Wrestling Thread Sep 15-Oct 5 | October 5th, 1982 A Wrestling/NT/Cat Legend Was Born

New NXT signed talent..Zahra Schreiber..

tumblr_mz0zhdKU3H1rbppffo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Is anyone on here a VIP member of the PWT or subscribe to MLW? If so is it worth the money?
Not paying for something when there is so much free PODCAST content on the internet already. Those are my boys but I can't.

Man, did anybody know that Minoru Suzuki motion-captured the King characters in Tekken? I didn't know that. And if you didn't know, King is loosely based on Tiger Mask's gimmick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_(Tekken)

Gameplay[edit]
Being a professional wrestler with lucha libre influences, King has many powerful throws at his disposal, and has a lot of strong counterattacks.[8] King is notable for his chains throws, which he's had since Tekken 2, when he was one of the very few characters to have them. He also utilizes duck throws, ground throws and air throws, uncommon for characters in the Tekken series.

As of Tekken 5, King seems to have drawn more wrestler-inspired moves into his repertoire, especially from superstars employed by the world-famous World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). For example, he has a stunner used by Stone Cold Steve Austin and a version of the The Rock's People's Elbow and Rock Bottom. Additionally, King has been able to perform the Sharpshooter used by Bret Hart and the Tombstone Piledriver used by The Undertaker and Kane since Tekken 2. One of his victory poses has him side-stepping in a manner characteristic of the original Tiger Mask. King is also seen in the opening FMV of Tekken 5 performing a tiger feint after being thrown across the wrestling ring by Craig Marduk, in order to prevent a collision to the outside of the ring. The maneuver is currently a trademark move of Rey Mysterio, although the original Tiger Mask pioneered its use during matches with the Dynamite Kid in the early 1980s. Other moves he uses include the Frankensteiner and Steiner Screwdriver made famous by Scott Steiner and Kenta Kobashi's Burning Hammer. Finally, King's Muscle Buster pays homage to Suguru Kinniku's "Kinniku Buster",[3] which is also a finishing move of wrestler Samoa Joe.

Yeah that's why King is one of my favorite characters from the series. Him & Armor King :pimp:

Yea I remember doing FrankenSteiners with him on the Original Tekken.

There are a lot of wrestling related characters in Video Games. Who remembers this dude

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og4xjq0x2n4

Wolf from Virtua Fighter too.

Zangief from Street Fighter

El Fuego/Fuerte(sp, I forget the actual name) also from Virtua Fighter(I think?)

Haggar from Final Fight used alot of wrestling moves

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom