With the issues regarding "early release" websites, how does that affect your buying decision now?

JuAfter seeing vids like these:

Yes, especially when it comes to the XI.
Back then, I'd just look at the obvious flaws such as the carbon fiber, 23 spacing, position of the Jumpman, etc. But after that video, I am super paranoid, as I would think the pair the dude in the video had would be legit if I were to just see pics. I'm looking to buy some SJs right now, and the pair I'm looking at looks legit, but so do the pair in the video, so I'm scared.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Never bought from those early release sites... doesn't affect me.

Good luck and wish the best to those it does affect.

Peace.

if you plan on buying from anyone on the internet except from retail sites then it affects you

Originally Posted by DollaDP

I don't buy from early release sites so it doesn't affect me. I'm not going to wear the shoes for months or maybe a year after it releases anyway so there's no need to pay double for some shoes to have them early and question the authenticity. I can wait until they release personally...

You dont get it. Even if you buy a year from RD, who is to say you wont get an early release pair? If you think about it, its been this way for years, thats why i've NEVER bought early release bull crap. I wait for the trusted sellers to start getting them in 2 weeks early MAX.

All these people that want to floss 3 or 4 months in advance mess stuff up for the rest of us, because as long as theres a market for it, the early release con artists wont stop.

What are some of those sites that get them/put them up 2 weeks early? I heard of PYS doing that, is that the only place? I think there are a couple of euro places that do it too. But my euro-list is limited haha.

places like uptempoair, PYS, sneakerpost etc. They sell them when they get their official shipment from nike, instead of waiting for RD

or check out your local mom and pop sneaker shop.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

places like uptempoair, PYS, sneakerpost etc. They sell them when they get their official shipment from nike, instead of waiting for RD

these sites dont get the shoes direct from nike 
they buy wholesale from people who hold nike accounts 

Originally Posted by eltouha

with the unauthorised shoes matching and sometimes exceeding the official stuff in terms of quality, i am wetting my lips with these developments. however, i won't pay more than retail for any shoe, so the early release sites are not really an option.

on the other side, there are alternative sources for such high grade stuff.

I wear all my kicks, so if i can get my hands on unauth pair for retail or less, I will.

THIS

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

UTA told me he has a Nike account since years ago. Sneakerpost, i assumed also had one, he has a shop doesnt he?

I've never purchased from any of the "all sales are final" sites and I could never really trust em especially with some of the stories I've seen on here. I appreciate the pics though.

and if they've affected anything for me, it's how i buy shoes second hand.

despite all the rants and complaining, people will continually purchase from early sellers period!

alot of you might not even know it, but you yourself might even have an early release pair of some
09 space jams that have been sold 2 to 3 times before it even got to you! (except if you purchased from an authorized place of course)
point is, these early pairs have been in circulation for a LONG @$S time now even before all the BS surrounding the concords...

only way to fix this is if Jordan Brand actually comes up with a way to show that your pair is truly authentic... Jordan Brand will probably use this to mark up the price even more! hahahaha please dont
indifferent.gif
JB I was kidding

As a sneaker website,
Sites that have been selling early release shoes have affected us greatly. Now any customers are scared to order because of the chance of getting early release shoes. Everyone just needs to stick to reputable websites that do not sell early release shoes. We have not and will never sell them. PERIOD.

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Back then, I'd just look at the obvious flaws such as the carbon fiber, 23 spacing, position of the Jumpman, etc. But after that video, I am super paranoid, as I would think the pair the dude in the video had would be legit if I were to just see pics. I'm looking to buy some SJs right now, and the pair I'm looking at looks legit, but so do the pair in the video, so I'm scared.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Wait for RD

Originally Posted by DollaDP

I don't buy from early release sites so it doesn't affect me. I'm not going to wear the shoes for months or maybe a year after it releases anyway so there's no need to pay double for some shoes to have them early and question the authenticity. I can wait until they release personally...

You dont get it. Even if you buy a year from RD, who is to say you wont get an early release pair? If you think about it, its been this way for years, thats why i've NEVER bought early release bull crap. I wait for the trusted sellers to start getting them in 2 weeks early MAX.

All these people that want to floss 3 or 4 months in advance mess stuff up for the rest of us, because as long as theres a market for it, the early release con artists wont stop.
No, you don't get it. I said I'm not going to wear them months or a year after they release, not buy. I can wait until they release and buy them from foot locker, champs, etc. Someone I know is legit...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

doesnt affect me one bit...i always used those sites as a reference to future releases....

YO NINJA, YOU BUY FROM THESE EARLY SITES OR NO?

THESE SITES PERSONALLY LEFT A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH SO I DON'T PURCHASE FROM THESE EARLY RELEASE SITES ANYMORE. I DON'T EVEN DEAL WITH THE "LEGIT" ONES LIKE UPTEMPOAIR, PICKYOURSHOES, SNEAKERPOST ANYMORE BECAUSE I'M NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES AT ALL.

THE ONLY OPTIONS LEFT FOR ME TO PURCHASE FROM ARE FINISHLINE, CHAMPS, FOOTLOCKER, NIKE.COM, NIKETOWNS, HOUSE OF HOOPS, LARGE CHAIN SELLERS LIKE JIMMY JAZZ, OR IN STORE IN PERSON OR I WILL DEFINITELY PASS.

EBAY AND FORUMS LIKE NIKETALK, ISS, ARE AN ABSOLUTE NO-GO FOR ME AS I ALREADY SEE DUDES TRYING TO OFF THEIR EARLY RELEASE PAIRS ON HERE.

YES THE WHOLE MESS HAS AFFECTED MY PURCHASING HABITS.

never bought from early release sites.
they ALMOST ALMOST HAD ME! i was almost got got fam!! lol

when the concords first dropped on AR/SDS.. i was so tempted to press that purchase button. but something held me back.

Glad I did. they all fakes! SMH at those who keep trying to argue the fact.. i mean look at that VMVinc vid of the air bubble?!?! how can you defend that.. how can you prove the one you got off ar/sds or any other fake early release sites dont just have a deflated flat air unit in there without destroying the shoe?!? 

this also has me thinking about BUYING FROM ANYONE ON CLASSIFIEDS/EBAY/CRAIGSLIST/ETC.. i have to know where they got the shoes, and shoot even that may not be enough..

I try and stick with NDC, FL, FNL, FA, Champs, Eastbay, etc. If all else fails I check ebay with the folks I have purchased with before and received quality stuff. If I have to go past that and the site looks shady or my "spider senses" are twitching, it's not worth it. At the end of the day I'm spending my hard earned money and I want to know that what I'm getting is legit.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by mr delorean

the entire secondary resell market is tainted. i wont buy on ebay now, either.
I think that ANY online store that doesn't have a B&M location is tainted; as I said before, just how do we know what we're getting now, unless you have a rock solid rep? 

I think with eBay it can still happen.  Proof of receipts and correct tagging from various retailers can still show where it's from.
problem with ebay now is, even a receipt doesnt guarantee they didnt pull a switch.
Yeah, the bait and switch.  I think I would still trust a seller with a rock solid rep with acknowledgement of the situation though.  I wonder how hard it is for someone to get his/her hands on the tagging the major retailers put on shoes/boxes.  This whole situation may be a blessing in disguise though, as many resellers may be forced out as many more people become more aware of the issue.

EuGeNiLe GTS wrote:
Glad I did. they all fakes! SMH at those who keep trying to argue the fact.. i mean look at that VMVinc vid of the air bubble?!?! how can you defend that.. how can you prove the one you got off ar/sds or any other fake early release sites dont just have a deflated flat air unit in there without destroying the shoe?!? 

The jury is still out on that one.  Sorry to say, but I'm pretty convinced that a lot, not all, of these shoes are probably exactly the same as shoes straight from Nike, just unauthorized.  I think what's happening is that whoever is getting access to these official Nike factories is taking their best guess at what the final shoes are supposed to look like and producing them the best they can.  Notice how the "unauthorized" sneakers keep getting better the closer to RD (read: the more info they get).  If I'm not mistaken, for the BC3s, some of the early release unauthorized pairs came with a hang tag like the previous 3s, and obviously we all know the final version from stores did not.

The attitudes are funny, because even if you think you don't buy from those sites, it doesn't matter. Well it does if you buy from ebay, CL, or here. A lot of people have the attitude of I got got, so I'm selling these. Then you have people who aren't knowledgeable enough to know the difference.

It all depends because particular websites (I won't name names) are known to differ from the RD version

So unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE THEM EARLY, which should not be the case, then just wait bro.

I'd rather wait a few more months for a flawless (that is relative) pair then one wear colors are lighter/darker then the official one.

A notorious early release shoe that was found to have defects and whatnot, was the Cool Grey 11 of 2010.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

The attitudes are funny, because even if you think you don't buy from those sites, it doesn't matter. Well it does if you buy from ebay, CL, or here. A lot of people have the attitude of I got got, so I'm selling these. Then you have people who aren't knowledgeable enough to know the difference.

Exactly. 
With the Ray 13's I brushed it off too but with the Concord situation I don't see how people can still believe it can't affect them eventually. I normally only buy older releases through secondary market like eBay but if I miss out on a new release it's gonna be that much harder to find a pair now.

Originally Posted by mrkane

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Wait for RD��

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
How the hell do I wait for release date when the SJs came ouut two years, ago...???

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

UTA told me he has a Nike account since years ago. Sneakerpost, i assumed also had one, he has a shop doesnt he?

its possible but from what i was told by a good source some of these sits have no account 

Back
Top Bottom