Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

SvNTbBe.jpg

Corey Graves is not only knowledgeable about the sport and its legacy, but provides more than competent commentary, adds his own little flavor of Bobby the Brain to the table, and does a nice job spotlighting the athletes too without going into full "yaknow, Elias was telling me this oddly specific story about one of his bracelets today...*is repeatedly cut off by action*"

also, he is a darn snappy dresser.

I would dig a Graves/Mauro/Saxton team...Graves licking shots at Byron while providing color commentary, the world-renowned combat sports announcer on play-by-play (was a nice little treat to hear him during the Mayweather fight, he had a few gems I was too drunk to remember), Byron being a legitmate adult John Cena fan, orange wristbands under his suit and all. very sporting, very entertaining.

this is the kind of chain wrestling sequence you so often see in high profile federations, they trade counters and standing switches before Crimson Pin catches Black Boots out of position during the exchange.

I see him looking to roll through to continue the ground grappling, when he gets caught using his shoulders as a base and Red traps him up for three. guy never saw it coming either, struggled and kicked out just a hair too late.

it's an example of how any exchange can be the end of a match where pinfall is the goal.

I like this, you don't think of Drew Gulak when you think of agile guys, but rolling under a leapfrog into a mousetrap pin is an outstanding exhibition of his timing, athleticism, creativity and overall ability.

I've long been an appreciator of his style (at least in the ring, the guy doesn't wear kneepads) and hear he passes through the Wrestle Factory as a guest trainer from time to time, hopefully I can get some time with him.
I would dig a Graves/Mauro/Saxton team...Graves licking shots at Byron while providing color commentary, the world-renowned combat sports announcer on play-by-play (was a nice little treat to hear him during the Mayweather fight, he had a few gems I was too drunk to remember), Byron being a legitmate adult John Cena fan, orange wristbands under his suit and all. very sporting, very entertaining.

this is the kind of chain wrestling sequence you so often see in high profile federations, they trade counters and standing switches before Crimson Pin catches Black Boots out of position during the exchange.

I see him looking to roll through to continue the ground grappling, when he gets caught using his shoulders as a base and Red traps him up for three. guy never saw it coming either, struggled and kicked out just a hair too late.

it's an example of how any exchange can be the end of a match where pinfall is the goal.

I like this, you don't think of Drew Gulak when you think of agile guys, but rolling under a leapfrog into a mousetrap pin is an outstanding exhibition of his timing, athleticism, creativity and overall ability.

I've long been an appreciator of his style (at least in the ring, the guy doesn't wear kneepads) and hear he passes through the Wrestle Factory as a guest trainer from time to time, hopefully I can get some time with him.
Great read. 8)

This is huge yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nthat:

Take the time to watch this match while its still up because it is hard to find!!!!

Andre The Giant vs Killer Khan in The Famous Mongolian Stretcher Match!!!!!!! :wow:

one of my favorites...this was right near the end of andre's greatness when he could still go!!!

enjoy! :nthat: (i think this upload is still slightly edited tho/dont think vince did the og commentary)

discuss!

Case Case
@dcallamerican
@furiousstylezz

Loved it..I think you're right in saying this was the time when Andre's skills start to diminish..Khan wasn't a small guy and he just looks so undersized compared Andre..Post more stuff like this Rhino..

If he did go to GFW, you'd change your tune with the quickness

Bet you already think Josh Matthews is better than Graves
not a mark for a company like you are son

i tell it like it is

quit working for vince dog he aint paying you

Back
Top Bottom