Would you ever let your parents borrow or have money?

they're your parents, they havve gave you money for at east 18 years, you should let them borrow money

I would and I do, whether it's for something important or not. I never have problems with my dad, cause he 100 percent pays me back all the time. My mom on the other hand is just the queen of mismanaging money. She's had her own business for 20 years, but will front like she didn't make rent or something, then next thing you know, your money was spent on Gucci/Coach/Louie, etc etc. So I'm super tight with my money when it involves her.

I would give my parents AND in-laws money with now questions asked.

Both sets have provided endless support and I would happily try to do the same in any way I can.

But my wife's aunts/uncles and cousins on the other hand......

My pops is an alcoholic with a shady job. Inconsistent hours and pay. so no

Moms is responsible and gainfully employed with no drug or drinking problems. so yes

Inlaws? Theyre both gainfully employed and responsible and help us out, so yes.

Mom would get whatever she asks for on the spot, no questions. I would give my dad money too, I would have questions though since he is well off financially as it is.

No amount of money moms could ever ask for would ever pay compensate for all she did raising me and making sure I had what I needed to be successful today. She gave me the tools to life.

They can have it if I got it. But If I need it and they need to borrow it, I'm assessing the reasons why, and answer is usually no.

of course if i had and my mom needed it
my mom would do the same
even when we be beefin and not talking
for weeks or months
and would always look out
because she again would do the same for me

My parents have done so much for me and my 5 siblings with so little growing up and I am very thankful for that. Now that we're all grown up it's now our turn to take care of them. We'd do anything for our parents. They can take care of themselves financially today, but we all give our parents money, pay for their mortgage, etc... just so they dont have to work so hard.

Last edited:
Did in the past, never would again. Never got the money back which is annoying, but more importantly I don't like having money issues with my family members, unnecessary strain on the relationship.

Did in the past, never would again. Never got the money back which is annoying, but more importantly I don't like having money issues with my family members, unnecessary strain on the relationship.

Not to get too personal but was it at least 4 digits? I can see wanting that back or at least some of it depending on your finances. But your parents probably have spent 6 digits on you. I wouldn't sweat the non payback. That's how family is supposed to be.

they're your parents, they havve gave you money for at east 18 years, you should let them borrow money

No they didnt. In fact i am really jealous of people who have their parents help them set up their lives. They live where they have wanted to live and are in a great position in their lives thanks to their parents.

My parents arent supportive of anything I do and held me back from accomplishing my goals. I am at least a decade from where I want to be in life. Its a miracle I am not worse off. They shouldnt ever ask for money cuz they will just embarass themselves.

Last edited:

No they didnt. In fact i am really jealous of people who have their parents help them set up their lives. They live where they have wanted to live and are in a great position in their lives thanks to their parents.

My parents arent supportive of anything I do and held me back from accomplishing my goals. I am at least a decade from where I want to be in life. Its a miracle I am not worse off. They shouldnt ever ask for money cuz they will just embarass themselves.

well damb.. no comment :lol:

my father was never there so for him , no , but im a grown man i wouldnt let another man starve period so i probably would given the situation , my moms b ? shes broke , unstable , and never budgetted a dollar correctly , but she loves me , lend her money ? id die for her bro .

If your parents have been in your life your whole life, no matter what problems ya'll have  (unless there is like molestations or such) then you are an ungrateful bastard if you say no, ever, or ever ask them to give it back to  you. It costs around a million to raise a child, they've paid their dues, you ungrateful little snot.

how is this even a question? especially on a site that most people found due to a very expensive parent-funded hobby

Not to get too personal but was it at least 4 digits? I can see wanting that back or at least some of it depending on your finances. But your parents probably have spent 6 digits on you. I wouldn't sweat the non payback. That's how family is supposed to be.

It was 4 digits, it happened during a time when I wasn't in a great situation financially but I was willing to do it to help out my family because they were in a worse position. It's a ****** position to be in for both sides and I'd rather just avoid it when the time comes again. The worst part is I know it will happen again :smh:

Back
Top Bottom