Working at Footlocker and hooking your friends up

Okay, so I'm confident I'm getting the job at footlocker but now that i got friends and fam knowing I'm getting the job at footlocker, they expect me to hook them up. I want to, but idk how that process even works. Help me out!

Put your foot down from the start, because your friends and family may think you are the owner of footlocker and can give out discounts like its christmas.

You probably wont be able to (depending on your manager). If he/she is a cool person, then maybe (but not during work).

If they are jerks, then they'll probably stick to the rule books and keep it strict.

Besides, Its an employee discount not a friends and family discount.

And if you think you're going to get every release, you better think twice. Managers get first dibs then seniority.

Your first mistake was letting everyone know you were getting a job at Footlocker.

You're not obligated to help them out, if you can then yes go ahead and hook them up. Don't lose your job over it though.

If they all think they're going to get every Jordan release on discount, you might as well let them know now that that's out the window. You MIGHT be able to hold a pair for yourself on discount and maybe put a retail pair to the side for another person if you're lucky. Depending on the release you might be lucky just to get 1 pair held and not even at a discount. Let them splurge on the garbage available on the 50% sales.

I use to be an assistant manager at a footaction, and let me tell you this, don't hook up your friends. It's not worth you losing your job.  I've seen a lot of people lose their jobs due to hooking up their friends.  District managers and auditors monitor employee purchases and they will look at shoe sizes etc. You can use your discounts for immediate family only. just a heads up. hope this helps!

Back in the day we use to get 50% everymonth in like 2-3 days sale for employees. but now yall just get it every blue moon. Also dont hook nobody up if you do make sure if the shoe is like 180 you get 30% discount so only tell them a price of 15% discount to make profit. 

Folks always looking for a handout, instead of looking for a discount they need to be trying to find a job or a better 1. If your that hard off to buy a pair of sneakers at retail.

I use to be an assistant manager at a footaction, and let me tell you this, don't hook up your friends. It's not worth you losing your job.  I've seen a lot of people lose their jobs due to hooking up their friends.  District managers and auditors monitor employee purchases and they will look at shoe sizes etc. You can use your discounts for immediate family only. just a heads up. hope this helps!
Lol dont listen to this guy. it is monitored but not to that extent. So limit yourself to maybe 5-10 discount per month. And dont hook people up, use it as a money making machine. Also go ham on your sales try to rack in enough sales to be leading in sales in your district that way you know you ranking in the big commission bucks

Assuming you're young and unsure who your real friends are...Tell them you can't 5x, see if they're still your friends, then hook them up.

Assuming you're young and unsure who your real friends are...Tell them you can't 5x, see if they're still your friends, then hook them up.
this is true, so many fake friends will appear now since you have that job. Be smart about it and make them cough up $20-$30 bucks everytime. 

So your "friends" expect a newly hired minimum wage stock guy to have enough weight to bring the whole team in??? Lmao Never work with your friends! Then again it is retail you won't be there by next year.

you'll be working your *** off for a small paycheck. Better get that hustle and make some profit on those hook up.

Lol dont listen to this guy. it is monitored but not to that extent. So limit yourself to maybe 5-10 discount per month. And dont hook people up, use it as a money making machine. Also go ham on your sales try to rack in enough sales to be leading in sales in your district that way you know you ranking in the big commission bucks
i'm just saying it through experience. and you might be right that they dont monitor to that extent now, but back in the day when i worked there it was like this. when employees were not limited to 500 bucks every month. I dont know if employees still have to use their employee card to make purchases but why do you think they have that? to monitor your purchases. but hey you guys dont have to listen to me...

You probably wont be able to (depending on your manager). If he/she is a cool person, then maybe (but not during work).

If they are jerks, then they'll probably stick to the rule books and keep it strict.

Besides, Its an employee discount not a friends and family discount.

And if you think you're going to get every release, you better think twice. Managers get first dibs then seniority.

So they're a jerk because they follow the rules?

Reactions: wj4
F your friends.

Get a job at Nike and hook me up w/ that Swoosh discount.

Thanks, OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom