Wrestling Thread June 1st-4th/Post Extreme Rules Discussion

AcceptableHardAnaconda.gif

No way in hell should Miz/Dean ever get 20 minutes, but their personalities drug that match to more than passable than anything

Miz got himself over now any match he is in he can draw HEAT and keep people invested.

Which is why I have no problem with him winning the title back, and also should have been Nakamura's first opponent instead of Ziggler. Should have sent Ziggler to Raw to get choked by Samoa Joe :lol:

His first feature Sami shows up cuz I think they were going to train and he tells him to hold up, he was trying to finish the Millenium Falcon or something. Zayn laughs, and then realizes he was actually building the Millenium Falcon, he then shrugged and sat watching him build it lol.

He also had posted a short IG vid where when he finally got his brace off after the shoulder surgery he asked the rehab guys if he could move shoulder enough to start building Legos haha. Dude is just a giant kid, which I really love about him. 

How can I hate someone that dedicated to legos? All is lost…

What's with the Bayley hate?

Mind boggling

Which is why I have no problem with him winning the title back, and also should have been Nakamura's first opponent instead of Ziggler. Should have sent Ziggler to Raw to get choked by Samoa Joe :lol:
Yeah man I really don't get why they moved Miz. I am always down to see ZiggLer take an L. But ZiggLer is beating AJ clean and getting in 90% offense in against Nak which is mind boggling.

Yeah man I really don't get why they moved Miz. I am always down to see ZiggLer take an L. But ZiggLer is beating AJ clean and getting in 90% offense in against Nak which is mind boggling.
Apparently Ziggler screwed up the finish. AJ's foot was supposed to be on the rope while Ziggler was pinning him, but he pulled him too much from it.

Watched the main event late last night..I thought it was a really good match..All 5 guys were booked solid..

Ziggler should've been a main eventer after Survivor Series 2014, but they stuck him in one of the worst feuds ever with Rusev that really killed him

What's with the Bayley hate?
A few people have stated some legit reasons but most are bandwagon haters. You know NTWT doesn't like anyone. At least not for long. :lol:
No way in hell should Miz/Dean ever get 20 minutes, but their personalities drug that match to more than passable than anything

And I'm still :rofl: at Alexa practically squashing Bayley. When she hit that DDT, I assumed there would be some dramatic kickout, but NOOOOOPE, straight pin :lol: They lucked into Daniel Bryan, now they're trying to force that same style that needs to come organically, just like they lucked into Trish, and failed trying to find another Trish all those years.
This whole feus Alexa has punked Bayley, from their initial promo to the terrible this is your life type segment. Then to get washed that severely...View media item 2455997I'm damn near ready to give up on Bayley, they gonna turn her into the female Dolph ziggLer.
Ziggles is awful. Jobber status. 
Yup.
Yeah I agree with this. Between his start/stop pushes and rehashed material promos I am completely indifferent to a wrestler I once rooted for.

Not at all.

He is a world-class talent man.

WWE failed dude. They dropped the Dolph Ziggler ball.

He is a jobber because they convinced us that he was a jobber

Is it too late to change Dolph's gimmick and make him a more serious wrestler?

Seems like they've been talking up his amateur background more and more lately..So, maybe, they can give him an entirely new outfit, cut/change his hair, and possibly let him start using his real name..

Not at all.

He is a world-class talent man.

WWE failed dude. They dropped the Dolph Ziggler ball.

He is a jobber because they convinced us that he was a jobber
Do I think he has the look and athleticism, sure do. But the gimmicks are rehashed, unless that is his "thing", in which case that is kind of meh. 

I imagine Vinny-mac would say he failed to grab that "brass ring" he loves so much, but I think the roster just lost him in the shuffle and that was that. Since then he is a few rungs above enhancement talent. I have really not enjoyed any of the stuff the dude does, and truth be told, when he popped up as himself and not the spirit squad, all I could think about was Billy Gunn 2.0, to me that was kind of that. 

I don't even wanna get into what they did with him and Swags. 

Is it too late to change Dolph's gimmick and make him a more serious wrestler?

Seems like they've been talking up his amateur background more and more lately..So, maybe, they can give him an entirely new outfit, cut/change his hair, and possibly let him start using his real name..
:lol: Classic Case

I would say no. But he has had so many stop-and-go's that I am not sure how the fans will ever take him as a serious dude.

What would you suggest?

@BigEgo24

All of what you said, except I have NEVER enjoyed Bayley, character or in ring. She caters to the Cena type fan, and I am certainly not one of those. Never have been, never will. She has more than 4 moves of doom, but in the end it is just too saccharine sweet for me and her TRYING to be a BA and ask for the kendo stick match. Naw, I am good.

:lol: Classic Case

I would say no. But he has had so many stop-and-go's that I am not sure how the fans will ever take him as a serious dude.

What would you suggest?

I think the only viable option is to do a total 180 on what he currently is..

They gotta dump the flashy ring gear and AlpineStars motocross boots..

The hair has got to quit being bleached..

Restart him in matches with local jobbers to get over his new "shooter" style gimmick..Then bring him up to main roster jobbers..

I don't want to see him with the WHC, but he could definitely be used as a solid upper mid-card guy and have runs with the US/IC title..Hell they could even throw him in with American Alpha and form a shooter stable that wins the titles (kinda like a more serious Freebirds or New Day)..

Back
Top Bottom