....:::: XXL's The 10 Freshmen....VOL. Mid-term Grades ::::..... Update. Wale's 2¢. page8

My in depth response..... Check it out
pimp.gif

http://thekidampgreen.blogspot.com/2009/05/xxls-freshman-10-mid-term-grades.html

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by GG23

i know BoB i just choose not to listen to him because i dont like him, so i put him low
on the other hand, i know of blu (i herd him in therapy with talib kweli, which was hot, but thats about it) and mikey but i havnt herd much from them, they dont make themselves too public
currensy i listen to, like if i hear him on a mixtape or something but i dont follow him, like i dont download every song he comes out with

now the only argument you have is for blu and mikey... and those two people i mentioned, drake and big sean, i hear coming out with new stuff all the time. im not gonna give someone credit if they just dont wanna be noticed. tell me where i can hear of mikey and blu.

and on my wale comment, have you herd anything more lyrical then what on those mixtapes compared to anyone else mentioned. i know hes been kinda slow on the new material but the dudes touring and making himself more known, and the stuff on his previous tapes never gets old. Plus the songs has dropped havnt been slacking

I don't have an argument, I was just pointing out the irony in your statement.

As for Wale and his lyrical prowess, dude is nice, I'm definitely a fan. But to answer your question, yea I've heard work from Blu and Corey that equals and surpasses Wale's best lyrical work. And if you ask me 100 Miles and Running is BY FAR his best mixtape.

ight so still... where do i hear more blu and mikey
i have trouble thinking anyone on that list is lyrically nicer and smoother and more hip hop then wale

bboy1827 wrote:
I dont' understand what yall want Wale to do. He is about to have a major video with lady gaga, and is working on an album. You do realize that most good albums come out during or after the summer. Say always had a later in the year date. How is he not on his grizz? Dropping songs every week would be nice, but now a days if you not droppin like Lil Wayne then you not on your grizzy. I swear modern hip hop fans are so up in the air. "Hip Hop's Dead" "Wayne is hip hop" "wayne is trash, drake is better". And how the heck are ya'll giving drake an A based off of albums? This fool has no album nor has he had a date set. Sure he is droppin mixtapes like no bodies business, but cuzzo just got signed...well is rumored to get signed. IDK why he's even in this discussion because he wasn't on the cover, and I hadn't heard of him until after the cover came out(remember like last Nov). True he was in the same position as Charles hamiliton and Mickey factz to me, but even still, when I saw mickey I knew he was a rapper, when I saw Drake thought he was a singer and it didnt' help the first couple of songs I heard of his he was signing. More importantly he doesn't seem confident enough to be on the big stage, while whether like it or not, all the other dudes seem so ready for the limelight.

[Tupac]Take it eaaassyyyyy[/Tupac]

i know BoB i just choose not to listen to him because i dont like him, so i put him low
on the other hand, i know of blu (i herd him in therapy with talib kweli, which was hot, but thats about it) and mikey but i havnt herd much from them, they dont make themselves too public
currensy i listen to, like if i hear him on a mixtape or something but i dont follow him, like i dont download every song he comes out with

now the only argument you have is for blu and mikey... and those two people i mentioned, drake and big sean, i hear coming out with new stuff all the time. im not gonna give someone credit if they just dont wanna be noticed. tell me where i can hear of mikey and blu.

and on my wale comment, have you herd anything more lyrical then what on those mixtapes compared to anyone else mentioned. i know hes been kinda slow on the new material but the dudes touring and making himself more known, and the stuff on his previous tapes never gets old. Plus the songs has dropped havnt been slacking

I don't have an argument, I was just pointing out the irony in your statement.

As for Wale and his lyrical prowess, dude is nice, I'm definitely a fan. But to answer your question, yea I've heard work from Blu and Corey that equals and surpasses Wale's best lyrical work. And if you ask me 100 Miles and Running is BY FAR his best mixtape.

ight so still... where do i hear more blu and mikey
i have trouble thinking anyone on that list is lyrically nicer and smoother and more hip hop then wale
I'm not up on mikey but you should listen definitely listen to Blu's "Below the Heavens"

Check out this thread. He's not for everybody but if you like Wale you'll probably be into it.

http://niketalk.com/topic/132208

Asher , Bu & Ace Hood get A's because they have albums out.. an official release speaks much louder, imo, than anything the other guys have done

Originally Posted by zokid

Asher , Bu & Ace Hood get A's because they have albums out.. an official release speaks much louder, imo, than anything the other guys have done

Don't forget Curren$y.

I wouldn't say an album = an A, though.

Ace Hood's buzz has dropped DRASTICALLY since "Gutta" released.

Dude is nowhere to be found right now.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by solefood229

I'm going off with who is gaining more ground with the common public (not people on blogs searching for new music everyday)

Cudi(A) had a big single everybody and they mama was singing that %%#*

Asher(c+) had a good first single, released album

Wale (C) nike boots gave him a lil buzz, but he needs to release BTTF asap

Currenssy (C) has been keeping his buzz steady

Mickey(D) the only thing I've seen homie in was a honda ad most people don't know who he is

BoB(C-) dude released a single and a mixtape,but it just didn't take off hopefully when tip gets situated he will be good

Corey(F) dude hasn't done squat to get noticed by the general public

Ace(C) dude isn't the best artist but his affiliations will keep his name out there

Blu(C+) dude may be a better artist than everyone on this list, but he hasn't done anything to get the general public to notice him

Charlie H(D) brooklyn girls had a lil buzz, but most people will know him from his L's than his music Son is a lil too cocky for most people. The only thing he has going for him is his work ethic, you shoot enough jumpers you bound to make one

This is accurate
DRAKE - TRANSFER STUDENT - A

I would also rate Asher and Currensy a LITTLE higher just because they have two released "ALBUMS"

I knew somebody on Niketalk couldnt hold in their new infatuation with Drake. I knew somebody was gonna classify him in this years Freshmen. I mean he's making good music so no hate. I just hope he can bring out a single off his ALBUM to top "Successful"...and "You the ... Best"
I knew somebody on NT didn't know Drake was supposed to be on the cover too. The scheduling got messed up cause dude was TOURING WITH WAYNE and they picked someone to fill in. Also Drake has addressed the 10-Freshmen cover, which no one else on that list has. Also, this isn't new-found infatuation. Dude has been on my current top 5 list since 06 with Room for Improvement. I dont expect you to know that, but just slow down with the assumptions.
I mean all that was nice to kno i guess...
but I was just throwin it out there because i knew somebody would throw Drake's name on there even though he WASNT ON THE COVER..
i could really care less if he was susposed to be there...he wasnt there, so therefore i just dont classify him on the 10 freshman progress report list
No hate or shots at you ...IM JUS SAYIN

The **$% y'all givin' Blu A's for? He hasn't done jack @%!# since the XXL Cover.
You gonna give dude an A on the midterm and he hasn't even showed up to class?

Wale- B- (On tour already, deal with Interscope and Rocafella, but keeps pushing back his Back to The Feature Mixtape)
Charles Hamilton- Might as well drop out.
Asher Roth- C+
Cory Gunz- C-
Blu- D-
Mickey Factz- C
Ace Hood- D
Curren$y- B
Kid Cudi- B+

The !@@# you gonna call out Blu for when you obviously don't know jack @$+%?
laugh.gif

Son has dropped two mixtapes and signed a record deal with WB this year alone. And uh, he's been touring too. But of course because he's not yourrapper of choice that all equates to nothing right?

You can always trust nters to speak on what they know nothing about with the utmost confidence.

^^ but he's listing them by how much they really done... If i went to the mall and asked random people if they knew who Blu is, they wouldnt know= BadGrade

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Wale - C
BOB ------never heard
Charles Hamilton - D
Asher Roth - B
Cory Guns-----heard but never heard lol
Blu - A
Mickey Factz -----heard 1 song
Ace Hood - B
Currency - D
Kid Cudi - A

Curren$y a D? you're just a straight up hater....i guess if he was still w/ wayne you would rate him higher
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Son has dropped two mixtapes and signed a record deal with WB this year alone. And uh, he's been touring too. But of course because he's not your rapper of choice that all equates to nothing right?

You can always trust nters to speak on what they know nothing about with the utmost confidence.
now how was I supposed to know this? Dude ain't even got a wiki page.

^
laugh.gif
yea he does

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

^^ but he's listing them by how much they really done... If i went to the mall and asked random people if they knew who Blu is, they wouldnt know= Bad Grade

I couldn't care less about a grade, I was just pointing out that saying Blu has done nothing since the XXL issue was released is a fallacy. And for therecord, Blu is never gonna win a popularity contest. He's the only real/extreme undergroup rapper of the freshmen, it really doesn't make sense tocompare him with the rest of them based off popularity and mainstream advances.

laugh.gif

Son has dropped two mixtapes and signed a record deal with WB this year alone. And uh, he's been touring too. But of course because he's not your rapper of choice that all equates to nothing right?

thanks for showing me the mixtape, hes talented
i think he sounds too laid back though.. im all about chillin songs but i was expecting one of the songs would eventually be a little more up beat. plus theyall have the same vibe.
but even with that his lyrics were still strong
i would like to hear more from him if you know of any

Yo StarkyL0ve didn't I just do what you did a couple pages prior regarding Blu?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ these dudes not even bothering to read the thread then want to talk outthey ignorant +%%!$
smh.gif
eyes.gif

It's sickening how the grading has admittedly been said by most posting in here to be a popularity contest.

^
laugh.gif
Yea I caught that too, I thought about mentioning it but was just like
smh.gif

GG23 check out Soul Amazing Pt. 1 and 2 you can probably find them on datpiff

Wale- B- (easily my favorite on the list, talented as %+!%, but cmon my dude, where's that mixtape?
smh.gif
)
B.o.B- C+
Charles Hamilton- C
Asher Roth- B- (only based on his I Love College success, dude is trash)
Cory Gunz- D
Blu- C+ (dude is hella talented, but i just don't see him bein a breakout star just yet)
Mickey Factz- C
Ace Hood- D-
Curren$y- C-
Kid Cudi- A (dude gained buzz QUICK off that single, i think he has what it takes to propel to stardom)

Wale- inc.
B.o.B- inc.
Charles Hamilton- f-
Asher Roth- f
Cory Gunz- c+
Blu- inc
Mickey Factz- c
Ace Hood- d
Curren$y- f
Kid Cudi-inc

The problem with the grading in this thread is everyone has been doing it on different scales.

OP said to grade on "productivity", but that's sort of vague...

Some of y'all have heard little to no tracks from a few of the freshmen, others have personal preferences in mind, then we have those who are goingstrictly off how far they've advanced in the business and some dudes are grading off what the freshmen are doing right NOW...

+!$% is all over the place.

ok ...i have no ego and im very very realistic...lol

asher roth is at about 120k ,has done several big venues and sold over ONE MILLION itunes for "i love college" ..im sorry NT that is 100 pctsuccessful. he gets an A

BOB.. luke warm single..but still touring and building his buzz..TI's going away and i think grand hustle is goin to focus on him and young LA more...thename change kinda confused people..but the music is still good. nevertheless hes still grinding .he also has a pub deal with eminem ..so im sure hes gonna getalot of licensing money and exposure, BUT for now C+

Blu as dope as he is he isnt doin much as far as exposure..may be the most talented lyricist on the list..but the sad thing is lyrics matter less and lessthese days. i know he did sign a record deal shortly after the cover i forgot with who. Hes been touring a bit and im sure there is more to come...butrealistically Blu doesnt strike me as the type of person who wants to be in the position Drake or Cudi is in..but for arguments sake ..C

Me..touring...the tour that will not end! *sigh* album is complete, dropping this summer "chillin" is doin very well on itunes and the bds spins aregoing up everyweek...most "core" fans never really like singles..lol i did carson daily GQ mag ... Two magazine covers im shootin in LA this weekend,signed with Roc Nation .touring with Jay Z late summer.got a mixtape that IS taking too long to drop.but im workin on it...lol currently on my way to NY toperform for the "higher-ups" at MTV..Not doing GREAT.compared to some of my peers..but doing GREAT for a new artist...SRC (asher's label) worksdifferent then interscope...they go IMMEDIATELY ..Scope builds and takes time..(sometimes too long .ha) all in all B-

Mickey Factz. Still Grindin ..got the Honda Commercial..still puttin out music and he is on the rock the bells tour this year... spoke to him and he says hecooking up music for somethin major this year. C

Currensy .. I personally know he passed on some record deal offers, some people wait till they find the BEST situation, but the problem is there is NO BESTsituation. You make one out of average joint. He released a very good indie album...makin an album takes alot of time an energy..thats why some people NEVERdrop. B-

Charles Hamilton.... No Comment

Cudi . top 5 on 106 and park..doin some writing for some MAJOR artist (wish i could tell you who). acting.(some hbo show)..vibe cover soon. top 10 on itunes .3315+ BDS spins a week.. dropped a mixtape..touring with asher this summer..signed to Universal Motown shortly after the cover. Like it or not cudi is doin histhing..my hat goes off to him....A+

Ace Hood. he put out and album with a bar code...has been on tv alot more then alot of us ..album sales were ok..not great..the record with trey songz was bigon urban radio..we are judging this thing by exposure ..so B-

Corey Gunz. he so talented its scary.his ability and potential is insane!....but he has been missin..hes been doin stuff with rapradar.com and i heard somejoints he did with ryan leslie..i honeslty think hes recording an album 1st ..then going to get a deal and drop it immediately ..like drake is doing...but asfar as exposure ..hes not gettin much...i like his stuff alot..but right now hes not doing too much thats being "seen" ... C-

and let me go on record and say Drakes success has nothin to do with anybody else..he is his own entity , from another country and he was on a big time tvshow..he was already more famous then all of us..lol i saw drakes myspace page 2years ago and he had tripple what i had as far as hits...his success doesntmean failure for anybody unless they were rap/sing/actors from canada ..100 pct different thing..with that said hes killin #%#% right now. I think hes the mostpopular rapper out now...not just "new" rappers..like most popular rapper period.

thnx for reading my thoughts..lol im sorry for all the grammatical errors im sleepy and i really dont care to proof read..peace out NT

Back
Top Bottom