[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

^ They have the full sizes on the LA Store, but it won't ship til the end of next week. I want the white one cause I have too many black Laker/Kobe shirts already, but I'm still confused as to whether the one on the LA Store site will have the "Black Mamba" writing on it. I looked at the comments and some say yes and others no.

Originally Posted by knightngale

does anyone know any celtics message boards? I can't see to find any

I found real cavs fans last year

good times
pimp.gif

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/BOS

SBnation is somewhat a diff format. Users post stories/articles and members comment on each story - like a thread.

I've been going to Silver Screen and Roll - Lakers SBnation http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/  more often during the past season since Yuku started to malfunction.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

Blah Blah Blah

You know what, this is one of the reasons why your team lost. I had to post this somewhere and you reminded me to do it. Look at these dudes getting excited before the REAL prize. Now, look at us. We don't celebrate that trash around here.You guys let your guard down in game 1 and got punked. It was a direct result of this attitude. Had your team been focused they might have ended it in Boston. But the bottom line is you weren't. Keep smilin' about your gimp Eastern Conference Championship, see you next year.

VS.
Well if you think about it, the Celtics weren't even suppose to be in the Finals... so why not celebrate?
laugh.gif
Who would have thought that they would have rolled over the Cavs and Magic like that? On the other hand, the Lakers were expected to win the west...

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Originally Posted by NobleKane

yea i never knew why people still wanted that dude. he was not any good...
Crittenton > Brown or Farmar
The Lakers had a high expectations for Crittenton, and when he got to play, he showed flashes of it.

But, they had to make a decision, and chose the obvious, Farmar > Crittenton. 

He had/has a smooth jump shot...  He can get to the basket... And has good ball handling skills.  Put him on the right team, and he can give you productive minutes off the bench.

I'm all for having him on the squad.  (Just don't bring those guns with you to L.A.)

He dribbled too much for my taste and wasn't a consistent shooter.

And the fact that he couldn't get minutes on Memphis and Washington the last two seasons has to raise an eyebrow.

He did dribble too much, but I know the Lakers coaching staff can mold him into a stable guard.

We'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

We better bring back Fisher and Brown
this

brown needs to work on his j though if farm leaves

we need to get a 3 point threat off the bench...mike miller anyone?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Originally Posted by NobleKane

yea i never knew why people still wanted that dude. he was not any good...
Crittenton > Brown or Farmar
The Lakers had a high expectations for Crittenton, and when he got to play, he showed flashes of it.

But, they had to make a decision, and chose the obvious, Farmar > Crittenton. 

He had/has a smooth jump shot...  He can get to the basket... And has good ball handling skills.  Put him on the right team, and he can give you productive minutes off the bench.

I'm all for having him on the squad.  (Just don't bring those guns with you to L.A.)
i think it was more like Critt had more value(or to sweeten that package deal for Gasol
laugh.gif
) rather than the laker's decision to keep one over the other.

What do you guys think about Delonte West being brought in? I heard he might get bought out this summer (partially guaranteed contract). He's a pretty good fit in the triangle given his size and shooting ability. Also a solid defender from what I've seen. He has his issues with the gun charges, bipolar disorder and rumored relatinship with LeBron's mom but I think Phil and Kobe could control him. And let's be real, the trio of West, Odom and Artest for an entire season would be too good to pass up.
laugh.gif

Ok first off it feels great to be a Laker right now. After reading this thread, some cats in here are getting straight RIDICULOUS
laugh.gif

Crittenton over Farmar? LOL Son left the Lakeshow for a reason. He's a taller Smush Parker in my eyes.

As far as off season movement goes, I think Powell, Mbenga, Walton should be shown the exit. Vujacic proved that he can step up so he's cool. Unless Bynum can't play anymore, he's staying.

eek.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
at the people talking about Steve Blake/ Watson over Fisher. You've got to be kidding me. That's disrespectful to the 10th degree.

The only ex Laker I want to acquire is Turiaf. To this day I don't know why they got rid of him. Son was electric. Getting Ariza and Turiaf back would be all I need.

That Ron Artest song was flames.

The two "championship" vids posted above sums it up. Lakers aren't satisfied until we get Cookies
pimp.gif

LET'S GO LAAAKKKKERRRSSS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

What do you guys think about Delonte West being brought in? I heard he might get bought out this summer (partially guaranteed contract). He's a pretty good fit in the triangle given his size and shooting ability. Also a solid defender from what I've seen. He has his issues with the gun charges, bipolar disorder and rumored relatinship with LeBron's mom but I think Phil and Kobe could control him. And let's be real, the trio of West, Odom and Artest for an entire season would be too good to pass up.
laugh.gif

Pass on West.  We're stretching our limits if we start tipping the balance of crazies and solid vets. 

Besides that, I have never been enamored with West's game.  And he was never enough to help Bron, the hell with riskin him ghosting again for us. 

I don't think he can create his own shot well, and I don't think he's that good of a shooter to spot up or anything.   I honestly wouldn't take him over Sasha.  Dead serious.  Now if he's cheap, and we were making a deal, say getting rid of Walton's deal or something, that's one thing, but just to sign him and have him as a rotation 7-8-9 type guy, I'd pass.  11-12 type guy for a mill a season, eh, ok.  But that's it. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

Pass on West.  We're stretching our limits if we start tipping the balance of crazies and solid vets. 

Besides that, I have never been enamored with West's game.  And he was never enough to help Bron, the hell with riskin him ghosting again for us. 

I don't think he can create his own shot well, and I don't think he's that good of a shooter to spot up or anything.   I honestly wouldn't take him over Sasha.  Dead serious.  Now if he's cheap, and we were making a deal, say getting rid of Walton's deal or something, that's one thing, but just to sign him and have him as a rotation 7-8-9 type guy, I'd pass.  11-12 type guy for a mill a season, eh, ok.  But that's it.   
Besides this past playoffs, he was Cleveland's second best playoff performer (I realize that might not be saying much
laugh.gif
) the previous two playoff trips. He's a pretty good shooter looking at the percentages (career 44% FG and 37% 3PT) and just from what I've seen in games. Maybe I'm bias because I liked his game in college and wanted him in 2004.

laugh.gif

Besides this past playoffs, he was Cleveland's second best playoff performer (I realize that might not be saying much
laugh.gif
) the previous two playoff trips. He's a pretty good shooter looking at the percentages (career 44% FG and 37% 3PT) and just from what I've seen in games. Maybe I'm bias because I liked his game in college and wanted him in 2004.

This year he didn't do really anything, but last season he did put up some decent games.  (going thru his game logs....postseason wise)  

Really the only benefit that I would like would be if he came over and started to win, we would have a field day with Bron stans.  I'm always in the mood for that. 
laugh.gif

What do you have in mind for him?  3rd guard/first off the bench combo taking over for Fish and spelling Bryant in stretches? 

This would be our 3rd crazy, as well as our 3rd leftie, making us one hell of a unique team.  Lefties cross people up a lil bit, add to that Bynum and Gasol's length, and of course Kobe, we'd be one tough team in terms of matching up. 

I just truly truly question his head.  Could he learn the triangle?  Would he even try?  Does he care?  I would want answers to that before I would be ok with him signing.  And I truly would rather have another guard off the bench before him.  Him as our 3rd guard would scare me to death. 

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Ok first off it feels great to be a Laker right now. After reading this thread, some cats in here are getting straight RIDICULOUS
laugh.gif

Crittenton over Farmar? LOL Son left the Lakeshow for a reason. He's a taller Smush Parker in my eyes.

As far as off season movement goes, I think Powell, Mbenga, Walton should be shown the exit. Vujacic proved that he can step up so he's cool. Unless Bynum can't play anymore, he's staying.

eek.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
at the people talking about Steve Blake/ Watson over Fisher. You've got to be kidding me. That's disrespectful to the 10th degree.

The only ex Laker I want to acquire is Turiaf. To this day I don't know why they got rid of him. Son was electric. Getting Ariza and Turiaf back would be all I need.

That Ron Artest song was flames.

The two "championship" vids posted above sums it up. Lakers aren't satisfied until we get Cookies
pimp.gif

LET'S GO LAAAKKKKERRRSSS!!!!!!!

Really?  You don't know why they got rid of him?  How long have you been following the Lakers? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Turiaf and Ariza departed for similar reasons.  Look it up.

And I must be blind, but who said Steve Blake/Watson would replace Fisher?  I thought they suggested them as backups?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This year he didn't do really anything, but last season he did put up some decent games.  (going thru his game logs....postseason wise)  

Really the only benefit that I would like would be if he came over and started to win, we would have a field day with Bron stans.  I'm always in the mood for that. 
laugh.gif

What do you have in mind for him?  3rd guard/first off the bench combo taking over for Fish and spelling Bryant in stretches? 

This would be our 3rd crazy, as well as our 3rd leftie, making us one hell of a unique team.  Lefties cross people up a lil bit, add to that Bynum and Gasol's length, and of course Kobe, we'd be one tough team in terms of matching up. 

I just truly truly question his head.  Could he learn the triangle?  Would he even try?  Does he care?  I would want answers to that before I would be ok with him signing.  And I truly would rather have another guard off the bench before him.  Him as our 3rd guard would scare me to death. 
Yeah I would have Delonte be the first guard off the bench. Phil could make him the main backup to Fish. He could also play SG in spots if Kobe was in foul trouble.

A back court rotation of Kobe, Fish, West and Sasha (contract year
pimp.gif
) would be fine. Sign (or draft?) another guard to round out the back court. I kind of like bringing back Jannero Pargo. As third string emergency PG he would be perfect. He was with the Lakers back in 04 so he has some experience running in the triangle. If I remember correctly, Phil said he liked Pargo a lot and didn't want to cut him but had to.

ohwell.gif
Well if this is it for Phil, way to go out on top. One of if not the best coach in pro sports history.

Byron Scott on line 1...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah I would have Delonte be the first guard off the bench. Phil could make him the main backup to Fish. He could also play SG in spots if Kobe was in foul trouble.

A back court rotation of Kobe, Fish, West and Sasha (contract year
pimp.gif
) would be fine. Sign (or draft?) another guard to round out the back court. I kind of like bringing back Jannero Pargo. As third string emergency PG he would be perfect. He was with the Lakers back in 04 so he has some experience running in the triangle. If I remember correctly, Phil said he liked Pargo a lot and didn't want to cut him but had to.

Now see, PARGO is exactly a guard I would covet.  He was $$ in 08 for N.O.  He sparked the hell out of that team and I was always like "wasn't this dude with us a while back? " 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He took that money and ran and then last year stunk it up in Chi, but maybe gettin back in a rotation with set minutes (something Phil is great at)  would get him back going again. 

And running with the second team, Lamar, Bynum, Sasha/Brown and whoever at SF would put him in position to run pick and roll and shoot from outside with good rebounding underneath, yeah, I would like Pargo.  

Let's see where that goes right there. 

Tupac, Phil will be back, no worries.  He wants the chance to go after that 4th 3 peat.  And God that sounds ridiculous. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

He dribbled too much for my taste and wasn't a consistent shooter.

And the fact that he couldn't get minutes on Memphis and Washington the last two seasons has to raise an eyebrow.
i agree with both points

I think Phil would give it one more go.  He's not ready to leave IMO.

As for Farmar, I think we can officially consider him gone.   All the clues he's been giving are in regards to playing elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom