Woooowwww Hannity Forums. Vol. Tbone Clones.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by Deuce King

i don't agree with his views in any way, shape, or form. but i can at least respect that he seems to have some good intentions, despite how ignorant he
really does come across at times.

Eh, I'm sure members of the KKK have good intentions as well from their point of view and they come across as ignorant too, but that's not really
helping the conservatives case here on NT.
How can you compare the Republicans with KKK? You do realize Abe Lincoln was a Repub. He did have a little say in freeing slaves, which was the first step in equal rights for blacks.
indifferent.gif

You do also realize that this same Abe Lincoln didn't give a damn about slaves. Freeing the slaves was a matter of helping the North win the war.
If the South were already losing the Civil War with the slaves still shackled, everything would have been fine. But since the South was mopping
the North, Lincoln (who wanted to keep the United States united after the South seceded) freed the slaves knowing that those black men would
fight and support the North, thus pushing them over the top and winning the Civil War.

Also, while Lincoln was running for president, there was a measure proposed to free the slaves then. You think he voted for it?
laugh.gif

I did say first step. I didn't say it was some major revolution that blacks and whites could go to the same schools, or even be presidents...Unfortunately it takes time... But you can't deny it was the first step...

With that said, I didn't read any of your response because it's null and void if you missed my point.

i don't agree with his views in any way, shape, or form. but i can at least respect that he seems to have some good intentions, despite how ignorant he really does come across at times.

Eh, I'm sure members of the KKK have good intentions as well from their point of view and they come across as ignorant too, but that's not really helping the conservatives case here on NT.
How can you compare the Republicans with KKK? You do realize Abe Lincoln was a Repub. He did have a little say in freeing slaves, which was the first step in equal rights for blacks.
indifferent.gif

I compared Conservatives with the KKK, big difference champ. All Republicans are not conservatives.
What an ignorant statement.

I love all the we don't hate repubs. on the board and then you trash your fellows and create thread after thread of hate.

NT never fails to be predictable.
Republican party has always had a Conservative stance. It shouldn't be a surprise that up until the 1960's most Blacks were Republicans because they have and still do are Social Conservatives.

And it still carried over to the Civil Rights movement. More Democrats voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than Republicans. The only reason the Black vote turned Democrat was because it was LB Johnson who signed it, not a Republican.

The KKK was designed by the party to intimidate the Black vote, until 1957 Civil Rights Act, which was proposed by a Republican President to stop "voter intimidation". Oh yeah, JFK voted AGAINST that.
Uh-oh, facts and reasoning rearing its ugly head in NT. You know those don't belong here.

nnarum wrote:

Deuce King wrote:

i don't agree with his views in any way, shape, or form. but i can at least respect that he seems to have some good intentions, despite how ignorant
he

Eh, I'm sure members of the KKK have good intentions as well from their point of view and they come across as ignorant too, but that's not really

How can you compare the Republicans with KKK? You do realize Abe Lincoln was a Repub. He did have a little say in freeing slaves, which was the first step in equal rights for
blacks.
indifferent.gif

You do also realize that this same Abe Lincoln didn't give a damn about slaves. Freeing the slaves was a matter of helping the North win the war.

If the South were already losing the Civil War with the slaves still shackled, everything would have been fine. But since the South was mopping

the North, Lincoln (who wanted to keep the United States united after the South seceded) freed the slaves knowing that those black men would

fight and support the North, thus pushing them over the top and winning the Civil War.

Also, while Lincoln was running for president, there was a measure proposed to free the slaves then. You think he voted for it?
laugh.gif

I did say first step. I didn't say it was some major revolution that blacks and whites could go to the same schools, or even be presidents... Unfortunately it takes time... But you can't deny it was the first step...

With that said, I didn't read any of your response because it's null and void if you missed my point.

Obviously you missed my point. I never denied him "releasing" the slaves, BUT don't get it twisted.

His actions were not fueled by his love for equality. He did what he HAD to do to keep the United States together.

nnarum wrote:

Deuce King wrote:

i don't agree with his views in any way, shape, or form. but i can at least respect that he seems to have some good intentions, despite how ignorant
he

How can you compare the Republicans with KKK? You do realize Abe Lincoln was a Repub. He did have a little say in freeing slaves, which was the first step in equal rights for
blacks.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I did say first step. I didn't say it was some major revolution that blacks and whites could go to the same schools, or even be presidents... Unfortunately it takes time... But you can't deny it was the first step...

Obviously you missed my point. I never denied him "releasing" the slaves, BUT don't get it twisted.

His actions were not fueled by his love for equality. He did what he HAD to do to keep the United States together.
That may be true, but it doesn't discredit what I said. Did the emancipation proclamation not help free blacks from slavery? Is Abe Lincolnnot a Republican? Which leads back to my main point of how do you compare Republicans to KKK? Of course it probably wasn't out of his dear heart to do it,but it was done. And thank god because who knows how long it would've taken for people to have some sort of equality. We've come a long way. My pointagain was that the Republicans aren't some villian that NT normally makes them out to be. Obama is popular with younger crowds and people fed up with theway things have gone, that is why he's our president and why I believe most of NT is liberal.

But you decided to cross out my first sentence and twist my response so you could chime in.

I'm not getting into the the Republicans and KKK and all that. I have no comments on that.

I'm talking SOLELY about the intentions of Abe Lincoln "releasing" the slaves.

You make it seem like Lincoln was some sort of champion for black rights. Wrong.
His actions were to keep the United States of America together by any means necessary.

Releasing the slaves just happened to be a little wrinkle in his overall plan.

Here, I'll let Abraham Lincoln say it best...

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not to either to save or to destroy slavery.
If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, andif I could save it by freeing all the slaves
I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also so that.
What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union.
I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more
whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause."

Feel me?

I'm not getting into the the Republicans and KKK and all that. I have no comments on that.

You make it seem like Lincoln was some sort of champion for black rights. Wrong.
His actions were to keep the United States of America together by any means necessary.

Edit: I see where you're coming from with that quote, but I still feel it was the first step to equality.

Would you not agree though that the Emancipation Proclamation was the first step to a somewhat equality in America? Are you going to denounce the meaning ofthe document, whether you like it's intentions or not? That is all I said. Nothing more, nothing less. And that he was the president at the time that thedocument was created, and he happened to be a Republican, which was the point of me putting that in there. I don't care if you like the man or not, it iswhat it is.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Can't we all just get along?
This is good educated discussion... If you don't want it, please feel free to visit any of the PYP threads, or the girl problem threads...
smile.gif

Edit: I see where you're coming from with that quote, but I still feel it was the first step to equality.

Would you not agree though that the Emancipation Proclamation was
the first step to a somewhat equality in America? Are you going to
denounce the meaning of the document, whether you like it's intentions
or not? That is all I said. Nothing more, nothing less. And that he was the president at the time that the document was created, and he happened to be a Republican, which was the point of me putting that in there. I don't care if you like the man or not, it is what it is.

I know what you're saying. FTR, Lincoln is one of my favorite presidents.

As far as the Emancipation Proclamation, sure it was a step towards equality, but that document just didn't arrive from anywhere.
There were other actions that resulted in that documented being a Lincoln executive order. This document was a War measure and
really had no power until the North won the Civil War.

Back
Top Bottom