Wrestling Thread 4/30-5/6 | 5/3 Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Results Posted! p84

I read Jericho's books and for the life of me I can't remember him saying anything about Superstar Graham..But obviously he did..

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Vince is crazy to think he can put together a successful WWE Network.....Oprah can't even do it...

s-OPRAH-large.jpg

Oprah is reportedly facing some steep financial headwinds as she tries to turn her struggling cable network around.

The woes that have befallen the Oprah Winfrey Network are by now the stuff of legend: the low ratings. The staff losses. The high-profile bombs like "The Rosie Show." Appearing on CBS News in April, Oprah herself seemed to sum up the dispiriting atmosphere at OWN.

"If I were writing a book about it, I might call the book '101 Mistakes,'" she said.

One of those mistakes might be the apparently vast sums of money that OWN has bled through since its inception. Bloomberg Businessweek reported last week that the network may have lost a whopping $330 million since it began in 2008. An analyst told the magazine that it was the most "successful failure in television today."

While Oprah does not have a personal financial stake in the company, it is still undoubtedly a black eye for her.

However, there may be some bright news on the horizon. The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday that ratings for the network have ticked up recently. Part of that is due to "Oprah's Next Chapter," the new show that has seen Oprah nab major exclusives, like her sit-down with Whitney Houston's family. (The success of that show bolsters critics who said that Oprah's relative absence from OWN during its first year was a major error.)

Moreover, the network will get millions of dollars in new revenues from cable operators.

Pretty sure more people will be more interested in wrestling than what Oprah has to say
grin.gif

Jericho basically listed ex-wrestlers who had come out and given their opinions about the Benoit death and said something about them being 'each more disillusioned than the last.' I think he also implied they were trying to get publicity out of it.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Vince is crazy to think he can put together a successful WWE Network.....Oprah can't even do it...

s-OPRAH-large.jpg

Oprah is reportedly facing some steep financial headwinds as she tries to turn her struggling cable network around.

The woes that have befallen the Oprah Winfrey Network are by now the stuff of legend: the low ratings. The staff losses. The high-profile bombs like "The Rosie Show." Appearing on CBS News in April, Oprah herself seemed to sum up the dispiriting atmosphere at OWN.

"If I were writing a book about it, I might call the book '101 Mistakes,'" she said.

One of those mistakes might be the apparently vast sums of money that OWN has bled through since its inception. Bloomberg Businessweek reported last week that the network may have lost a whopping $330 million since it began in 2008. An analyst told the magazine that it was the most "successful failure in television today."

While Oprah does not have a personal financial stake in the company, it is still undoubtedly a black eye for her.

However, there may be some bright news on the horizon. The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday that ratings for the network have ticked up recently. Part of that is due to "Oprah's Next Chapter," the new show that has seen Oprah nab major exclusives, like her sit-down with Whitney Houston's family. (The success of that show bolsters critics who said that Oprah's relative absence from OWN during its first year was a major error.)

Moreover, the network will get millions of dollars in new revenues from cable operators.

Pretty sure more people will be more interested in wrestling than what Oprah has to say
grin.gif

You can't be serious.
laugh.gif

Oprah is one of the most prominent, influential people in the world. All she had to do was mention a book on her show and it became an instant bestseller.

She has a larger and more diverse fanbase compared to WWE's and has succeeded at virtually everything she has done, yet failed miserably at launching her own network.

Based on tidbits about WWE's effort to launch WWE Network they will probably suffer the same or worse setbacks as Oprah. They currently have no infrastructure for the network and no cable/satellite companies willing to carry the channel. All of this doesn't bode well for the success of the network; I hope I'm wrong though because the notion of a 24/7 wrestling channel would be great.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Hopefully multiple F-5s on Bieber will open WM29.

Mayweather
pimp.gif

Bieber
pimp.gif

Triple H
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

All the best in the world at what they do.

Any Sunny fans in here? What do you know about the feel when you realize D. Bry used the D.E.N.N.I.S. system on AJ?

Demonstrate Value - "I care for and have appreciation for AJ." "The feelings mutual." "I am a role model."
Engage Physically - all them kisses, "Daniel Bryan is a great lover." "Sometimes, at night we spoon!" "I really enjoy cuddling."
Nurture Dependence - "I will never let him hurt you again."
Neglect Emotionally - AJ goes in for a kiss after "He's going to make that big Irish oaf tap out" D-Bry moves away. "The dress looked better on the mannequin."
Inspire Hope - "Are you hitting on AJ? Even though I broke up with her, and clearly don't want her back." "AJ, if you really love me, you would leave this ring right now."
Separate Entirely - "I wish you were never born."

Mind = Blown.

roll.gif
eek.gif

Well played champ.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom