X-Men:First Class Thread (First leaked Pic)

Originally Posted by misterHalfCabs

Originally Posted by gentry187

Just came back from the movie. My question is how come proffessor X was old in the wolverine movie but could walk and in this one he's the young proffessor but is already in wheels? Also when you tie that in with the special appearance cameo from the movie it doesn't make sense.

this.

Answer: The movies don't tie. There is no continuity.

Just came back from the movie. My question is how come proffessor X was old in the wolverine movie but could walk and in this one he's the young proffessor but is already in wheels? Also when you tie that in with the special appearance cameo from the movie it doesn't make sense.

this.

Movie was hot garbage...

I'm an x-men fan...

The baconator!??! He aint no inner circle %%#%%...

The joker suit...
laugh.gif

Trash...

I was real hyped for this movie too....
Who said this was better than TDK?!?! 
indifferent.gif

Movie was hot garbage...

I'm an x-men fan...

The baconator!??! He aint no inner circle %%#%%...

The joker suit...
laugh.gif

Trash...

I was real hyped for this movie too....
Who said this was better than TDK?!?! 
indifferent.gif

I'm still mad hugh jackman is wolverine...

Wolverine is supposed to be some short 4'11" stumpy ****** that is always hunched over because his adamantium bones are too heavy...

Hugh jackman is about 4 feet taller than what wolverine is supposed to be...
laugh.gif

I'm still mad hugh jackman is wolverine...

Wolverine is supposed to be some short 4'11" stumpy ****** that is always hunched over because his adamantium bones are too heavy...

Hugh jackman is about 4 feet taller than what wolverine is supposed to be...
laugh.gif

Professor X was in the Wolverine movie?  I don't remember him at all.

The movie was really good, exceeded my expectations.

Would definitely recommend it.

The movie was really good, exceeded my expectations.

Would definitely recommend it.

In retrospect, with all the talks after X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men Last Stand about a Magneto spin-off, this technically should have been entitled Magneto. Everything in the film revolves around him. The screenwriters just integrated the arc regarding the Cuban missile crisis so that the "X-Men" would have some stake in the story, which I felt was very weak. The "X-Men" were useless IMO. The only characters worth noting other than Charles and Erik were Raven, Beast and probably Moira (who essentially was a poorly developed "mutant sympathizer"). The purpose of the other mutants were to help fill the second act and the fight scenes in the Climax which I didn't like at all.
The fact that you empathize with Magneto's character the most makes it even more obvious that this should have been solely his film. The studio probably thought that something entitled Magneto wouldn't bring people in the theaters than X-Men would. Still, I think that if they structured it right, they could have just had Charles and Erik's origin in this film and then a sequel with a true character development for recruited mutants.
In the end, even though they completely desecrated the X-Men mythos, it was an entertaining film, and the underlying messages weren't too blatant.

In retrospect, with all the talks after X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men Last Stand about a Magneto spin-off, this technically should have been entitled Magneto. Everything in the film revolves around him. The screenwriters just integrated the arc regarding the Cuban missile crisis so that the "X-Men" would have some stake in the story, which I felt was very weak. The "X-Men" were useless IMO. The only characters worth noting other than Charles and Erik were Raven, Beast and probably Moira (who essentially was a poorly developed "mutant sympathizer"). The purpose of the other mutants were to help fill the second act and the fight scenes in the Climax which I didn't like at all.
The fact that you empathize with Magneto's character the most makes it even more obvious that this should have been solely his film. The studio probably thought that something entitled Magneto wouldn't bring people in the theaters than X-Men would. Still, I think that if they structured it right, they could have just had Charles and Erik's origin in this film and then a sequel with a true character development for recruited mutants.
In the end, even though they completely desecrated the X-Men mythos, it was an entertaining film, and the underlying messages weren't too blatant.

Originally Posted by shogun

He was at the end telepathically telling Scott and the mutant captives where to go and was outside.  And just a side note, I know comic continuity is out the window, but I thought Charles and Erik grew up together and in this movie, they were best friends for only like a week
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

He was at the end telepathically telling Scott and the mutant captives where to go and was outside.  And just a side note, I know comic continuity is out the window, but I thought Charles and Erik grew up together and in this movie, they were best friends for only like a week
laugh.gif

^^^ I know Hugh Jackman is taller, but he was made to play Wolverine ... some of the best casting and dead on looks is

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
Patrick Stewart as Professor X these are both dead on

^^^ I know Hugh Jackman is taller, but he was made to play Wolverine ... some of the best casting and dead on looks is

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
Patrick Stewart as Professor X these are both dead on

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

That sounds about right, I read somewhere that since they scrapped the Magneto origins they took a lot of elements from that script and used it for First Class.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

That sounds about right, I read somewhere that since they scrapped the Magneto origins they took a lot of elements from that script and used it for First Class.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

this.

If there was no continuity between the two films then why put him in that scene?

this.

If there was no continuity between the two films then why put him in that scene?

this.

If there was no continuity between Wolverine & First Class then why put him in that scene?
Just for fun and as an easter egg. 

this.

If there was no continuity between Wolverine & First Class then why put him in that scene?
Just for fun and as an easter egg. 

^^^Nah. Didn't work for me. If that was the case they should of used someone else to play wolverine. By using the same actor as the previos movies they're making it seem like it ties in together.

Back
Top Bottom