With gas prices going up, how are you guys with Over Sized SUV's or V8's living through this?

Nothing like paying 4.59/gallon for diesel. Its almost like im going to work to pay for gas. Call me crazy, but it almost feels like im burning through fuel faster than before and im driving less now. $100 a tank FTL.

Nothing like paying 4.59/gallon for diesel. Its almost like im going to work to pay for gas. Call me crazy, but it almost feels like im burning through fuel faster than before and im driving less now. $100 a tank FTL.

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Gas is too damn high when it costs $70 to fill up a damn Camry.

70 bucks bra... you must have a v18 under that hood..
I'm getting like 60 in the SUV...
Bout to grab one of these soon...real soon...

j6n7uf.jpg

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Gas is too damn high when it costs $70 to fill up a damn Camry.

70 bucks bra... you must have a v18 under that hood..
I'm getting like 60 in the SUV...
Bout to grab one of these soon...real soon...

j6n7uf.jpg

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

One of our vehicles is a 2005 Kia Sedona, which has been wonderful, but it's lousy on gas mileage. Even on the highway, getting over 20 mpg is a rare accomplishment. Around town, 15-17 mpg is the best it will muster. Luckily we have a few other vehicles that get considerably better fuel economy. We have two 1989 Merkur Scorpios which get in the low 20s around town and 25-27 mpg on the highway, as well as a 1993 Mazda 323 that gets 27 mpg around town and low 30s on the highway. With my Mazda, I've been averaging one fill every two to two and half weeks, while my van would need to be refueled at least once EVERY week. So you can probably guess which cars have been seeing the most road time, and which one has been staying home a lot lately!

Low 30s is still terrible though.

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

One of our vehicles is a 2005 Kia Sedona, which has been wonderful, but it's lousy on gas mileage. Even on the highway, getting over 20 mpg is a rare accomplishment. Around town, 15-17 mpg is the best it will muster. Luckily we have a few other vehicles that get considerably better fuel economy. We have two 1989 Merkur Scorpios which get in the low 20s around town and 25-27 mpg on the highway, as well as a 1993 Mazda 323 that gets 27 mpg around town and low 30s on the highway. With my Mazda, I've been averaging one fill every two to two and half weeks, while my van would need to be refueled at least once EVERY week. So you can probably guess which cars have been seeing the most road time, and which one has been staying home a lot lately!

Low 30s is still terrible though.

i have a lancer and i work about 9-11 miles away from work.. gas here is $4.00
thinking about get a project car that great on MPG or im about to get a Honda Ruckus

i have a lancer and i work about 9-11 miles away from work.. gas here is $4.00
thinking about get a project car that great on MPG or im about to get a Honda Ruckus

I drive 100+ miles m-f because of my job and reffing...

every 4 days or every 325 miles is like clockwork...$75 to fill up...on an 18 gallon tank...

yea time for a smart car...

I drive 100+ miles m-f because of my job and reffing...

every 4 days or every 325 miles is like clockwork...$75 to fill up...on an 18 gallon tank...

yea time for a smart car...

My car is over $75 to fill up

I try to ride my bike everyday, only about $12 to fill up

My car is over $75 to fill up

I try to ride my bike everyday, only about $12 to fill up

Back
Top Bottom