With the issues regarding "early release" websites, how does that affect your buying decision now?

Originally Posted by rareair45

As a sneaker website,
Sites that have been selling early release shoes have affected us greatly. Now any customers are scared to order because of the chance of getting early release shoes. Everyone just needs to stick to reputable websites that do not sell early release shoes. We have not and will never sell them. PERIOD.

yeah but your not a reputable or authorized nike dealer or website 
your just a reseller with a site 

buy someplace else people avoid these small dinky websites  

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

As a sneaker website,
Sites that have been selling early release shoes have affected us greatly. Now any customers are scared to order because of the chance of getting early release shoes. Everyone just needs to stick to reputable websites that do not sell early release shoes. We have not and will never sell them. PERIOD.

I am as reputable as it gets. Please stop falsely spreading that I am not a reputable source.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

THESE SITES PERSONALLY LEFT A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH SO I DON'T PURCHASE FROM THESE EARLY RELEASE SITES ANYMORE. I DON'T EVEN DEAL WITH THE "LEGIT" ONES LIKE UPTEMPOAIR, PICKYOURSHOES, SNEAKERPOST ANYMORE BECAUSE I'M NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES AT ALL.

THE ONLY OPTIONS LEFT FOR ME TO PURCHASE FROM ARE FINISHLINE, CHAMPS, FOOTLOCKER, NIKE.COM, NIKETOWNS, HOUSE OF HOOPS, LARGE CHAIN SELLERS LIKE JIMMY JAZZ, OR IN STORE IN PERSON OR I WILL DEFINITELY PASS.

EBAY AND FORUMS LIKE NIKETALK, ISS, ARE AN ABSOLUTE NO-GO FOR ME AS I ALREADY SEE DUDES TRYING TO OFF THEIR EARLY RELEASE PAIRS ON HERE.

YES THE WHOLE MESS HAS AFFECTED MY PURCHASING HABITS.

I assure you that everything Uptempoair sells is 100% Authentic. So please don't associate Uptempoair with any of those fugazi early release websites.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

THESE SITES PERSONALLY LEFT A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH SO I DON'T PURCHASE FROM THESE EARLY RELEASE SITES ANYMORE. I DON'T EVEN DEAL WITH THE "LEGIT" ONES LIKE UPTEMPOAIR, PICKYOURSHOES, SNEAKERPOST ANYMORE BECAUSE I'M NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES AT ALL.

THE ONLY OPTIONS LEFT FOR ME TO PURCHASE FROM ARE FINISHLINE, CHAMPS, FOOTLOCKER, NIKE.COM, NIKETOWNS, HOUSE OF HOOPS, LARGE CHAIN SELLERS LIKE JIMMY JAZZ, OR IN STORE IN PERSON OR I WILL DEFINITELY PASS.

EBAY AND FORUMS LIKE NIKETALK, ISS, ARE AN ABSOLUTE NO-GO FOR ME AS I ALREADY SEE DUDES TRYING TO OFF THEIR EARLY RELEASE PAIRS ON HERE.

I assure you that everything Uptempoair sells is 100% Authentic. So please don't associate Uptempoair with any of those fugazi early release websites.
The reputable website list needs to be updated to remove the websites that sell early shoes.

MAY BE BUT LIKE I SAID, I'M NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES REGARDLESS OF HOW "REPUTABLE" EVERYONE CLAIMS THEM TO BE. IF IT ISN'T ONE OF THE BIG SNEAKER CHAINS OR I DON'T BUY IN PERSON, I'M PASSING.

EDIT: JUST REALIZED UPTEMPOAIR IS LITERALLY 15 MINUTES AWAY FROM MY SPOT.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

As a sneaker website,

I am as reputable as it gets. Please stop falsely spreading that I am not a reputable source.
PEOPLE BUY FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE 
ITS YOUR MONEY BUT LISTEN TO ME 

YOU CAN FIND ANYTHING ON THIS SITE CHEAPER 

As a sneaker website,

Early release or RD release isn't really the issue here; it's where the shoes originated.  No offense, but I'm going to side with 160, although I would have put it much more delicately.  What do we have to go on other than your word?  You're saying the same things as AR, Marquee Sole, VMV, etc.  We still have no way of  knowing whether their shoes or your shoes are 100% authentic Nike authorized sneakers.  There is a very real chance their shoes are a mix of authorized and unauthorized Nike sneakers.  Unfortunately, I think now it's either sneaker sites get their shoes straight from Nike, or the shoes could be tainted.  

The irony here is that I think I'd rather trust certain ebay sellers with rock solid reps and proof of where they purchased the shoes from over some site that's touting 100% authentic authorized shoes.  

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Early release or RD release isn't really the issue here; it's where the shoes originated.  No offense, but I'm going to side with 160, although I would have put it much more delicately.  What do we have to go on other than your word?  You're saying the same things as AR, Marquee Sole, VMV, etc.  We still have no way of  knowing whether their shoes or your shoes are 100% authentic Nike authorized sneakers.  There is a very real chance their shoes are a mix of authorized and unauthorized Nike sneakers.  Unfortunately, I think now it's either sneaker sites get their shoes straight from Nike, or the shoes could be tainted.  

The irony here is that I think I'd rather trust certain ebay sellers with rock solid reps and proof of where they purchased the shoes from over some site that's touting 100% authentic authorized shoes.  
IF PEOPLE WANT TO BUY OFF NIKETALKERS WITH WEB SITES THE FIRST SITE THAT COMES TO MIND IS 
SNEAKERSTREET.COM 

I TRUST SNEAKER STREET 100% 

HES NOT ASKING FOR MONEY UPFRONT 

HES NOT SAYING NO REFUNDS 

HES 100% LEGIT AND SOMEONE I WOULD BUY FROM AGAIN AND AGAIN

You see whats happening here now?

160 has a valid point. And to take it a step further, Why even trust a member on NT? How could you know where they got that pair from? You could have the same results as ebay. its no different.
The possibilities for scamming are endless.

The fact remains, you just DONT know. unless you're getting from a Chain store, or a verified 110% legit online seller, example, UTA and PYS.....You cannot without a shadow of a doubt say they're not shady pairs. Too many people have been burnt to be trusting someones "word".

This is something everyone needs to open their eyes to.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

You see whats happening here now?

160 has a valid point. And to take it a step further, Why even trust a member on NT? How could you know where they got that pair from? You could have the same results as ebay. its no different.
The possibilities for scamming are endless.

The fact remains, you just DONT know. unless you're getting from a Chain store, or a verified 110% legit online seller, example, UTA and PYS.....You cannot without a shadow of a doubt say they're not shady pairs. Too many people have been burnt to be trusting someones "word".
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]This is something everyone needs to open their eyes to.
the only way to know that you get legit product is to buy from a real legit source
not some clown whos going to tell people on a message board that hes just as "reputable as it gets"
eyes.gif

i could make a web site and say the same thing when your the owner of your own site and your patting yourself on the back a customer should question that 

you dont see other small websites do the something 

plus and i'll admit it i dont like this guy or his crappy site 

yeah, everyone stop buying! you can never be sure. if you buy a tainted model you will be laughed at and your feet will fall off.

that and then the prices will go down for people like me
happy.gif

Originally Posted by eltouha

yeah, everyone stop buying! you can never be sure. if you buy a tainted model you will be laughed at and your feet will fall off.

happy.gif
We get it. You've said it many times now, you dont care where they come from, how they're made etc etc. You want to "rock" them.

But, some of us DO care, and don't want to have our money going to something that is an inferior product, passed off as the real deal.

The reputable website list needs to be updated to remove the websites that sell early shoes.

I agree with this

happy.gif
We get it. You've said it many times now, you dont care where they come from, how they're made etc etc. You want to "rock" them.

But, some of us DO care, and don't want to have our money going to something that is an inferior product, passed off as the real deal.

actually, the point in that post was not the one you noted (and i admit to saying that one a few times, sorry). it was that i hope shoe hype inflation settles now that people are more apprehensive about unauthorised product.

btw: unauthorised no longer means inferior. i don't want inferior products too, but that can just as well mean authorised gear.

^^ Yup. I've seen early/unauthorized that look way better and have way better quality than some pairs that have been purchased from major retailers. Not saying that that's always the case though, just saying that unauthorized doesn't always mean the inferior product. Look at what happened with the BC3s and how some people got two different leathers on their shoes that were purchased from Footlockers.

NDC and eastbay are the only two sites I order from... IMO if icant get them from there, they aren't worth it

Originally Posted by ninjahood

doesnt affect me one bit...i always used those sites as a reference to future releases....

YO NINJA, YOU BUY FROM THESE EARLY SITES OR NO?

i never cop from any of em, i seen early release kicks in person and they were cool to me, but i usually buy all my joints on release date,

since i never rock my kicks are till months, even a year + later.. these sites only serve to inform me on whats

dropping.

happy.gif

actually, the point in that post was not the one you noted (and i admit to saying that one a few times, sorry). it was that i hope shoe hype inflation settles now that people are more apprehensive about unauthorised product.

btw: unauthorised no longer means inferior. i don't want inferior products too, but that can just as well mean authorised gear.

I understand your point. I had a little excess glue on my concords that were bought from NikeTown. And other quality control issues in the past with store bought shoes.
but what about things you cant see? Like an air unit with NO air in it? And early release buyers pay MORE for this?

13762757.jpg

I understand your point. I had a little excess glue on my concords that were bought from NikeTown. And other quality control issues in the past with store bought shoes.
but what about things you cant see? Like an air unit with NO air in it? And early release buyers pay MORE for this?

13762757.jpg

i wouldn't accept broken air in anything more than $20 fakes. nor would i pay more than retail for A-grade unauth pairs. i think we're actually on the same page, mate.
smile.gif
today i went for a 90 min walk with my baby strapped to me wearing new ray xiii's which are definitely NOT authorised, but the zooms were 100% on point. same as my ndc bought flints.

There are some very valid points in here on both sides. The consumer ultimately decides with their wallets. If they decide to buy from a less than reputable source they risk getting ripped off. That's their choice though.

the legit website list on this site should only have about a dozen names on it!

but glad to see some people that were heavily jockin these variant sites
are intelligent enough to see the error of their ways and not only stop buying
but also being overtly honest about it on nt

it's like that old 7up commercial, never have, never will

Why dont we do this... for those that have an early release sneaker, CALL NIKE, (ofcourse after RD} file a complaint about the shoe. (for those who have done that, they ask for barcode info) from there, you can either tell if they are real or not. if it passes that test, send the shoes OUT, and wait to see if nike sends them back.... 

We only live life once it your money if you want to buy them early go for it as long as you happy at the end of the day thats all that matters
forget trying to impress other people do you most of us are grown
i dont know about you guys but i aint out here to impress noone
yea i copped my shoes early not from air randy or them other sites and yea my shoes are legit
and noone can tell me any different and thats that no need for conversation now people crying about not getting a pair cause the prices are to high tough luck you didnt want them that bad

Back
Top Bottom