Would you rather be homeless or in jail?

out in sf being homeless aint too bad
hit the shelter for some food/shelter
go to the library to read
chill at the park
get a free phone under obama's cell plan

Been in prison & slept on park benches in my time, thankfully not for a longass time. Sleeping rough in the snow & uk winds is not good no matter which way you spin it, jail was ok tbh, but as I was locked up in the states & live in the UK, the 1st degree felony doesn't effect me, so I don't suffer the long term negative effects. The question is not a cut & dry as most of ya'll think

This is an interesting question.

How long are we talking though? Theoretically would I be in jail/homeless for 6 months, a year, indefinitely?

decisions decisions

Pros  well im gonna go with homeless because they have shelters and soup ******** that cater to them. programs that will guide them into the right direction. the only catch is they have to go the extra mile to utilize this help.

Cons In prison your surrounded by different criminals and guys that might find you attractive.but you're not in control of anything you do and you are out of the public's eye. which means the doc can mistreat you and have inmates beat on you and you can do squat about it.or place you in solitaire confinement for no reason

Pros,may get a permanent meal,shower and cot. 

if you're homeless, you might get lucky from getting pissed on or burnt by a good Samaritan stepping up and preventing this issue from occurring  

Cons being homeless youre looked at like an outcast,a loser or evildoer. people will avoid because they think you're a black sheep or lazy. 

I have had this conversation so many times over the years with various people. It was a topic in one of my classes even. Jail is the obvious choice for me. Three meals cloths and shelter. If I was homeless I would send myself to jail in a heartbeat and I'm terrified of going to jail.

I do get where the advocates for homelessness are coming from but I think it's just too optimistic a mindset to believe that you will pull yourself up by your bootstraps and make it. There also has to be set parameters around what the homeless persons circumstances are before people start dragging crazy hypotheticals into it like you're homeless with a degree from MIT.

At the end of the day I'm glad I don't really have to choose between either.

Last edited:
I've watched way too many prison documentaries over the years. I am a good looking young man, that tries to avoid conflict as much as possible. I would not last an hour in prison.

If you can get clean enough for a day. Im sure there is a big girl out there that will feed you and keep you clean without living on the streets. Too many lonely women to be homeless.

Id rather be homeless though.

Of course when you make being homeless sound like you're not really homeless that's the choice :lol:

If I had to choose between being the man on the street that I've seen everyday for years with one shoe, smell like 30 year old crap, pounds of dirt piled up on me vs being in jail .. I'd choose the latter.

Never been to jail, but people really are making being homeless sound like a breeze :lol: not really sure if that guy I always see rummaging through trash to eat wet bread and the excess chicken bones, or the guy who has worn his shoes and socks for so long they're nearly fusing to his feet, or the guy getting woke up from his sleep on a park bench by being beaten would find jail vs being homeless such an easy decision.

definitely homeless. with the amount of shelters they have and programs to get themselves home its a no brainer. Have ya'll ever seen drillbit taylor? :lol: there are homeless people that you wouldn't even know are homeless because they look and l fine. The ones that stink and are degrading are the ones that developed those lazy habits of begging and doing nothing with their lives. Jail requires you to stay there for as long as you're sentenced.

Never been to jail, but people really are making being homeless sound like a breeze :lol: not really sure if that guy I always see rummaging through trash to eat wet bread and the excess chicken bones, or the guy who has worn his shoes and socks for so long they're nearly fusing to his feet, or the guy getting woke up from his sleep on a park bench by being beaten would find jail vs being homeless such an easy decision.

I've had to cook for and eat with homeless people do 3 months for community service when I got in trouble. I can 100% guarantee you that plenty of these dudes rummaging through garbage have option. I'll put my life on it. I sat and ate with the same homeless people 3 days a week for 3 months. Some of them find solace in their struggle as long as they feel like they're doing for themselves. It's pride.

Jail is too vague of a term

If you mean like the county yeah I'm taking that over being homeless, but if you talking about the yard then I'm taking the homeless option any day depending on what type of yard it is

Last edited:
Yall jail dudes want your buttonholes tickled.

The more I think about it, being homeless is opening up the easy path to me being a full-fledged conman :lol:

In these scenarios only time I'm choosing jail/prison is for those threads offering copious amounts of money.
Homeless, if it doesn't work out I'll get myself put in jail.
That's a compromised exception. If you start off homeless and it's not working out for you chances are you'll be stinky enough that nobody is gonna want your booty in jail but will happen is when your stinking *** keeps wanting to be stink them dude will beat the **** out of your or shank you till you clean yourself up.

Last edited:
Where did the concept that everyone in jail does homosexual activity?

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom