Wrestling Thread April-September 2018 RIP

Pollock and Wai discussed this the other day on the podcast but what do y’all think of Mania being a 2 day event? Is it feasible? Night one you could do Nak-AJ and Rhonda tag match. Night two you could have Reigns and Lesnar and Bryan tag match. WrestleMania is a week long thing now so why not?

I could see Mania being a festival style event in the future, but you'd have to do it in much smaller buildings..No way they're selling out a football stadium with the event being split up into 2 days..

this isnt for the harcore wrestling crowd. we already know a lot regarding Andre

True..But this isn't a 30 for 30 or a Network special..This is an HBO documentary, so you'd expect it to be much more in depth..

Where the Taker rumors at :nerd::nerd:

funny-gifs-Undertaker-style.gif

I could see Mania being a festival style event in the future, but you'd have to do it in much smaller buildings..No way they're selling out a football stadium with the event being split up into 2 days..

isnt it already a 2 day event with nxt takeover and mania itself?
as deep as the roster is, not sure how many more matches you can put on

That was their only concern so I agree with that.

It’s definitely a lot, but what would you cut out? Roster is extremely deep. Making it a 2-day event is really the only thing I can think of.

Do NXT on Friday night. Do the HOF some other time of the year.

isnt it already a 2 day event with nxt takeover and mania itself?
as deep as the roster is, not sure how many more matches you can put on

We're talking about Mania, not NXT..

If they split it up they'd have to add matches..

It’s definitely a lot, but what would you cut out? Roster is extremely deep. Making it a 2-day event is really the only thing I can think of.

HOF could be done at either RR or SummerSlam..That'd help add to those events' interest..

We're talking about Mania, not NXT..

If they split it up they'd have to add matches..
They could’ve easily done more matches in lieu of the battle royals. You could also keep the HOF on Friday, and then just put the Takeover matches on the Mania card itself.

I don’t see how they can manage all them shows if they split WM up. Just keep IT one day.

You could totally do something like this and add a match or two to each day

Night 1
1. US title fatal 4 way
2. André Battle Royal
3. Alexa v Nia
4. Taker v Cena
5. SD Triple threat tag
6. Ronda & Angle v HHH & Steph
7. Styles v Nak
8. Almas v Black
9. Ember Moon v Shayna Baszler
10. Gargano v Ciampa

Night 2
1. Bar v Braun
2. Women’s Battle Royal
3. Cedric v Mustafa
4. Charlotte v Asuka
5. IC triple threat
6. DBry & Shane v KO & Sami
7. Reigns v Lesnar
8. NXT North American Championship Ladder Match
9. NXT Tag Team Championship
10. Insert match here

Last edited:
You could totally do something like this and add a match or two to each day

Night 1
1. US title fatal 4 way
2. André Battle Royal
3. Alexa v Nia
4. Taker v Cena
5. SD Triple threat tag
6. Ronda & Angle v HHH & Steph
7. Styles v Nak

Night 2
1. Bar v Braun
2. Women’s Battle Royal
3. Cedric v Mustafa
4. Charlotte v Asuka
5. IC triple threat
6. DBry & Shane v KO & Sami
7. Reigns v Lesnar
I actually really like the idea of putting the Takeover matches on the main card as well. Would get more eyes on the product.

I actually really like the idea of putting the Takeover matches on the main card as well. Would get more eyes on the product.

Yeah I think that would be a great idea. Each card could have anywhere between 8-10 matches and you can put NXT matches on each night. I guess the only downside to this is that they probably wouldn’t sell out a stadium two nights in a row and Vince probably doesn’t wanna go back to an arena for a show of this magnitude.

Yeah I think that would be a great idea. Each card could have anywhere between 8-10 matches and you can put NXT matches on each night. I guess the only downside to this is that they probably wouldn’t sell out a stadium two nights in a row and Vince probably doesn’t wanna go back to an arena for a show of this magnitude.
They could definitely sell out a baseball stadium 2 nights in a row though. Maybe that’s the move. And keep it in warm weather cities.

Back
Top Bottom