Would you get a tattoo of your team if you were a DIE HARD fan?

If I get the Cleveland 'C' logo tatted, to me it would be:

representing my city =/= representing the team I cheer for.

If I get the Cleveland 'C' logo tatted, to me it would be:

representing my city =/= representing the team I cheer for.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

If you actually attended Duke, it might be alright.

Otherwise....
This. Some of my friends from undergrad have Longhorn tattoos on their calves and shoulders, but we all went to UT. I loved FSU football and Duke basketball as a kid, but I would never consider taking it there. It's doing too much, and I would get tired of people asking if I went to Duke, then having to awkwardly say something like, "No, but I've been a fan since the Grant Hill/Bobby Hurley days."

Originally Posted by SHUGES

If you actually attended Duke, it might be alright.

Otherwise....
This. Some of my friends from undergrad have Longhorn tattoos on their calves and shoulders, but we all went to UT. I loved FSU football and Duke basketball as a kid, but I would never consider taking it there. It's doing too much, and I would get tired of people asking if I went to Duke, then having to awkwardly say something like, "No, but I've been a fan since the Grant Hill/Bobby Hurley days."

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Naw

Someone on Opening Night got a Timberwolves logo tattoo for a Klondike bar
roll.gif
Wish I could find pictures of it.

At least we know what he'd do for a Klondike

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Naw

Someone on Opening Night got a Timberwolves logo tattoo for a Klondike bar
roll.gif
Wish I could find pictures of it.

At least we know what he'd do for a Klondike

i dont know how this thread got bumped after all this time....i never got it...it was just something i considered and wanted to get some opinions lol

i dont know how this thread got bumped after all this time....i never got it...it was just something i considered and wanted to get some opinions lol

No, but that is because the majority of them are tacky as $%!@.

I'll be lying if I said I haven't thought about an "LA" tat, but it's more than a Dodger logo now.

No, but that is because the majority of them are tacky as $%!@.

I'll be lying if I said I haven't thought about an "LA" tat, but it's more than a Dodger logo now.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

The issue isn't really whether you should get the tattoo, it's whether it's healthy to support a sports team to the point that you would consider permanently engraving their logo into your body.

But the fact that you are seriously considering this probably means that you are so emotionally invested in the team that you'd be a different person if you stopped being such a die-hard fan. Duke's basketball team is a part of your psyche.

So really, you might as well get the tattoo and just embrace who you are fully, because it seems that you're so deep into supporting the team that any rational conversation about the possible detrimental effects of supporting a sports team/corporation to this extent will likely be lost on you.
And IMO people getting the NY logo tat is way different. Most are doing it to represent the city more than they are doing it to represent the ballclub. Maybe I'm wrong about that but it always seemed to me to be more about repping where you grew up. 
Exactly.  "die hard" fan is so sad to me

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

The issue isn't really whether you should get the tattoo, it's whether it's healthy to support a sports team to the point that you would consider permanently engraving their logo into your body.

But the fact that you are seriously considering this probably means that you are so emotionally invested in the team that you'd be a different person if you stopped being such a die-hard fan. Duke's basketball team is a part of your psyche.

So really, you might as well get the tattoo and just embrace who you are fully, because it seems that you're so deep into supporting the team that any rational conversation about the possible detrimental effects of supporting a sports team/corporation to this extent will likely be lost on you.
And IMO people getting the NY logo tat is way different. Most are doing it to represent the city more than they are doing it to represent the ballclub. Maybe I'm wrong about that but it always seemed to me to be more about repping where you grew up. 
Exactly.  "die hard" fan is so sad to me

i got a montreal expos tat, a houston oilers tat, a quebbec nordiques tat, and a vancouver grizzlies tat.

my life sucks.

i got a montreal expos tat, a houston oilers tat, a quebbec nordiques tat, and a vancouver grizzlies tat.

my life sucks.

never in my life

if i want ppl to know im a die hard fan i would just wear the team sports gear everyday to show im a die hard fan, no need to get it tatted imo

Back
Top Bottom