Would You Go on a Group Trip With a Hater?

Hey NT, got invited to go on a trip with some friends and their friends. Also going is a friend (or so I thought) who's apparently been talking a lot behind my back. Recently heard he made a group message without me and has been telling the group message specifically for the trip (I'm not in it yet) that I'd ruin the "vibes." This is news to me since whenever I see him it seems all good and we've never had any heated disagreements. Honestly some of my friends going think he sucks, but I'm sure he'll be all in the ears of their friends who don't know me.

Is it worth going on a trip when someone's probably going to go out of their way to bring the negativity? Anyone been on a trip like this before?

It’s a GROUP trip famb. Not like it’s just going to be you and him. You don’t have to be around him like that if you don’t want to. There should be minimal static IMO. If you want to go then go. If you don’t go because he doesn’t want you to then he won and you lost IMO.

Wouldn’t go, I’d also take a closer look at your friend group. How long into the trip planning were you invited? A group chat excluding you for the purpose of talking down on you is weird, especially if there’s another group chat with everyone included.
3-4 total days/3 nights in Vegas

Yeah he nearly recreated the group message I made with my various friends sans myself and a few friends who are more just tight with me. Our friends who he added to it kind of just rolled their eyes about it. Straight teenage girl behavior on his part.

Go on the trip and fist fight him in front of everyone

Humble him

Not even worth it because then dude can use that to say “See, I told y’all we shouldn’t have let him come!” Just ignore him, man. This is a petty squabble. If he says something to your face then address otherwise, he’s just another BAN

How many people are going on this trip OP?

For the general question, yes. I’d just avoid the ***** *** hater and have fun.

For your situation though:
Hey NT, got invited to go on a trip with some friends and their friends. Also going is a friend (or so I thought) who's apparently been talking a lot behind my back. Recently heard he made a group message without me and has been telling the group message specifically for the trip (I'm not in it yet) that I'd ruin the "vibes." This is news to me since whenever I see him it seems all good and we've never had any heated disagreements. Honestly some of my friends going think he sucks, but I'm sure he'll be all in the ears of their friends who don't know me.

Is it worth going on a trip when someone's probably going to go out of their way to bring the negativity? Anyone been on a trip like this before?
You should knock that ***** out one time before y’all go on the trip. He’ll either switch up and stop hating like that or not go on the trip altogether.

A few questions.

1. Are you responsible for paying?

2. How many people are going?

3. How long have you known the hater?

I’d say go, but you’d have to be good at filtering out his negativity. Easier said than done

That’s the thing, though…OP said he is cordial in front of his face! This other dude is just a Basketball Wife and likes to be chatty behind the scenes. This is really a non-issue for a large group IN VEGAS of all places IMO

Seems like you got some **** boys in your circle.

That’s your issue.

Hanging with people who hang with him.

Better yet “YOU ARE THE COMPANY YOU KEEP”

You a **** boy too?

7 people and yes paying for my part of the hotel and expenses. Known him for like 15 years, but this only recently has been an issue.

7 is large enough that you don’t have to interact with him all trip if you don’t want to. Go if you want to go bro.

For the general question, yes. I’d just avoid the ***** *** hater and have fun.

For your situation though:

You should knock that ***** out one time before y’all go on the trip. He’ll either switch up and stop hating like that or not go on the trip altogether.
Smash his girl if you can
I've been ready to, but haven't seen his face since I heard about all this. He doesn't show as much in general ever since he got a girl a year and a half ago who funny enough was trying to flirt with me the night he met her (and could be the root of some jealousy :lol:)

Seems like you got some **** boys in your circle.

That’s your issue.

Hanging with people who hang with him.

Better yet “YOU ARE THE COMPANY YOU KEEP”

You a **** boy too?
Nah. Guilty of being in the same place for too long and keeping friends or friends of friends around due to convenience/history despite growing apart.

went to school with an NTer here and was good friends with him for a few years... as we got older I realized he too was a hater and even try to clown me on here in the forums and through text... So I was just like enough is enough and just deleted their number and stopped contact with them... but it is what it is

Back
Top Bottom