Would you dorm at college as a 23 yr old?

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

Never dormed in college.

Off campus condo.
Home with parents
sick.gif

Now my own spot
pimp.gif

from what i've observed, dorms are a lot more expensive than off-campus apartments. if you're new to the area, dorms are nice for meeting people. otherwise, get an apt.

Originally Posted by limonyfresh

If you can get a dorm with your own room, yes.

im 23 and i dorm with my own room just sharing the bathroom thats connected to the other room

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by Vendetta

OHyeah10 wrote:

I have a chance to get free tuition at a school but I would have to dorm or somehow find an apartment close by. Would you guys do the dorm thing for the first time as a 23 year old? or will it be really weird?

I don't see why you're even wondering

Only if ur kickin with 2-4 other like-minded 23yr olds in the dorms. At 21-22 i was in the on-campus apartments (different from dorms), with
3 other roommates, it was all good, but you definitely feel youself getting older and other people getting younger.

if they're paying for it you might as well, if not or you're uncomfortable with it find an apartment close by.

NO!

get an apartment or rent a house with a couple people

for the social factor, an apartment or house is way better since you'll be able to throw parties without having RA's or campus security stopping it, plus how the hell are you supposed to party in a 300 sq ft dorm room? 
laugh.gif

Our upperclass dorms were kinda suite style so to dorm @ 23 wasn't that serious. Only reason I didn't was cuz you had to show ID and sign guests in and out which I wasn't trying to do.

Originally Posted by yomegaaa

Originally Posted by limonyfresh

If you can get a dorm with your own room, yes.

im 23 and i dorm with my own room just sharing the bathroom thats connected to the other room
Bathrooms aren't too bad. Sharing a room can suck though.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

its only free tuition for classes, not the dorms. I would be paying for it but Im leaning towards just doing it now. I never had the dorm experience when I first started college so maybe it will be a good experience
laugh.gif

I'd do it....smangin chicks AT MY LEISURE!!!

My boy graduated this year with his BS and is now at his school for an extra year for his masters. Commuted all 4 years, and finally got the opportunity to dorm this year and is gonna be living tripled up with two underclassmen come september. He's OD hyped about it and talks about it nearly every day but the whole time im thinking like damn, i'd hate to be a freshman tripled up, but a grad student tripled up? C'mon son. Thats my dude tho so I hope he lives it up and smashes the freshmen early
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Storm2006

If I didn't want to smandangle any females, then yes. Otherwise, I'd live off campus and profit.
If YNS in the dorms, then... well I don't know....

You will be disappointed if youre thinking it will be like the movie experience.
Get a single and it won't be much different then living in any other apt.
Get a double and you might end up rescuing drunk kids.

You'll be the life of the party every time cause all the freshmen will come to you to get them alcohol.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

I have a chance to get free tuition at a school but I would have to dorm or somehow find an apartment close by. Would you guys do the dorm thing for the first time as a 23 year old? or will it be really weird?

I don't see why you're even wondering
This.

I don't even know how this is a serious question. Free tuition bro! Come on!!!

you know there really is only ONE drawback, alky buying.  You are the only person they know that can easily get them alcohol.  At first people won't want to ask you, but if you become friends with them you'll be the go to guy for alcohol.  Honestly, that is not a big problem cuz you'll make a ton of money cuz everyone will give you $5 bucks and they'll say they want a 40 or something.  You'll make off like a bandit from the change, as long as you let them know you don't want to deal with change.  The biggest problem though is it something bad happens in the dorm and they rat on you about buying them alcohol you would be in serious trouble.  It is stupid.  They'd get alcohol somehow but you gotta consider the risk.  Just to be safe i'd always buy in cash and have them meet you outside the dorms to get it and let them take it inside the dorms themselves.  That way you aren't on any cameras, and that way you can't be accused of bringing in the alky.  After that it is just your word versus theirs.  You might be able to smash a few cuties as well, but it is a bit weird.  We had two 24 year olds in my dorms when I was a freshman and it was mad odd.  We always felt like they were sooooooo much older than us, and we would hate on em a little bit if they tried to hit on chicks.  Haha, now being 25 and looking back on it we were complete idiots.  Hahah you could just lie and say you are 21.  No one is going to id check you.

Back
Top Bottom