Wrestling Thread Nov 7-13 | 11/13 TNA Turning Point - Roode vs Styles, Jarrett vs Hardy

You're really doing a disservice to yourself if you haven't seen this program ran by Lawler and Memphis wrestling in '85. Jerry Lawler is, without question, one of the greatest performers to ever�step into a ring (and his "Uncle Jerry" WWE persona does no justice to that). This man is a GOD in Memphis for a reason. I really hope some of you watch these videos and just to see how it should be done and how it was done in the territory era. GREAT build to a great match:

A loudmouthed jerk as a heel who cheats to get ahead vs. a strong (but at times, vulnerable) babyface who wants his belt back. No corny jokes, no unnecessary nonsense. Everything revolves around getting that championship belt because it mattered to the wrestlers and it was important in the eyes of the fans. It's a tried and true concept that has seemed to have lost it's way nowadays.

Larangitis was a decent performer though, but Steve Williams made those matches 5 stars.....
Kerry and Flair in his prime where great match's considering the circumstances and the fact that they were built into the storyline.

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

Didn't know much about The Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Interim General Manager of RAW's pre-WWE days but just ran across this.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What a freaking goober.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

Skip to 6:12
I absolutely hate these Johnny Ace/Dynamic Dudes references that they do MULTIPLE times every single week.  99.9999% of the WWE audience has zero idea what they are talking about. If you want to do it one time so the boys in the back can get a laugh, fine, but over and over and over is just stupid.

FYI for anyone getting WWE 12, Amazon is giving a $10 credit for pre-ordering the game.

We should compile a list of everyone getting the game and their PSN/Gamertag so that we can add each other.

Originally Posted by toine2983

FYI for anyone getting WWE 12, Amazon is giving a $10 credit for pre-ordering the game.

We should compile a list of everyone getting the game and their PSN/Gamertag so that we can add each other.

Put me down.

GL Rayner

Having already pre-ordered MW3 and Skyrim...WWE 12 is low on the list for me right now. I'll probably get it around Christmas time, or whenever Rock becomes regular DLC.

Bought 3 games at Target. I'm planning on trading in one of my games for it. Will have it on release day.

Pissed.  WWE had their quarterly investors call today and I missed it (not that I invest in them).  I'm going to try and listen to it on-demand later tonight.
np2vcm.jpg

psn - nikeallday

if no one wants to compile a list, let me know, i'll do it.
i'm a beast on microsoft excel.
devil.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Having already pre-ordered MW3 and Skyrim...WWE 12 is low on the list for me right now. I'll probably get it around Christmas time, or whenever Rock becomes regular DLC.

mw3 and skyrim?
that's it?

i'm going broke with all the games coming out this fall it's ridiculous.
dead island, mw3, assassins creed 2, skyrim, arkham city, uncharted 3, wwe '12, ico/shadow of the colossus collection.

with the NTWE/WWE '12 merger, COD, and all of these single player titles i might have to apologize to wifey in advance for not spending any time with her till around end of January.

Its gotta be on Ps3 huh? Too many games this time around. WWE12 will probably be a dec buy for me. I am playing Madden and Batman ARkham City and still need to play Uncharted 3 and Assassin's creed.

PSN: LanZeR23.
I might be playing MW3 mostly but I will get on WWE 12' when I have the time.

I would not be surprised to see John Laurinitis in a match in the future. He still looks like he can take bumps.

Back
Top Bottom