World Championship Wrestling (WCW) Appreciation Post

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by JoeClear

Ravishing Rick Rude and Stunning Steve Austin  were a damn good tag team
I don't even remember them teaming up.  Was that before or after Austin tagged with Pillman as The Hollywood Blondes?  It's weird remembering Steve when he had blonde hair and was a technical wrestler.
It was before the Hollywood blondes. Rude really had beef with Sting during that time.

Dustin Rhodes and Barry Windham had some decent matches as a tag team in WCW
laugh.gif

when the nwo took over that one night and started beating up everybody threw rey mysterio into the trailer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the only thing to appreciate about WCW is the original NWO otherwise WCW would have been trash

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I was always WWF growing, but it was hard to ignore WCW in the NWO era.

This.. I used to always flip the channel during the Monday night wars..

Didn't really become a fan until the mid-90s... But I did follow whenever I wasn't glued to the WWF on my TV...

WWF was just way more entertaining during the early 90's

Van Hammer

Big Van Vader (with the Samurai mask
pimp.gif
 )

Ricky Steamboat

The Steiner Brothers

were all my early favorites from WCW...

I became a fan once the nWo heel came into play...

Ric Flair is GOD...

And I still do the Alex Wright dance at parties I attend... 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

WCW Saturday Night 
pimp.gif

Ultimo Dragon, La Parka, Juventud, Rey Mysterio, Psychosis
pimp.gif

And then the funny dudes like Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, and the Booty Man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jcmojica24

nwo-1z8pkzn.jpg

This is when NWO fell off. They started letting EVERYBODY join. It shoulda just been Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall and maybe 2 more people.

Goldberg had the best entrance  back then.
pimp.gif

the only thing to appreciate about WCW is the original NWO otherwise WCW would have been trash

LOL.

The WCW cruiserweight division was one of the best things to happen to wrestling. Ever. Besides essentially anything that involved Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart, almost no one was consistently putting on better matches in the 90s than those guys.

^ this guy knows...

Cruiserweights division >>> Anything NWO associated > Jericho > Goldberg.

When sting became NWO is when I started to think wcw was lameeee. But we see who won the Monday night wars...

WCW pay per views had the cooler entrance venues too. The fake sand at Bash at the Beach and all the Halloween stuff at Halloween Havoc
laugh.gif

Also one of the greatest wrestling video games of all time. This changed the game IMO

2vbsrao.jpg

Originally Posted by Zyzz

You must not have been a fan of actual wrestling. Funny is whenever the NWO came on TV I would change the channel. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PLVN

The finish to this match has to be one of my favorite spots ever

Yes man. I already know what you are talking about. Top rope franken countered into a Walls of Jericho. Yea man that was when Jericho was making his rise to stardom. I hated  that my man Juvi was unmasked because of Jericho though. 
frown.gif

I might watch WCW Saturday Night. Ain't got no plans tonight.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

WCW Saturday Night 
pimp.gif

Ultimo Dragon, La Parka, Juventud, Rey Mysterio, Psychosis
pimp.gif

And then the funny dudes like Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, and the Booty Man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I hated hacksaw with a passion, dude sucked
laugh.gif

every damn nitro for like a 2 year period ended with a faction brawl or a beatdown and "were outta time"
laugh.gif

ps a lotta full length wcw ppvs are on youtube its good stuff

Back
Top Bottom