at fuel economy ratings for small cars in the early 90s, there weren't many that got more than low 30s with an automatic.  My car was rated 32 mpg hwy, and that's about what I get.  Even a 3 cylinder Geo Metro only got 40 mpg with an auto, and simply because of their reputation for being gas misers they're commanding a premium.  A Metro in the same condition as my Mazda probably would have cost at least another $1k, and they barely have enough power to make it up to highway speeds in half a minute.  If you ask me, 32 mpg in a fun-to-drive car in excellent condition for only $1,300 is far from terrible.

V8 Camaro, like $20 whenever I go out. BIKE FTW . . .

just tell my girl jump on the pegs

V8 Camaro, like $20 whenever I go out. BIKE FTW . . .

just tell my girl jump on the pegs

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Mr718

Went out and brought a GSXR.

tired.gif
 the price you got it for..............

i aint mad at cha though
Bad price?

I look at it like this.  Its costing me $80 to fill up the M. Only last a week (if that
grin.gif
) and tolls cost me $6.50 each way when I cross the bridge.  On the bike, $13 to fill up, last about a week, getting about 40mph, and tolls are $2.75 each way.  It already started paying for itself
smokin.gif

Edit: Also, I only live within 15mins walking distance to work
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom