....:::: XXL's The 10 Freshmen....VOL. Mid-term Grades ::::..... Update. Wale's 2¢. page8

i might be suffering from delusions....but i dont think Asher's as marketable as Drake.....

Talent/Star power wise, Drake > all of them

Lyricism, Blu > all of em

Wale can perform his #!% off

^How you not know?
laugh.gif
It is kinda cool (NH)

But anyways why cats bringin in Drake and OJ for?

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

i might be suffering from delusions....but i dont think Asher's as marketable as Drake.....

Asher Roth is EVERYWHERE.

My-T.

Wale- B+
B.o.B.- C+
Charles Hamilton- D-
Asher Roth- B+
Cory Gunz- F
Blu- D (Before everyone starts getting mad, he hasn't done anything to make anyone know him..)
Mickey Factz- C
Ace Hood- B (A lot of people know him even though he's whack)
Curren$y- C
Kid Cudi- A (I think he receives the most buzz out of all of them)

Originally Posted by that WAVE

Wale- C+
B.o.B- B-
Charles Hamilton- D-
Asher Roth- B
Cory Gunz- C-
Blu- F
Mickey Factz- D
Ace Hood- B-
Curren$y- B+
Kid Cudi- B+

List not based off skill...more so on grinding and getting in the spotlight and the type of exposure they receive

Wale- B-
B.o.B- C+
Charles Hamilton- F
Asher Roth- D-
Cory Gunz- F
Blu- A
Mickey Factz- C
Ace Hood- C+
Curren$y- A
Kid Cudi- A-

Wale- A
B.o.B- B
Charles Hamilton- w+ lost to a girl
Asher Roth- C
Cory Gunz- B
Blu- never heard
Mickey Factz-C
Ace Hood- C
Curren$y- B
Kid Cudi- B
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by solefood229

I'm going off with who is gaining more ground with the common public (not people on blogs searching for new music everyday)

Cudi(A) had a big single everybody and they mama was singing that %%#*

Asher(c+) had a good first single, released album

Wale (C) nike boots gave him a lil buzz, but he needs to release BTTF asap

Currenssy (C) has been keeping his buzz steady

Mickey(D) the only thing I've seen homie in was a honda ad most people don't know who he is

BoB(C-) dude released a single and a mixtape,but it just didn't take off hopefully when tip gets situated he will be good

Corey(F) dude hasn't done squat to get noticed by the general public

Ace(C) dude isn't the best artist but his affiliations will keep his name out there

Blu(C+) dude may be a better artist than everyone on this list, but he hasn't done anything to get the general public to notice him

Charlie H(D) brooklyn girls had a lil buzz, but most people will know him from his L's than his music Son is a lil too cocky for most people. The only thing he has going for him is his work ethic, you shoot enough jumpers you bound to make one

This is accurate
DRAKE - TRANSFER STUDENT - A

I would also rate Asher and Currensy a LITTLE higher just because they have two released "ALBUMS"

I knew somebody on Niketalk couldnt hold in their new infatuation with Drake. I knew somebody was gonna classify him in this years Freshmen. I mean he'smaking good music so no hate. I just hope he can bring out a single off his ALBUM to top "Successful"...and "You the ... Best"

Wale is by far the best person on this list.. if you dont agree with me, you havnt herd his mixtapes paint a picture or hate is the new love.

enough said.

next is probably kid cudi even though i dont think a kid named kudi was that good but his singles in general are hot
then is asher who you either love or hate but i think hes stood up against all his criticism well and has some pretty good songs
4. Currensy, i dont follow him much but i always catch him on dj mixes and he goes pretty hard
5. Corey, "solefood229" is right in that he doesnt make himself noticable much but when he does come out he has some good beats and is lyrically good
6 and 7 are between mikey and blu considering ive never herd much about them
8. ace, hes gotten attention but he doesnt sound any different from anyone else out right now
9. BoB, ive herd a couple songs from him and i just couldnt make myself like them
10. Charles hamilton, hes gotten a lot of attention but no songs i like and after i herd him try to spark beef with rhymefest and then get destroyed..idk whyhes still rapping

HOW COME DRAKE OR BIG SEAN ARENT ON THIS LIST?!?!?

Originally Posted by M16

Wale- F
B.o.B- F
Charles Hamilton- F
Asher Roth- F
Cory Gunz- F
Blu- A
Mickey Factz- F
Ace Hood- F
Curren$y- B
Kid Cudi- F

grading based on productivity is stupid, straight up. Charles would win by a landslide. ...so this is off of relevancy since cover:

Kid Cudi.. A (Day N Nite still blowing up, with Sky Might Fall quickly behind it. Mad shows, mad interviews (not to mention 106th), mad press in general. Kanye cosign does wonders.)
Wale.. B- (Like he said, sold out shows every night. Single with one of the hottest female singers out right now. Still waiting on new material though.)
Asher Roth.. B (Do not listen/like this cat, but did release an album with Def Jam. MTV loves him. College is still getting played. Winning.)
Charles Hamilton.. B- (Releasing mad material. The average rap fan knows him now. Brooklyn Girls still gets spins. Generated publicity with the knucklesandwich he took.)
Blu.. C+ (One of my favorite artists since 07. Has DRASTICALLY increased his fan base since the cover. Released a couple mixtapes, but still gets noradio/tv love. Will probably stay underground forever.)
B.o.B./Bobby Ray.. C+ (Released several videos, but where are they??? So much talent, but might go indie rock. Headlined a couple shows. Lupe collab isvery much so anticipated though.)
Curren$y.. B- (Solid album, but few people copped this. Has done many shows and future with Wiz Khalifa should prove profitable.)
Mickey Factz.. C (The forgotten one. Doesn't get as much blog love as I thought he would. Has an album coming out, but do people care?)
Ace Hood & Corey Gunz.. I (Don't know enough about these dudes to make a fair judgement.. thus "incomplete.")

GG23 wrote:
Wale is by far the best person on this list.. if you dont agree with me, you havnt herd his mixtapes paint a picture or hate is the new love.

enough said.

They're talking about what they've done this year. He hasn't released more than 3 songs and has been touring mostof the spring.

My-T.

Wale: C- (he's been on tour and doing shows, but musically I hvent really liked most of his new stuff)
B.O.B: D- (dude has disappeared)
Sonic: F (nuff said)
Asher: A- (dude is everywhere, has an album out, song on the radio, ect.)
Gunz: D- (disappeared with the occasional WSHH freestyle)
Blu: B- (dude can flat out spit)
Mickey Factz: C- (I never liked dude b/c he seems corny.... he can spit but alotta his songs have me like
smh.gif
)
Ace Hood: C- (he had a album out aroun the time this mag droppd which was ok but nothing great... since he's kinda falln back but hopefully he can bounceback)
Spitta: B+ (he's not as mainstream as Asher, but dude's album was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
)
Kid Cudi: B+ (day n nite still poppn, he gotta mixtape out he doin shows, ect.)

Originally Posted by GG23

enough said.

next is probably kid cudi even though i dont think a kid named kudi was that good but his singles in general are hot
then is asher who you either love or hate but i think hes stood up against all his criticism well and has some pretty good songs
4. Currensy, i dont follow him much but i always catch him on dj mixes and he goes pretty hard
5. Corey, "solefood229" is right in that he doesnt make himself noticable much but when he does come out he has some good beats and is lyrically good
8. ace, hes gotten attention but he doesnt sound any different from anyone else out right now
9. BoB, ive herd a couple songs from him and i just couldnt make myself like them
10. Charles hamilton, hes gotten a lot of attention but no songs i like and after i herd him try to spark beef with rhymefest and then get destroyed..idk why hes still rapping

How you gonna drop some definitive statement basically stating that if anyone disagrees they obviously haven't heard the music, then proceedto enlighten us to the fact that you're not even the least bit familiar with half the artist up for discussion?
laugh.gif

And uh, Drake and Big Sean aren't on the list because uh, well...

I dont' understand what yall want Wale to do. He is about to have a major video with lady gaga, and is working on an album. You do realize that most goodalbums come out during or after the summer. Say always had a later in the year date. How is he not on his grizz? Dropping songs every week would be nice, butnow a days if you not droppin like Lil Wayne then you not on your grizzy. I swear modern hip hop fans are so up in the air. "Hip Hop's Dead""Wayne is hip hop" "wayne is trash, drake is better". And how the heck are ya'll giving drake an A based off of albums? This fool hasno album nor has he had a date set. Sure he is droppin mixtapes like no bodies business, but cuzzo just got signed...well is rumored to get signed. IDK whyhe's even in this discussion because he wasn't on the cover, and I hadn't heard of him until after the cover came out(remember like last Nov). Truehe was in the same position as Charles hamiliton and Mickey factz to me, but even still, when I saw mickey I knew he was a rapper, when I saw Drake thought hewas a singer and it didnt' help the first couple of songs I heard of his he was signing. More importantly he doesn't seem confident enough to be on thebig stage, while whether like it or not, all the other dudes seem so ready for the limelight.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

enough said.

10. Charles hamilton, hes gotten a lot of attention but no songs i like and after i herd him try to spark beef with rhymefest and then get destroyed..idk why hes still rapping

How you gonna drop some definitive statement basically stating that if anyone disagrees they obviously haven't heard the music, then proceed to enlighten us to the fact that you're not even the least bit familiar with half the artist up for discussion?
laugh.gif

And uh, Drake and Big Sean aren't on the list because uh, well...

i know BoB i just choose not to listen to him because i dont like him, so i put him low
on the other hand, i know of blu (i herd him in therapy with talib kweli, which was hot, but thats about it) and mikey but i havnt herd much from them, theydont make themselves too public
currensy i listen to, like if i hear him on a mixtape or something but i dont follow him, like i dont download every song he comes out with

now the only argument you have is for blu and mikey... and those two people i mentioned, drake and big sean, i hear coming out with new stuff all the time. imnot gonna give someone credit if they just dont wanna be noticed. tell me where i can hear of mikey and blu.

and on my wale comment, have you herd anything more lyrical then what on those mixtapes compared to anyone else mentioned. i know hes been kinda slow on thenew material but the dudes touring and making himself more known, and the stuff on his previous tapes never gets old. Plus the songs has dropped havnt beenslacking

patiently waits for someone to say they wonder why drake was not on the cover of top ten freshman or better yet he should get a xxl cover by himself to make itup. LOL

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

enough said.

How you gonna drop some definitive statement basically stating that if anyone disagrees they obviously haven't heard the music, then proceed to enlighten us to the fact that you're not even the least bit familiar with half the artist up for discussion?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i know BoB i just choose not to listen to him because i dont like him, so i put him low
on the other hand, i know of blu (i herd him in therapy with talib kweli, which was hot, but thats about it) and mikey but i havnt herd much from them, they dont make themselves too public
currensy i listen to, like if i hear him on a mixtape or something but i dont follow him, like i dont download every song he comes out with

now the only argument you have is for blu and mikey... and those two people i mentioned, drake and big sean, i hear coming out with new stuff all the time. im not gonna give someone credit if they just dont wanna be noticed. tell me where i can hear of mikey and blu.

and on my wale comment, have you herd anything more lyrical then what on those mixtapes compared to anyone else mentioned. i know hes been kinda slow on the new material but the dudes touring and making himself more known, and the stuff on his previous tapes never gets old. Plus the songs has dropped havnt been slacking

I don't have an argument, I was just pointing out the irony in your statement.

As for Wale and his lyrical prowess, dude is nice, I'm definitely a fan. But to answer your question, yea I've heard work from Blu and Corey thatequals and surpasses Wale's best lyrical work. And if you ask me 100 Miles and Running is BY FAR his best mixtape.

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by solefood229

I'm going off with who is gaining more ground with the common public (not people on blogs searching for new music everyday)

Cudi(A) had a big single everybody and they mama was singing that %%#*

Asher(c+) had a good first single, released album

Wale (C) nike boots gave him a lil buzz, but he needs to release BTTF asap

Currenssy (C) has been keeping his buzz steady

Mickey(D) the only thing I've seen homie in was a honda ad most people don't know who he is

BoB(C-) dude released a single and a mixtape,but it just didn't take off hopefully when tip gets situated he will be good

Corey(F) dude hasn't done squat to get noticed by the general public

Ace(C) dude isn't the best artist but his affiliations will keep his name out there

Blu(C+) dude may be a better artist than everyone on this list, but he hasn't done anything to get the general public to notice him

Charlie H(D) brooklyn girls had a lil buzz, but most people will know him from his L's than his music Son is a lil too cocky for most people. The only thing he has going for him is his work ethic, you shoot enough jumpers you bound to make one

This is accurate
DRAKE - TRANSFER STUDENT - A

I would also rate Asher and Currensy a LITTLE higher just because they have two released "ALBUMS"

I knew somebody on Niketalk couldnt hold in their new infatuation with Drake. I knew somebody was gonna classify him in this years Freshmen. I mean he's making good music so no hate. I just hope he can bring out a single off his ALBUM to top "Successful"...and "You the ... Best"
I knew somebody on NT didn't know Drake was supposed to be on the cover too. The scheduling got messed up cause dude was TOURING WITH WAYNEand they picked someone to fill in. Also Drake has addressed the 10-Freshmen cover, which no one else on that list has. Also, this isn't new-foundinfatuation. Dude has been on my current top 5 list since 06 with Room for Improvement. I dont expect you to know that, but just slow down with theassumptions.

Back
Top Bottom