Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Cuphead made me mad last night. Can’t even get passed the first run and gun. :rofl:

Me and my girl tried to run coop and we dam near threw the controllers at the screen........There was alcohol involved as well so that may have been why we sucked

Thanks guys I’m picking up an Xbox one a tomorrow with the forza package Gran Turismo has sucked so bad these last couple of years.

One more question for Xbox do I have to pay for online similar to ps+. How much is it for the year?

Thanks guys I’m picking up an Xbox one a tomorrow with the forza package Gran Turismo has sucked so bad these last couple of years.

One more question for Xbox do I have to pay for online similar to ps+. How much is it for the year?
$60 a year I believe but never pay full price. CDKeys usually has it on discount like the previous two guys suggested. Well worth the $60 if it came down to it though.

First time crashing as the plane started to move. Told my team not to jump out till real late so i can link with them as i rejoin. I rejoined and found 4 others crashed aswell lol

Just started throwin haymakers to get some enjoyment out of it because the crashing pisses me off

Watched a guy win PUBG the other day without having to fire his gun. Mind you, this was his very first time playing PUBG LMAO. I’m sure y’all have heard of DSPGaming/DarkSyde Phil

^ I said the same thing when I first got my XB1, but your storage will fill up quickly. I ran through my first TB and I don't play many games either. If you only do 1TB you may have to delete games here and there, which might not be a big deal for you. But with 4K patches and everything now, I think it's safer to drop the $100 now for 4TB rather than going with 1TB and realizing next year that you need more space.

I’ve got that same 4TB HD. Picked one up for my PS4 Pro as well. It comes in really handy with all the extra patches you download for the One X enhanced games. Pretty sure that thing is already half full actually.

Is it worth upgrading to the S or X? I have a 4K tv with original Xbox one and my power supply is dying.

Is it worth upgrading to the S or X? I have a 4K tv with original Xbox one and my power supply is dying.

My power supply recently went bad and I just paid $50 to have Micorsoft send me a new one.

I think you should wait on the X and just buy a new power supply for $50 unless you really want to upgrade.

I don't think that upgrade for either system is worth it for what they're asking.

If I could get the X for like $300 with trading in my OG Xbox then I would say it's not a bad deal, but for either PS or MS their higher end systems are not absolutely needed... IMO of course.

Thanks for the input guys. Regarding the 4K patches, do those still apply to me even though I'm only on a One S? I already have 5 games installed on 500GB and my storage is ≈80% full so I was thinking 1-2TB is the perfect size. I got my Xbox and 2 games for $150 so spending 2/3 of that on storage alone is off-putting to me :lol:

Thanks for the input guys. Regarding the 4K patches, do those still apply to me even though I'm only on a One S? I already have 5 games installed on 500GB and my storage is ≈80% full so I was thinking 1-2TB is the perfect size. I got my Xbox and 2 games for $150 so spending 2/3 of that on storage alone is off-putting to me :lol:
I hear that :lol:. I believe only the X1X can utilize the 4K patches so you won't have to worry about those. I still think an extra TB will be easy to fill up though.

If anyone is in the market for a headset I highly recommend this setup. I've been using it over the past 2-3 weeks and I love it. Top notch results, and the best part is that it probably won't cost you any more than $90.

Headphones:
Phillips SHP9500 - ~$50-$70
Cheapest at the moment on NewEgg for $50
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA08C3H14853
Peep YouTube for reviews on these. You won't find a bad one, and most will tell you that these are in the same class as alot of $200-$300 pairs.

Microphone:
V-Moda BoomPro - $30
https://tinyurl.com/yaucb8gg (Amazon link)
Pretty much the only mic on the market that serves our purpose. Good thing is it's high quality and highly reviewed. This will connect to the AUX connection on the headphones to essentially turn them into a gaming headset.

I'll throw the details in a spoiler so people who aren't interested don't have to read/scroll :lol:.

Details:
Read anywhere online and it'll tell you that "gaming" headsets are usually overpriced and inferior quality (both sound and build quality) compared to regular over-ear headphones. Also anyone who's ever had a gaming headset will tell you that when they break it's most often due to the wire that connects the mic/headset to the controller. The 9500/BoomPro combo are connected via a detachable 3.5mm (AUX) connection which eliminates that issue. Cheap + high quality + idiot proof = win.

I've used Turtle Beaches since ~2009. After using the 9500/BoomPro setup for a few weeks I prefer the 9500s in every way. The sound quality isn't a huge difference, but it's definitely a noticeable difference. I can hear distance and direction much more accurately on the 9500s than I did on any of my previous Turtle Beach headsets. It's no longer "there's a guy to my right," it's "a guy is about to come through that door to the right". The comfort on them is wild too. I never even took comfort into account before I got these, but now I don't know how I used to play with my Beaches for prolonged periods. The fabric on the 9500s feels silky and they're so lightweight. Beaches feel like a vice grip in comparison.

One thing to note is that they're "open back". This means that technically you will hear sounds around you, and people around you will hear what you hear. But in my experience I have the game volume so loud that I can't hear much else.

All in all this combo is well worth the purchase, even if your budget is much higher. I put one of my boys on and he feels the same way.

Summary:
Cop Phillips SHP9500 headphones
Cop V-Moda BoomPro Mic
Plug the BoomPro into the 9500s via AUX, then plug into your controller
Flourish

Get the highest amount of storage possible if you can afford it IMO.

Even though I'm not playing all the games I have installed currently, ease of access is nice whenever I get the urge to do so.

Back
Top Bottom