[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

They are taking it easy with him. I'm sure doctors don't want to rush him back into basketball activities.

Let's hope he just misses the pre-season, worse case scenario.

man at this point i wouldn't mind him missing a 4th of the season so he wont get hurt and will be ready for the playoffs, we will still be a top 3 seed in the NBA without him.
ohwell.gif

After what our length did for us in the playoffs, I'm fine with Bynum coming back late.

Hell, he could come back in December if he needs to. Her should heal 100% than take another 2 weeks to try and get his conditioning and strength back.

I'm interested to see how Kobe comes back from his injuries. He was the leading scorer and easily the most dominant player last season before his injury and before Pau Gasol came back from injury.

I'm hoping we deal with less injuries this season, last year was a damn nightmare.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

it's a fake that could be had at any swap meet for around $40-50

Or less than $30.   I've seen them go that low. 

yeah i know its fake or whatever but man ive always thought the Lakers jersey with black is just too dope and especially for something as low as $30?! 

thanks fellas

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

After what our length did for us in the playoffs, I'm fine with Bynum coming back late.

Hell, he could come back in December if he needs to. Her should heal 100% than take another 2 weeks to try and get his conditioning and strength back.

I'm interested to see how Kobe comes back from his injuries. He was the leading scorer and easily the most dominant player last season before his injury and before Pau Gasol came back from injury.

I'm hoping we deal with less injuries this season, last year was a damn nightmare.
Just means more minutes on Pau and Lamar early in the season.
30t6p3b.gif

I hope Caracter and Ratliff are ready.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Bynum waited? Why?
according to mitch,  bynum was really supposed to be ready by the start of the season
but according to the doctors instead of taking out the torn cartilage which would have been a 4-8 weeks of recovery, while the surgery was happening
the doctor just decided to repair the tear which is better for the player but longer recovery..

I'm frustrated as hell with this Bynum situation. I swear if he comes back (which im sure will be 2 weeks late at least) and gets hurt again at any point before we 3-peat, im done with him

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

i would trade Andrew Bynum for Marc Gasol, straight up.
id do it too but would the grizz do it?

anyways i give nothing but full props to drew for playing in pain during the playoffs. i questioned it and now i see him in a different light. anyways the season hasnt started but yet you guys are already talking trades?

smh

If Bynum is healthy ( yes i know a big If) he's a better center than Marc Gasol... Once its xmas time and Bynum is still injured, then we can worry and question this kid, but its early.

I would definitely keep Bynum over Marc Gasol. His defense is way better, one Gasol is enough and were fortunate enough to have the better one of the two.

I do like the fact that Caracter and Theo get time to play and mesh into the Triangle offense tho. im just curious to see how Ebanks is goin to get in with

Barnes and Artest ahead of him

I personally wouldn't trade Andrew for Marc straight up

But

That's an interesting debate. Marc is a very heady player just like his brother. He is also adept at passing from the post and his passing ability doesn't reflect his production, his bball IQ is up there with the best of big men. Obviously he's a bull and a glass cleaner. Depending on coaching, in a few years he should be much more polished offensively..... that's a very interesting scneario-- Marc Gasol for Andrew Bynum straight up on this current Laker team. Not as preposterous as I initially thought.

Obviously Andrew is injury prone, and while I don't give a rat's butt that he's missing a few months to start, there's always that injury cloud over his head. Basically if he can't go during a playoff run or if he's gimpy I don't like their chances at a title. And that scenario from his history is more than likely to become a reality. Acquiring a defensive/rebound minded player like Marc who doesn't have all of the knee concerns would be the best option if they were to ever trade Drew.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

yo! i just copped this shirt at a footlocker fashion square mall sherman oaks when i was down there in 2 weeks ago 

thanks ill check my local FL

hmmmm...... maybe the bynum for bosh trade might come back to haunt the lakers? interesting....

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

i would trade Andrew Bynum for Marc Gasol, straight up.
id do it too but would the grizz do it? 
Drew suffered his major injuries against this team, doubt that they would even consider, they've seen first hand what its like to see him go down
laugh.gif

okay, so who is starting up the new season thread? it should be either Licensed to Ball or KB8SD imo since they appear to have good luck.

Can someone please link me to the new Lakers thread I locked a couple weeks ago? I'm on my phone and it sucks going through all these pages, and I said I'd re-open it when the preseason starts.

Thanks in advance.

Also, what time's the game today?

Back
Top Bottom