Wrestling Thread Mar 16-22 | 3/20 Smackdown - 500TH SHOW - HBK vs Kane, Undertaker vs JBL

I have a pretty crazy idea about what JBL could make history doing. He will defend his Intercontinental Championship, then either somehow buy a spot in MITB orbuy the MITB from the winner and then cash it in later that night on the Undertaker to beat his streak. I know that MITB is supposed to be cashed in for achampionship, but would this even be possible? And then what if he still lost...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I have a pretty crazy idea about what JBL could make history doing. He will defend his Intercontinental Championship, then either somehow buy a spot in MITB or buy the MITB from the winner and then cash it in later that night on the Undertaker to beat his streak. I know that MITB is supposed to be cashed in for a championship, but would this even be possible? And then what if he still lost...
roll.gif

i think i'm the only one that kinda respects him. sure hes horrible in the ring and should stay retired andprobably do somethin about his man **** buthe's been jobbing for the better of the company quite often since hes returned. i think he does what's best for the company imo unlike someone else*ahemmm sooo i kinda respect the fact he jobs and does whats best for the company ...well sortaaa
laugh.gif
he's also a solid heel ON the mic and can get a lot of heat

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Internally, no one has any confidence that Wrestlemania will do a buyrate anywhere close to the past two events. Most company officials predict the show doing somewhere in the 500k range, which would be the lowest since WrestleMania XIX in 2003.

If the "25th Anniversary of WrestleMania" experiences the same percentage drop as the Royal Rumble did (23 percent), the number would be around 800,000 buys. However, it would cost the company approximately $4,000,000 as compared to last year, and will more than likely lead to more cost-cutting measures from the company. So much of the company's financials are tied into the revenue that WrestleMania produces, so a number of jobs are on the line with this year's event.

WWE will be releasing their 1st quarter report featuring the numbers from WrestleMania in May, so that's when you can probably expect another storm of company layoffs to hit providing things don't turn around creatively within the next few weeks.
If that is true that company officials are predicting 500,000 buys, that is absolutely pathetic for the WWE. For the 25th anniversary of yourbiggest show of the year to draw that poorly is a direct reflection of how piss poor your product is right now. It's not the economy. Like it said, ifthe drop correlated with the drop for The Royal Rumble, they would be looking at 800,000 buys which is at least respectable. But 500,000 means that peoplejust aren't interested in the product. I'll tell you, I am interested in HBK vs Taker, but not enough to shell out $50. And there is not anothermatch on the card I am even remoted inclined to pay to see. Both title matches are extremely boring to me. The MITB match is crap. Hardy vs Hardy iswhatever to me. Jericho vs The Legends is a total disappointment. Where is the big name for this year's show? If the WWE wants to know why the PPVbusiness is so bad right now, maybe Vince needs to look in the mirror. But we know that isn't going to happen.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

That Edge-Big Show-Vickie segment at the end was
smh.gif
and
roll.gif

It really was. It was like you were watching a b-grade comedy act. Not an angle that should be leading to the main event for the biggest show of the year.

Just finished up SD and that last segment was horrible, who really beleives that anyone would want to be the lover of Vickie and now she says whoever winsthe match has her heart as well as the title
sick.gif
and why did they doHHH and Koslov again? dvr ff button FTW through that
pimp.gif
, and they shouldput the US Title on someone who actually has the time to defend it like Kendrick or Truth. Shelton, MVP, and Hardy seem like they are the only 3 to touch thatbelt the last few years
eyes.gif
And being the 500th episode why didn't they show any clips of the past 499 to celebrate the history of SD, instead they showed John Cena's 12 Roundscharacter for the 5873 and 5874th time, and opening up the show with the break in which they already od' on Raw this past week?
smh.gif

^^^^^I agree....

wwe was gonna bring a goth stable to feud with undertaker but 2 of them were released..

wrestlemania is gonna be horrible, the leaked storylines killed it..

Spoiler [+]
The hardy Vs Hardy match will now be extreme rules, so that may be interesting now

btw, is it me, or are they tryin to make cm punk like rvd

Spoilers didn't kill Wrestlemania. They could have 5646467 godly matches on the card but the build has been pathetic.

I just can't imagine things getting better in the WWE anytime soon. To me, these are the things that are killing the WWE:

1) Vince McMahon's schizophrenia. Until Vince can step back and put down definitive long-term plans and storylines, things will not get better in the WWE.
2) Vince McMahon needs to stop worrying about "Internet leaks." Even in today's age of everyone having Internet access, I'd say probably onlyabout 20% of the WWE fans really get "insider" news online. Constantly trying to swerve the smarts leads to illogical storylines that only hurt thecommon fan's interest in the product.
3) A kid friendly product. I understand the young demographic is important, but the WWE had no problem drawing kids during the attitude era. The push to a"kid friendly" product really has confused me because I don't see the benefit. All it serves to do is push away adult fans like myself.
4) New stars MUST be established. HBK, The Undertaker, and HHH aren't going to be around forever. Sure, they have Cena for probably at least 10 more years,but the WWE has done an awful job of grooming young talent into main eventers. Why was Big Show put in this year's main event? He will draw a total of ZEROextra buys, and he's not going to win the title. You could have put a young talent like MVP or Mr. Kennedy into the main event to try and move them to thenext level.
5) HHH's ego must be removed. I never wish injury on anyone, but until he is gone, he will never let anyone take his spotlight.
6) Stephanie McMahon must go away. Like father like daughter I guess. Here egotism is unbelievable. When she was on TV, she appeared to be more of a badassthan Randy Orton. He was scared of her. Shouldn't it be the other way around? She might as well call herself Stone Cold Stephanie McMahon.
7) Revamp the announce teams. I know this is a small thing, but Michael Cole needs to go, and honestly, it may be Lawler's time as well. Both are awful.Put JR back on Raw. Move Striker to Smackdown. And give another person a shot on ECW just like they did for Striker. That didn't turn out so bad, did it?
glasses.gif
Remove or unify some of the titles. The titles are meaningless. We do NOT need two women's titles. At least they are moving in the right direction byunifying the tag team belts.
9) Get rid of the separate brands. Yeah, we've been saying this one forever, but think of how many more interesting programs you could have instead ofseeing the same matches at every PPV.

So that's the list for now just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's at least 100 more things the WWE could do to get things going in the rightdirection.

Wow. It really feels like we are building up towards No Mercy rather than Wrestlemania at this point. HBK v. Taker is the ONLY PPV quality match on the card.

- Orton jobbing to Triple H, has been done a dozen times already... oh wait I forgot, this time IT'S PERSONAL, oh ok. Nevermind.
eyes.gif

- MITB will be interesting only to see who wins it (I'm not giving up on Shelton taking it), not because of the potential for some crazy spots.

- JBL v. Rey Mysterio = Pass

- Miz/Morrison v. Colons; I am actually looking forward to this as well, I especially like that they split the Bellas apart for one cheering for each team. Myonly flaw with this match is the teams have already wrestled each other 37 times. But all four are good in-ring workers and there is a legitimate feel of arivialy that will fianlly be settled at Wrestlemania. Wow, the one fued they put a decent spin on, and it is for the tag titles.

- John Cena, Edge, Big Show, uh did Vicky forget that John Cena was in the match as well? So if he wins will he have her heart? (I didn't see SmackDown! soI don't know if that was addressed).

- If I was Chris Jericho, I would be soooooo heated right now it's not even funny. The most consistant performer over the past year has a glorified gimmickmatch on the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania? Joke. Even if he goes over the legends (which he won't), or, even though it's not official that he willface the three legends, we get swerved and Austin is somehow pulled in, there is nothing that can "Save Him" from being relevant on the card at all(see what I did there
laugh.gif
)

- Another sad issue... I am actually LOOKING FORWARD to the 25 Diva battle royal. I'm interested to see who they bring out from the past, and if Mae Youngdoesn't win I'll be shocked. If you are putting in EXTRA WORK to contact past Divas rather than focusing on your TITLE MATCHES that is just pathetic.

- As for Jack Swagger, man they really did my dude dirty. One sub-par match with an over the hill Finlay costs him a Wrestlemania Spot? Has Vince not seen hispast matches with Matt Hardy/Christian? Probably not seeing as he seems to hate Christian too. Swagger has the capability of performing on live TV, hell he hasshown it. Him vs. Evan Bourne to open Wrestlemania would've been a good way to start the night. Sorry Jack, you didn't make Hornswaggle look strong youhave to suffer.

RANT OVER.

Oh yeah, with March Madness in full effect. I'm going to embark on a campaign for Gus Johnson to replace Michael Cole.

EDIT:
4w. Totally agree with your list, the only thing I want to comment on is, the PG-Rated issue. People are way too sensitive during this day in age. We have toremember the fact that the Attitude era took place BEFORE the infamous Super Bowl halftime show and things like that. Honestly, could you imagine the backlashWWE would get if some mom walked into a segment of Val Venis getting his pee pee choppy choppy? Or the Undertaker bout to sacrifice Stephanie McMahon or SCSA.And a lot of this is not really WWE's fault. Hell, I gurantee Muhammad Hassan would still be relevant today if those "London Bombings" did nottake place the same day SmackDown! aired (even though it was taped DAYS earlier) with Hassan's masked henchmen taking UT hostage with Piano wire....Controversial yes, but that segment was My Little Pony compared to some of the stuff that happened during the Attitude era. Those days are gone and sadly thisis the reality of the times we live in now.

Not to say that WWE can't STILL produce entertaining fueds and storylines, just look at Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus, or Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels. Theyjust need to work extra hard now, which is something that nobody seems to be up for. That's just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Oh yeah, with March Madness in full effect. I'm going to embark on a campaign for Gus Johnson to replace Michael Cole.

OMG... this would be the greatest thing to ever happen to the WWE.

Cole has been the worst on air commentator in WWE history imo. How does he still have a job when many people in the company are getting the ax? There arenuemerous reports on the dirts that he recieves alot of internal heat. Its time for him to embark on his future endevers.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

"RANDY ORTON WITH THE RKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

It's pretty bad that I don't even care for the Hardy's match when I'm a big fan of the two of them. This PPV sucks. Hopefully the draft mixesthings up and it gets interesting again.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

"RANDY ORTON WITH THE RKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

It's pretty bad that I don't even care for the Hardy's match when I'm a big fan of the two of them. This PPV sucks. Hopefully the draft mixes things up and it gets interesting again.
Raw will be good, but they will kobe Smackdown.

9) Get rid of the separate brands. Yeah, we've been saying this one forever, but think of how many more interesting programs you could have instead of seeing the same matches at every PPV.
u mean like name one show wcw and the other wwe? a few years back they were talkin about doing this..

heres another one to your list..

10. Have PPVs once every other month...like the old days
u build the feud/storylines up more

i wonder if Triple Ego drove a hummer only cause it says H3 on it...or so i think it says H3 or H2 i forgot

and the big show needs to end his stupid finisher of a "knock out" punch its stupid and weak.

9) Get rid of the separate brands. Yeah, we've been saying this one forever, but think of how many more interesting programs you could have instead of seeing the same matches at every PPV.
u mean like name one show wcw and the other wwe? a few years back they were talkin about doing this..

Every wrestler should be able to go on any show and there should only be 1 belt (not counting ECW) It would make the lower belts a hell of a lotmore meaningful.

No, I mean get rid of the separate "brands" like Raw, Smackdown, and ECW. Half the guys wrestle on random shows anyway. Just make it asingle roster than can appear on any show.

Here's the reason only 6 PPVs a year won't work.
1) Back in the day, you only had one real show a week, so it took extra time to build angles. Now you have 5+ hours of WWE a week, so things would get drawnout if you had 8 weeks between PPVs.
2) PPVs are one of the WWE's biggest sources of revenue, so they aren't going away.

However, the WWE should go to 12 PPVs instead of the current 14 (they just scaled back from 15). I would go as far to say as only have 11 PPVs and get rid ofBacklash so you can have solid build directly from The Rumble to WrestleMania. Having fewer PPVs that have more meaningful matches and payoffs would probablydraw more total buys than having more PPVs with matches and angles that people don't care about.

No, I mean get rid of the separate "brands" like Raw, Smackdown, and ECW. Half the guys wrestle on random shows anyway. Just make it a single roster than can appear on any show.

1) Back in the day, you only had one real show a week, so it took extra time to build angles. Now you have 5+ hours of WWE a week, so things would get drawn out if you had 8 weeks between PPVs.
2) PPVs are one of the WWE's biggest sources of revenue, so they aren't going away.

However, the WWE should go to 12 PPVs instead of the current 14 (they just scaled back from 15). I would go as far to say as only have 11 PPVs and get rid of Backlash so you can have solid build directly from The Rumble to WrestleMania. Having fewer PPVs that have more meaningful matches and payoffs would probably draw more total buys than having more PPVs with matches and angles that people don't care about.

I honestly believe if they eliminated brands, we would be guaranteed at least 1 hour of HGH every single week. I couldn't take that $$+@.

Oh yeah... does anyone know where I can find a full mp3 of Edge's theme?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

No, I mean get rid of the separate "brands" like Raw, Smackdown, and ECW. Half the guys wrestle on random shows anyway. Just make it a single roster than can appear on any show.

1) Back in the day, you only had one real show a week, so it took extra time to build angles. Now you have 5+ hours of WWE a week, so things would get drawn out if you had 8 weeks between PPVs.

However, the WWE should go to 12 PPVs instead of the current 14 (they just scaled back from 15). I would go as far to say as only have 11 PPVs and get rid of Backlash so you can have solid build directly from The Rumble to WrestleMania. Having fewer PPVs that have more meaningful matches and payoffs would probably draw more total buys than having more PPVs with matches and angles that people don't care about.

I honestly believe if they eliminated brands, we would be guaranteed at least 1 hour of HGH every single week. I couldn't take that $$+@.

Oh yeah... does anyone know where I can find a full mp3 of Edge's theme?
pimp.gif
Search Edge's theme...its Metallingus by Alter Bridge
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom