Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

I don't like gimmick matches done just for the hell of it.

For the most part, I would like to see gimmick matches being used as an ending to a feud.

I think TK often uses the "random gimmick match" button as if it were a video game.

Darby has only had 3 coffin matches but I see your overall point. Don’t you think some of it is born from an overall upping of the ante business wide? For instance a Hell in a cell ppv

Also they don’t use the monthly PPV model I think the continual naming of Dynamites is dumb but “special matches” have to be done somewhere in lieu of a monthly PPV

What the about they 2 out of 3 falls match on Wednesday?

Last edited:
Darby has only had 3 coffin matches but I see your overall point. Don’t you think some of it is born from an overall upping of the ante business wide? For instance a Hell in a cell ppv

Also they don’t use the monthly PPV model I think the continual naming of Dynamites is dumb but “special matches” have to be done somewhere in lieu of a monthly PPV

What the about they 2 out of 3 falls match on Wednesday?

1. The Undertaker had 15 coffin matches for his roughly 30 year career.

Darby Allin has already had 3 coffin matches in his First 3 years with AEW.

I don't think mentioning that really helps refute my point of gimmick matches just happening too much.

2. Yes, "hot shotting" really became the culture during the Monday Night Wars. Tony is just staying true to what the business has done over the last 2 decades. I can't blame him but I also think people can break trends if they truly wanted to.

3. To me, not doing monthly PPVs puts MORE importance ON the actual PPV Events. I think saving some of those gimmick matches strictly for PPVs wouldn't upset fans. If anything I think they would appreciate them more. My issue is they go to the well TOO OFTEN with the special matches so much that they can't even be called special matches.

4. I hate that WWE made an entire PPV called Hell in The Hell. Having multiple Cell matches just removes the mystique of the actual match type.

1. The Undertaker had 15 coffin matches for his roughly 30 year career.

Darby Allin has already had 3 coffin matches in his First 3 years with AEW.

I don't think mentioning that really helps refute my point of gimmick matches just happening too much.

2. Yes, "hot shotting" really became the culture during the Monday Night Wars. Tony is just staying true to what the business has done over the last 2 decades. I can't blame him but I also think people can break trends if they truly wanted to.

3. To me, not doing monthly PPVs puts MORE importance ON the actual PPV Events. I think saving some of those gimmick matches strictly for PPVs wouldn't upset fans. If anything I think they would appreciate them more. My issue is they go to the well TOO OFTEN with the special matches so much that they can't even be called special matches.

4. I hate that WWE made an entire PPV called Hell in The Hell. Having multiple Cell matches just removes the mystique of the actual match type.

If having one match a year is too much I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t think the Coffin match itself is overexposed at all.

I do agree that gimmick matches in general are overused. Especially the street fight/ barbed wire variety.

I’m good with the coffin matches and 2 out 3 falls tho.

1.gif

If having one match a year is too much I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t think the Coffin match itself is overexposed at all.

I do agree that gimmick matches in general are overused. Especially the street fight/ barbed wire variety.

I’m good with the coffin matches and 2 out 3 falls tho.

Yea I definitely think a coffin match per year is too much.

And honestly, what makes Darby qualified to have this access to all these coffins,?

Is it because that's the name of his move?

I could see if he was a goofy mortician or something.

I could've sworn Sherri Martel was on the cover of a wwf game. Maybe it was a Photoshop i saw.

Back
Top Bottom