Wrestling Thread Mar 8-14 | 3/12 Smackdown - Must See Mysterio/Punk Angle

RVD debuts with a quick win ans STING turns heel I SAY TNA WON LAST NIGHT 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

I'm not hating on TNA,
I'm just saying it was just a hard decision, putting two guys making big comebacks (RVD and Sting) in a "match", and trying to decide which one would go over the other one, know what I mean?

Seems like they're really mishandling the Pope angle, like why does Wolfe need to get involved?

The way TNA just drops storylines makes no sense sometimes, examples: Kurt and AJ, Team 3D and every face, Amazing Red period...
Your complaining that Pope is still finishing his feud w/ wolfe until his match build up for Lockdown starts and at the same time complaining about TNA dropping storylines?
eyes.gif

Oops, you're right, haha. I keep forgetting that his shot is at lockdown, not destination x, my fault.

I still stand by what I said though. So AJ's supposed to defend at Destination X against Abyss, then that angle will just end so they can start Pope's?

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

khali... mark henry

i think it'd be safe to say that these two won't be at WM..
maybe the legacy handicap match will have some kind of stip involving their fathers?

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

#1 Pope's title shot is at LOCKDOWN not Destination X, they said that from the jump of the tournament and when pope won, and every time they talk about POPE.
indifferent.gif

#2 How the hell was RVD's debut ruined? Dude comes in to TNA w/ newly heel sting beating him down, did you hear the crowd? They were going crazy at sting for beating he was giving RVD, the impact zone hasnt been that pissed since the switch to the 4 sided ring. Common sense would say RVD feuds w/ sting to get revenge.
eyes.gif

#3 Dudes on here gonna hate on TNA regardless of whats on it, but they have putting on good shows for the last month or so and thats coming from someone rocking "hogan killed TNA" in my sig
My bad about the Lockdown/Destination X thing, you're right. I still didn't like Pope coming out there after the Wolfe thing but w/e. But why have a tournament in which the winner gets his shot in the PPV after the next? You're basically telling the viewers that Styles is gonna beat Abyss since they're not gonna do face vs. face.

I'm sorry but RVD's debut was lackluster. He's a big name and shouldn't have been put in a stupid 8 second squash match with Sting in his first appearance with the company. Then he gets his %+% beat for 10 minutes while Hogan just has to pop up and stick his face in the camera amongst all the security and refs. Just a cluster #!*% of a segment. They could have gone about it a better way, that's all I'm saying. They were trying to do too much. 

If it was flipped and RVD debuted on RAW and beat HHH in an 8 second match then got buried for that long, we (myself included) ALL would have complained.
laugh.gif
It's no different here.

As I said before, I liked what they did with Sting. They swerved everyone and I liked that he was basically quiet the whole time, didn't cut a promo or anything. Even him putting his hands on Dixie was a nice touch. But having all these debuts and returns and swerves and all this @%%* takes away from each other since it's a lot to take in from one show. Space some of it out and they each have more "impact", pardon the pun. I think TNA would benefit a lot from having another show. The Hogan era has brought in a lot of guys. They have the X Division, which barely gets showcased these days. They have the women's division which consistently gets good viewing ratings and is 100x better than the WWE's. You have all this talent with all these belts and such little air time each week. Another one or two hour show each week would be great for them. I think we'd see an improvement in storylines and the overall pace if they were to do that.

Far from a hater, my dude. I want TNA to succeed since competition brings out the best from each side and the fans end up winning. TNA has the pieces in place to get it done but they still have a long way to go though.
Where were you in Dec - Jan when Angle v Styles was basically a face v face feud, AJ didnt turn heel until their 4th match or so. Plus edge won the royal rumble in in jan but doesnt get his title shot until april w/ a PPV in between, same situation, how can you not see that?. Lockdown is one of TNA's big PPV's so they are treating it like one including months of build up.

As for RVD's debut, I'll say it again HE BEAT STING and got put in an instant feud w/ a legend of a wrestler who can still have a decent match. Not only that they gave the people a reason to want to see the rematch. As for your complaining about sting beating down everyone and hogan showing up, the whole segment was designed to get sting over as a heel and it worked brilliantly. The Impact Zone will boo the hell out of sting from now on, RVD will get cheered even more. So whats the problem?

I think a lot of these complaints about TNA are coming from people conditioned to WWE types of programing. TNA is not WWE w/ different wrestlers, its a totally different type of show. I have always liked the fact that TNA is a fast paced show w/ a "if you blink you miss something" type of format. I hope they dont change that in the name of getting more of WWE's fanbase.

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

I found out a long time ago it's pointless having a discussion with NobleKane since he's gonna say the same $+#* regardless. Dude was clueless as hell about what was going on, I've probably watched more TNA than him in the last month.
laugh.gif

I love it when the "hater" card gets pulled out.

Apparently, Chris Jericho agrees with me...

WWE World Hvt. champion Chris Jericho wascritical of how TNA booked Rob Van Dam's TNA debut on last night'sImpact in a comment posted on Twitter this morning.

"The beat down of RVD 20 seconds into his debut in TNA was mindboggling," Jericho said. "I don't understand how so many talentedpeople can be so clueless."

Recapping what happened on Impact, Sting was booked against a mysteryopponent, which turned into RVD. RVD then beat Sting in a matter ofseconds, but Sting delivered an extended post-match beat down untilHulk Hogan made the save.

But I'm guessing he's a hater too.
grin.gif

Yes jericho is a hater, dude is still pissed that eric bischoff said he didnt think he was a main eventer. What about when jericho said he couldnt main event in TNA because he wasnt 50+? Name a 50+ year old who got a pin last night? I'm starting to think people wouldnt have been happy unless RVD debuted by winning the belt from AJ styles.

Jericho is a "hater" because he was mishandled in WCW under Bischoff's reign there.
He's predicting that the same thing will happen in TNA under Bischoff: having all the vets reign supreme while the young wrestlers don't get a push.

Personally I would've been happy if RVD debuted in an X Division match. I understand why the angle with Sting was done, but, eh.

I loved that Sting vs Ric Flair match from Great American Bash 1990 and it was for the NWA Heavyweight Title but it was the 2nd best match of 1990 because the 1990 match of the year was at Wrestlemania VI between Hulk Hogan in his prime vs The Ultimate Warrior 

happy.gif

Although I believe TNA has too much going on, if they slow things down, they would have a really good show.

that hbk taker new stipulation got me thinking that someone willl interfeer.......paul bearer helping hbk?

I still think Bret Hart is more involved in this wrestlemania than a lot people think.

They laid the foundation down early in the beginning with Shawn and the hitman and that was all in the middle of asking Vince for the match against the Taker.

I have a gut feeling this match will end the show with Bret Interfering somehow on HBK. I think Shawn wants to be done with the business. He has comeback three times now due to vince and HHH asking him to compete which is why he is usually off from the end wrestlemania to The weeks before summerslam so he can be with his family and regroup a little.

He has hinted a lot this year that he is interested in retiring.

I think we could see the end of HBK at wrestlemania with Taker being just behind him.

Will the Undertaker even be able to wrestle a no DQ match the same length the as Wrestlemania match last year???

Should be interesting to see how it goes especially with their schedules being cut back after mania.

my gripes with TNA

-Hogan & *****off hog up way too much air time
-BS/ no explanation for certain things(break up of World Elite, MEM, Dudley, Rhyno & Neil faction, Lethal Invitational)
-a lot of talent that was a big part of TNA before have not been used since H&B came aboard (Lethal, Creed, Homicide, Alyissa Flash)
-not taking advantage of high flying & fast paced action of the X-division. I think there should be a 2 X-division match minimum every iMPACT
-entrance themes sucks
-Hogan's buddies need to go (Nasty Boys, Bubba)

Originally Posted by hellaones

my gripes with TNA

-BS/ no explanation for certain things(break up of World Elite, MEM, Dudley, Rhyno & Neil faction, Lethal Invitational)
-a lot of talent that was a big part of TNA before have not been used since H&B came aboard (Lethal, Creed, Homicide, Alyissa Flash)
-not taking advantage of high flying & fast paced action of the X-division. I think there should be a 2 X-division match minimum every iMPACT
-entrance themes sucks
The Beautiful People 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

TNA just throws theme music together. They really do suck when it comes to themes.

Originally Posted by hellaones

my gripes with TNA

-entrance themes sucks
Agreed on everything except Bischoff, I really like his on air persona so far 

Back
Top Bottom