Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

whos the fat loser in the front row with the jim cornette shirt that looks like hes ready to storm the capital again?

Yep. Looking back. It doesn't look as bad as I've remembered. But man this was great television.

Always liked that minimalist grimy feel of those old Raws. They need to scale back present day sets, especially with them having those massive trons but not actually having real titantron videos for anyone.

Always liked that minimalist grimy feel of those old Raws. They need to scale back present day sets, especially with them having those massive trons but not actually having real titantron videos for anyone.

I really miss those tron videos now that you mention it

90% of people just have After Effects presets as their tron now

Jushin Thunder Liger
Keiji Mutoh (Great Muta)

Was raised on late 80s NWA / Early 90s WCW.
Southern Wrestling, not Sports Entertainment.
I prefer that my wrestling is SERIOUS and has a "Sports Based Presentation."

Sure there were goofy things sprinkled throughout that era but it wasn't the goofball style that Vince put out there.

Favorite Eras of Pro Wrestling

Mid 90s NJPW (Especially the Jr's)
97-98 WCW (Especially the Cruiserweights)
99-00 ECW
NXT (Up until the Gargano Super Indy Style Era started)
NJPW 2014-2019

So contrary to what you assume, most of the things I've been a fan of have been heavy on workrate. It wasn't until falling in love with NXT did I start to really appreciate STORY. (NXT = Best combination of serious story + serious wrestling)

So that is why just putting, "Good matches" in front of me doesn't satisfy me because I have been watching "good matches" for 3 decades.

Now, I want my wrestling to make logical sense from a storyline perspective COMBINED with solid wrestling. (Not a bunch of moves/dives)
Who is your favorite wrestler from each of those eras?

"The last survivor of the Stu Hart dungeon.... The Super J-Cup Lionheart" will come out for next week's Dynamite.
Thoughts on this green rhino123 green rhino123

Bret & Natalya kind of tell a different story...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/229293-the-hart-family-dungeon-enter-if-you-dare

That Jim Neidhart was the last person actually trained by Stu Hart but that others
trained in The Dungeon afterward...all the way up to Tyson Kidd, Natalya and others, so...

733A799F-23DE-4555-BFCA-DAA10D40724D.gif

Can’t tell if she really has some cheekage back there or if her shorts are playing optical tricks..Need more references..

Back
Top Bottom