Wrestling Thread April-September 2018 RIP

So hulKKK basically said you can be racist. Just make sure you’re not being recorded and be careful of being around cameras when you are being racist is what I got from that :stoneface:

I mean, really tho. how is this not what he said?

Dame Dash recently said he thinks its a bad idea or bad parenting to co-sign your daughter to date a rapper and he explains why.
What Hogan said is different in some ways but the same in another.

Not that anyone cares but let me say this about Hogan:

He was the man when I got into wrestling so he was my favorite.

His first mistake, though, was going so hard on the "prayers and vitamins" gimmick when he was gassed to the gills.
Then he lied about all of it.

Then he had his reality show - where he creeped me that **** out with how he treated his daughter and the way he
pushed her as a sex symbol. (we're talking ric flair/charlotte steez or worse)

Then these racist remarks that none of us have even heard but I do believe were made.

Like...I stopped really idol worshiping him so long ago & for so many reasons none of this stuff specifically has
a major impact on me.

Last thing - When Vince was representing Snuka at the Police station after the murder...Vince supposed said the following:

"I'm in the garbage business. That's what I do. Nothing you say will surprise me." (in reaction to the police trying to bully him)
- the cops were supposedly taken aback by this, but why????

I appreciate this...not even gonna sit here and pretend I don't understand the sentiment he was expressing. it still shows his thought process and perspective.

to me, his words indicate that by default when he sees a certain skin color, he does not see a person, but a subhuman animal unworthy of basic respect.

so yeah, ima go ahead and not with this dude. that's just cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 tho.

lack of strength did not restrict his move set
like it restricts all these dudes these days that couldn't do it even if they tried (and juiced) - hogan was big and strong to begin with

this dude drew mac look like hogan with no juice - and i bet drew mac cycled recently before his return to the wwe

What move set?

Sorry not impressed by someone that can just body slam people and leg drop, was always more impressed with savage

he sees a certain skin color, he does not see a person, but a subhuman animal unworthy of basic respect.

that white devil ish that is so prevalent on nt is the same ish
and i know you know that

whites messin' with that narrative are like white uncle toms
therefore, going by those statements, your stance on hogan makes sense

What move set?

Sorry not impressed by someone that can just body slam people and leg drop, was always more impressed with savage

I did not claim Hogan could "just body slam people and leg drop."
And I was also impressed by Randy Savage's in-ring acumen. I have stated here before that he was ahead of his time with tempo & pace.
Macho tried to never have a dull or wasted moment...I am all too aware...

...but Macho wasn't my favorite in large part to his gimmick of constantly threatening spousal abuse...even as a kid that disturbed me...and he also could not do all the power moves i like to see

So hulKKK basically said you can be racist. Just make sure you’re not being recorded and be careful of being around cameras when you are being racist is what I got from that :stoneface:

Exactly what I read myself. He was focus on not getting caught. Thats why Vince wants everyone in character, cant break kayfabe. This is sad I thought at least a real apology.

This confirms he still doesn't feel bad for what he said but for getting caught doing so.SMH **** that guy.

that white devil ish that is so prevalent on nt is the same ish
and i know you know that

whites messin' with that narrative are like white uncle toms
therefore, going by those statements, your stance on hogan makes sense

if we're gonna get real, I agree with you. without getting into a whole oppressor v oppressed deal, some of that **** goes way too far. I don't see how it flies, honestly.

end of the day we're all the same damn species, and ANY attitudes that run counter to that are toxic in my belief.

I did not claim Hogan could "just body slam people and leg drop."
And I was also impressed by Randy Savage's in-ring acumen. I have stated here before that he was ahead of his time with tempo & pace.
Macho tried to never have a dull or wasted moment...I am all too aware...

...but Macho wasn't my favorite in large part to his gimmick of constantly threatening spousal abuse...even as a kid that disturbed me...and he also could not do all the power moves i like to see

I didn't say you said that, it was just my opinion on Hulk
I never cared if savage was a favorite, I never went with the popular opinion when I was a kid

Can’t believe lashley finisher is a stupid suplex. Never saw his older stuff. Was this always his finisher? Wasn’t it a spear before?

After thinking about the HH situation I have to say that I still don’t know how to feel about it..

I don't really have feelings about his reinstatement one way or the other...not happy about it or upset about it

Mostly because I knew it would happen eventually

I just try my best to separate the actor from the role that they're playing, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to support any professional wrestling promotion from any era without thinking of myself as a hypocrite

Like...Mel Gibson is a virulent antisemite, but I still really enjoy Mad Max

001_rondarousey1--562fefb36728cde1fd6ed7c577e0aa83.jpg
001_rondarousey1--562fefb36728cde1fd6ed7c577e0aa83.jpg

Didn’t make him good in ring tho.

It proves his power was less restricted than others who could not.
Therefore, in that category - yes, he was better...in that one skill. A very important skill in pro wrestling.
But like I said - that is just one example of something he was good at.

Back
Top Bottom