Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

Matt Hardy vs Christian in 2022 is lmaooo. Christian can still go, but Matt Hardy’s body has been toast since maybe 2013.

A&W is in an interesting spot now. The workrate is good, but the storylines and booking have been downright bad. Company was extremely reliant on the big pops they'd get from WWE guys debuting in A&W. That pipeline has now dried up. They haven't been able to increase their viewership. Tons of wrestlers just treading water.

Now the guy a lot of those former WWE folks were upset with is gone. And the guy that played a big role in making most of them household names via NXT is now in charge.

Of the former WWE folks, who is As "over" or more "over" NOW than they were when they first debuted?

It seems like they folks get these grand ovations when they arrive and AEW has hardly kept that same momentum with any of them.

I can't think of a single person that HASN'T just dropped off after debuting.

Keith Lee
Toni Storm
Ruby Riott
Andre
AListar Black

Who?

Peep Game Peep Game

FZMoXeAWYAIfGhX

:lol: @ How much photoshopping took place for Jericho

Of the former WWE folks, who is As "over" or more "over" NOW than they were when they first debuted?

It seems like they folks get these grand ovations when they arrive and AEW has hardly kept that same momentum with any of them.

Keith Lee
Toni Storm
Ruby Riott
Andre
AListar Black

Who?

Peep Game Peep Game
What’s my guy RuRu up to these days?

What’s my guy RuRu up to these days?

Yea, I would give it to him.

Before he took time off he was put in a good spot to look like a beast.

WWE wasn't doing anything with him. BUt even with him, it took AEW a WHILE before getting things right with Rusev.

Yea, I would give it to him.

Before he took time off he was put in a good spot to look like a beast.

WWE wasn't doing anything with him. BUt even with him, it took AEW a WHILE before getting things right with Rusev.
His original A&W gimmick was criminal :lol:

Vince goofed on not fully going in when Rusev Day was at its peak. That’s easily the most over he’s ever been anywhere.

His current gimmick in A&W is good. SHOULD be at the top of the card.

His original A&W gimmick was criminal :lol:

Vince goofed on not fully going in when Rusev Day was at its peak. That’s easily the most over he’s ever been anywhere.

His current gimmick in A&W is good. SHOULD be at the top of the card.

The pajamas killed me man. :lol:

Yea, he should be at the top of the card for sure man. But I know that doesn't align with TK's plans.

Keith Lee
Toni Storm
Ruby Riott
Andre
AListar Black

Who?

Peep Game Peep Game
Dropped off from what?

Dropped off in terms of

Hype/Buzz/Folks Talking About Them/Folks CARING about them
Malakai Black hasn’t fallen off he’s clearly been protected he’s my favorite wrestler so I’d like to see him do more but I don’t sure how he’s been booked poorly

Andrade and Keith Lee can do more but every one can’t get to the top at once

Ruby and Toni are exactly where they should be I’m not sure where they dropped off from

Malakai Black hasn’t fallen off he’s clearly been protected he’s my favorite wrestler so I’d like to see him do more but I don’t sure how he’s been booked poorly

Andrade and Keith Lee can do more but every one can’t get to the top at once

Ruby and Toni are exactly where they should be I’m not sure where they dropped off from

1. Never said Black is being booked poorly. I simply said he isn't where folks in AEW-land said/felt he would be. (Which you agreed with)

2. So you agree with these 2 having fallen off since their debuts. Cool.

3. Where do you recall people projecting Ruby and Toni to be this far in their stint? Couldn't possibly be where they currently are.

1. Never said Black is being booked poorly. I simply said he isn't where folks in AEW-land said/felt he would be. (Which you agreed with)

2. So you agree with these 2 having fallen off since their debuts. Cool.

3. Where do you recall people projecting Ruby and Toni to be this far in their stint? Couldn't possibly be where they currently are.
1. No. I expected him to be about where he is heavily protected in singles matches but not in the main event scene. Also his gimmick and presentation don’t make chasing titles necessary. Seems reasonable to me.

2. I said they could be doing more not that they’ve fallen off. I just see Andrade as underutilized in general. But So you expect everyone to be at the top of the card at once? It’s impossible when you’ve brought in that much talent.Keith lee is the tag champ with a developing storyline

3. I don’t know what this is supposed to mean lol. I don’t judge a company based on the internets projections. I personally don’t see a compelling case for either one being booked higher on the card then they are

EYE am glad to see the WWE-ites have stood up for themselves this past week. WWE-ites vs. AEW-ites is looking like a GOODT battle royal

Yeah I get the difference in approaches and business philosophies. I understand WWE booking I’ve been watching wrestling all of my life. it just doesn’t appeal to me.

I’m sure the WWE style will always be popular. It doesn’t make it better. There is more than one way to run a wrestling company. AEW is proof of that. they don’t need to change to be more palatable to the masses. IMO that wasn’t it’s purpose to begin with.

Keith Lee was nose to nose with Brock Lesner 3 years ago.

Standing alongside a dude named Swerve is nowhere near that level.
lol for one segment. I’m not a Swerve guy but over is over.

Your favorite wrestlers? I’m a RVD and Malakai Black guy who was buying ECW tapes to watch eliminators tag team matches i feel like what Drew us into wrestling was completely different

2. I said they could be doing more not that they’ve fallen off. I just see Andrade as underutilized in general. But So you expect everyone to be at the top of the card at once? It’s impossible when you’ve brought in that much talent.Keith lee is the tag champ with a developing storyline

Nah, Of course I don't EXPECT everyone to be allowed to be at the top of the card at once. But asking Keith Lee to be in the UPPER midcard building himself up to be in the main event picture down the road isn't asking for too much.

They have just dropped the ball completely with Andre. No point in even bringing his name up.

Back
Top Bottom