Wrestling Thread Mar 15-21 | 3/21 TNA Destination X - Styles vs Abyss | Angle vs Anderson

Originally Posted by theDEEK

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

THE ref prematurely getting ready for the eye spray

roll.gif
HA I thought i was the only one who witnessed that, you can har the ref making kinda yelling before even getting sprayed.. SMH EPICFAIL

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

tna news
Spoiler [+]
A commercial running today on Spike promoting tonight's episode of iMPACT!is advertising a match where two TNA Superstars will put their careers on the line.

Funny that the loser of the match will be the actual winner here.

After some thought, I can honestly say there is plenty of good to be taken got out the ppv last night. Sting, RVD, Pope, (Hardy, Homicide and whoever is going to play the Suicide character too if you're into them as well) and Joe were all missing last night.

To me that says they are no where near their ceiling as far as potential in the company goes. Regardless of how bad SOME parts of the ppv were (The band/young Nash, the main event, Brutus/Terry) You can't sit back and say the ladder match sucked, you can't say the ultimate X match sucked, Angle/Anderson is continuing to develop well regardless if you like Anderson or not, knockouts match was great for a womens match, Hernandz/Morgan is developing well with Morgan catching heat, and Williams did a good job as developing himself as top heel in the X division.

!+!+ the haters. I still see potential.

While WWE still has Survivor Serieslisted on its 2010 pay-per-view calendar, a Variety article concerning WWE pay-per-view business says WWE will be "re-tooling" the longtime concept this year due to "eroding sales."Regarding the changes in store for the Survivor Series, Michelle Wilson, who oversees WWE pay-per-view business, told Variety, "If something gets tired or old, it's something we have to look at. It's just like any entertainment property. It's crucial to continue to reinvent yourself. WWE fans will tell you right away if they like it or don't like it and if it's something they don't want, we don't do it again."

-- A Tennessee Street Fight between CM Punk and Rey Mysterio is advertised for the SmackDown live event on 5/1 in Knoxville, Tennessee. Also advertised is a match between Edge and Chris Jericho.

While WWE still has Survivor Serieslisted on its 2010 pay-per-view calendar, a Variety article concerning WWE pay-per-view business says WWE will be "re-tooling" the longtime concept this year due to "eroding sales."Regarding the changes in store for the Survivor Series, Michelle Wilson, who oversees WWE pay-per-view business, told Variety, "If something gets tired or old, it's something we have to look at. It's just like any entertainment property. It's crucial to continue to reinvent yourself. WWE fans will tell you right away if they like it or don't like it and if it's something they don't want, we don't do it again."

-- A Tennessee Street Fight between CM Punk and Rey Mysterio is advertised for the SmackDown live event on 5/1 in Knoxville, Tennessee. Also advertised is a match between Edge and Chris Jericho.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

After some thought, I can honestly say there is plenty of good to be taken got out the ppv last night. Sting, RVD, Pope, (Hardy, Homicide and whoever is going to play the Suicide character too if you're into them as well) and Joe were all missing last night.

To me that says they are no where near their ceiling as far as potential in the company goes. Regardless of how bad SOME parts of the ppv were (The band/young Nash, the main event, Brutus/Terry) You can't sit back and say the ladder match sucked, you can't say the ultimate X match sucked, Angle/Anderson is continuing to develop well regardless if you like Anderson or not, knockouts match was great for a womens match, Hernandz/Morgan is developing well with Morgan catching heat, and Williams did a good job as developing himself as top heel in the X division.

All true. But you don't use PPV to develop potential, aside from the two X Division matches, everything else just seemed like an episode of Impact.

Check this out, pretty funny:

http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=g7ekE99Aifk

Originally Posted by YardFather

All true. But you don't use PPV to develop potential, aside from the two X Division matches, everything else just seemed like an episode of Impact.

Check this out, pretty funny:

http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=g7ekE99Aifk

I still can't believe they ended the PPV with this
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

tna news
Spoiler [+]
A commercial running today on Spike promoting tonight's episode of iMPACT!is advertising a match where two TNA Superstars will put their careers on the line.

Funny that the loser of the match will be the actual winner here.

roll.gif

yea i see what you are saying but a bad ending like that give big haters like 4wrestling , who would hate on tna even if they produced 8 5 star matches on a ppv, more ammo to hate on the product.

i mean i dont think i have ever seen a more horrific ending of a ppv than what i saw last night...

you are obviously not gonna change a wwe marks attitude but putting on that type of crap  only justifies the hate....

The talent of TNA was always in the X division and the tag teams that KNOW how to wrestle. By taking the Independent wrestlers that work their butt off and mixing them with veterans who have more than a PS2 wrestling set TNA was able to generate interest when "THEIR HOUSE SHOWS WERE LIKE RENTING 3 MOVIES", with Lynn going BANANAS against Styles and Low-Ki. The X division should be the staple of the franchise as wrestlers like Styles, Petey Williams (wherever he is), Consecuences Creed know how to wrestle. Their promos might not be amazing but their WRESTLING is as good as any top level talent WWE has. The problem in my opinion, is handing the reigns to someone like Hogan, who believes that he is wrestling. I have no doubt that he can work the business inside out, but it has become clear that his ego gets in the way of possibly making a real alternative to WWE. If, like he said when he appeared in TNA for the first time, he really meant getting the right guys in the back up to the top, then he has no business bringing in wrestlers out of shape, living of past history. By removing the 6 sided ring he showed that its all about HIM, not about TNA.
While its true that TNA needs better promos, where Hogan used to excel at, why not show those guys who have the raw talent how to work the crowds and help the mediocre wrestlers develop their personality (lord knows his 3 move set got him thru at least 10 years of wrestling). Sooner or later Hogans body will betray him and he will end up with a serious injury (added to the ones he already has).
I continue to state that TNA should offer the keys of this car to Paul Heyman. That man knew how to promote young wrestlers, give veterans that last push to stardom and the most important aspect: HEAR THE FANS!!!.
Imagine what he could do with the MCMG, BEER Money, The beautiful people and such. In a company that allows the savage hardcore style he could bring the REAL ECW back and help put over the Danielss, the Wolfe's, the Dineros's. But I digress

Now im going to put my flamesuit on... and bring the rain NT!!
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom