XX3 ad campaign to begin Jan. 14th- more info inside...

blco02

Banned
The intro spot, which highlights the performance aspect of the shoe, features a voiceover by Jordan as shots of him and other members of Team Jordan are seenplaying basketball as kids and as pros, including Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul. "It's not about the shoes, it's about what you do inthem," offers Jordan in the spot. "Work before glory. Doing what they say you can't do. Not breaking when they say you are broken."

The three other spots, all of which will run in 30- and 60-second versions, follow similar themes. TV will run on ABC, ESPN, TNT and CBS during high-profilesports events such as the NFL playoffs, the NBA all-star game and playoffs, and the NCAA men's basketball "March Madness."
The campaign, "Become legendary," via Wieden + Kennedy, Portland, Ore., is anchored by four TV spots, the first of which will break Jan. 14. Supportwill include Internet, POP and experiential marketing, but no print.

A funny quote by Tinker :"We pissed off a lot of people at the factory because this wasn't business as usual," said Tinker Hatfield, Nike'svp-innovation design and special projects. "Within six months, you'll see other [basketball shoe] companies following our lead." The AJXX3 uses aminimal amount of adhesives and glues that are considered environmentally unfriendly, instead relying on an innovative system of interlocking panels, whichmeant designing new machines to produce the product.

Here is the official press release from Nike on the XX3's-also, head over to NikeBiz.com for tons of info on the shoe and marketingcampaign- there are pics and a video with MJ, Tinker, and Mark Smith.

BEAVERTON, Ore., Jan 08, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Today, Jordan Brand, a division of NIKE, Inc., announced the launch of the long-awaited, 23rd iteration ofthe world's most respected and innovative basketball shoe franchise, the AIR JORDAN XX3. The AIR JORDAN XX3 celebrates 23 years of a legacy started by themost revered basketball athlete in history...Michael Jordan.

"The AIR JORDAN XX3 is deeply meaningful to me, as a celebration of both my life and career. The number 23 is obviously of great significance to me andthe release of the XX3 is a pinnacle moment in the Brand's history," said Michael Jordan. "I'm honored and humbled by the AIR JORDANfranchise's loyal following after all these years. The release of this shoe is exciting and a dream come true for me."

Michael Jordan and legendary shoe designer, Tinker Hatfield, Nike's Vice President of Innovation Design & Special Projects, collaborated on theinnovative design behind the handcrafted AIR JORDAN XX3 and in the process created the first basketball shoe in Nike history to embrace the Nike Considereddesign ethos, where details in the development and design of the shoe seek to reduce waste and allow for the use of environmentally preferred materialswherever possible--all without compromising athletic performance.

"Our goal was to make the AIR JORDAN XX3 the best basketball shoe ever, both in performance and sustainability. The handcraftsmanship and innovationbuilt into this shoe is simply unmatched," said Hatfield. "By infusing the ultimate in technology, setting a new trend in style and designing a shoewith the environment in mind, we hope these ingredients will cause people to say this is one of their favorite AIR JORDAN's ever."

The first AIR JORDAN was released in 1985 to great acclaim during Michael Jordan's rookie basketball season and instantly became the industry's bestselling basketball shoe. Over the next 22 years, the AIR JORDAN has been one of the world's most recognizable franchises known for its signature Jumpmanlogo, innovative technology in basketball and forward thinking fashion.

The AIR JORDAN XX3 continues the successful tradition by providing fans with a beautiful performance product that is lightweight, low to the ground,breathable, and maximizes comfort. A newly engineered, patent-pending, stitching machine delivers intricate detailing in the upper portion of the shoe. The lowmidsole profile allows players to be as close to the ground as possible and feel the court. Unique design cues such as the imprint of Michael Jordan'sfingerprint serving as the traction pattern on the outsole and his thumbprint on the back of the tongue lining bring to life the man that makes the franchiseso special.

"For twenty-two years, the Jordan Brand has set the standard for athletic luxury and the AIR JORDAN XX3 is no different," explains Howard White,Vice President, Jordan Brand. "We at Jordan Brand continue to push the envelope by incorporating unique design cues created by the most talented people inthe footwear industry while in turn providing our fans with the best basketball shoe inspired by the best basketball player ever. It's the perfectcomplement."

Jordan Brand is set to launch several colorways of the AIR JORDAN XX3. An exclusive limited release will launch on Friday, January 25,2008 with a suggestedretail price of $230. An All-Star release will launch on Saturday, February 16, 2008 and the nationwide launch will be released on Saturday, February 23, 2008both with a suggested retail price of $185. Retailer information can be found at www.Jumpman23.com.

About Jordan Brand

A division of NIKE, Inc., Jordan Brand is a premium brand of footwear, apparel and accessories inspired by the dynamic legacy, vision and direct involvementof Michael Jordan. The Jordan Brand made its debut in 1997 and has grown into a complete collection of performance and lifestyle products for both men andwomen. The Jordan Brand remains active in the community by donating a portion of its proceeds to Jordan Fundamentals, an education grants program forteachers.

For more information on Jordan Brand, visit www.Jumpman23.com.

Thanks for the info...can't wait to see the spots, and better yet wear the shoes...
pimp.gif

So the first true colorway is limited huh? good read by the way..thanks for that..lookin forward to seein the ads..

Seriously, this should be the ad campaign:

Gentry should just turn his back on the camera, pull down his pants and fart as loud as he can into the mic. Then the "XX3" logo should come up.

blco02 - Thank you very much sir.

These are the types of quality posts we need more of in this forum!

Gentry should just turn his back on the camera, pull down his pants and fart as loud as he can into the mic. Then the "XX3" logo should come up.
LOLOL
roll.gif

You're killin me man.

With all of this "environmentally friendly" talk, I wonder how long until conservative pundits and lawmakers rip MJ claiming this is politicallymotivated.

So we are paying even a higher premium because the sweat shops had to build a special machine just to make the XX3 with less glue? Well, I guess it's goodfor the laborers who will have less migraines from getting high off of industrial glue smells.

How about giving back to the entire sneaker community that drives Brand Jordan and Nike? Instead of 23 pairs per store at $230, they should have offered 23,000pairs at $23. Then I might be motivated to buy the overpriced crappy matching gear.

blco02

Excellent Post...this is the first time that I feel like I have the sig shoe booklet before I purchased the shoes.

great post this is the kind of information we needed. ITS ABOUT TIME JB GAVE US SOMETHING.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

roll.gif
thisis too funny!

Originally Posted by fonkee1

So we are paying even a higher premium because the sweat shops had to build a special machine just to make the XX3 with less glue? Well, I guess it's good for the laborers who will have less migraines from getting high off of industrial glue smells.

How about giving back to the entire sneaker community that drives Brand Jordan and Nike? Instead of 23 pairs per store at $230, they should have offered 23,000 pairs at $23. Then I might be motivated to buy the overpriced crappy matching gear.

You are paying high prices because it's the newest Air Jordan, not really because of new machines. Nike can afford new machines. Except for the firstcolor, the XX3 will be $180. This is cheaper than the XVII, which was $200, but used no environmentally friendly design.

Also the "sweatshop" term is always blown out of proportion. Have you seen photos of the places? From what I saw it looks like upscale officebuildings, and nobody's really dying from the glue smell in the air. Industrial woodworkers are more at risk from health problems because of dustinhalation. I didn't mean to break into a sweatshop debate though, I see what you were getting at. The $230 and limited numbers for the blue XX3 ticks meoff more than anything.

Thanks for the info i look forward to these commercials every year... quality post in the jordan forum= priceless lol

Everyone should check out the video at www.nikebiz.com.

Tinker says this shoe takes the longest to make of any basketball shoe ever.

Also stated, quality craftsmanship was the main focus of the XX3. Go figure?

They also show pics of them being manufactured....which I always love.

Back
Top Bottom