Wrestling Thread April-September 2018 RIP

I'm ready to get to NOLA..It's a shame Julio won't be down there with us..
Dr.-Cox-Waves-Goodbye-In-A-Wheelchair-On-Scrubs.gif

Daniel Bryan's In-Ring Return Has Led To A Surge In WWE WrestleMania 34 Ticket Sales

After the announcement last week of the return of Daniel Bryan, tickets for Mania [sic] were very strong when it came to late sales so his return is money. At press time there were about 700 tickets left, almost all on the floor, with the cheapest price being $337.

Though he is hailed as an everyman and an underdog who does not fit into WWE's corporate agenda, Bryan's genuine connection with his fans is both unrivaled and highly marketable. It is also impossible to manufacture as evidenced by WWE's years-long attempts to christen Roman Reigns—who has become one of WWE's biggest stars if not its most polarizing—as its unquestioned top babyface star.

Quantifying how much the main event storyline contributes to WrestleMania's business is a fool's errand since WWE's biggest pay-per-view of the year has become a powerful brand capable of selling many of its tickets before the first match is even announced. But when Bryan first main evented WrestleMania, as part of an unprecedented art-imitating-life storyline that was brought about by an unrelenting, grassroots revolt, it became the 5th-highest attendedWrestleMania at the time with an announced attendance of 75,167 attendees to go along with $10.9 million in revenue.

The event also coincided with the launch of the WWE Network, however, which debuted with a disappointing subscriber count of 667,000—well short of the projected one million subscribers—that played a part in WWE's stock plummeting 50%.

But four years later, WWE finds itself in an entirely different climate where the worldwide leader is closing in on a potentially massive television-rights deal that could further the momentum of its now record-setting stock price. Daniel Bryan's first match in three years serves as a cherry on top of WWE's good-fortune sundae which now includes megastar Ronda Rousey as a semi-regular performer.

I know that is their home base, but got damn, put it somewhere warm.

I still think it is dumb to even CONSIDER doing it in MINN

I look at WrestleMania like I do the SuperBowl. It only needs to be held in warm weather cities regardless if they have a domed stadium. Look at how cold it was in Minneapolis for the super bowl. They just need to rotate between cities in warm weather IMO

Back
Top Bottom