yo, i think its time nike really retro da Penny IV's right

nike-air-penny-4-phoenix-suns-pe-01_2.jpg

1998-99-Air-Penny-IV-Black.jpg

all this penny frenzy, and SOMEHOW why these have eluded da retro re-issung is beyond me......
30t6p3b.gif

People's that attended the Penny event in las Vegas said that Nike claimed aid that models that the Penny IV were destroyed hence why you didn't seen them on display at the event.

I think so.. believe it or not, these are my favorite SHOES of all time.. I had every colorway in Middle School and High School. This one guy had the Blk/Royals for sale on ebay DS sz 10.5 and then canceled the auction.. I couldve killed him
mad.gif
. I'm still on the hunt for EVERY OG/Footaction exclusive colorway.. hopefully with the help of some NT'ers

Nike needs to re-do the Home colorway and retro the Away's and Phoenix ASAP. Most comfortable Penny,IMO.

Here's my pair. Bottom heel on one pair is starting to separate
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

nike-air-penny-4-phoenix-suns-pe-01_2.jpg

all this penny frenzy, and SOMEHOW why these have eluded da retro re-issung is beyond me......
30t6p3b.gif
[Denzel, American Gangster] "My man..."

IV are my favorite penny.  I always get blasted, but its been that way since they initially dropped, and never changed.

You KNOW the quality won't be like those FA exclusive colorways, and they'll change something.

But given all my originals are starting to separate, I'll be intrigued to see them do that entire line of FA exclusive colorways.

It's only a matter of time, as the penny hype is at another all time high.

Patience...........................

Are they still holding on too that "the mold is destroyed" excuse? SMH.

Just like the Foam 1s, until there is a sufficient amount of demand for the shoe I doubt they will re-retro it anything soon

Other than the cool grey and black/carolina the retro was a just terrible colors without a suede midsole. The black/red pair is my favorite because in general I don't love shoes with a white sole.

As far as re-release, I am all for it.  They will hit outlets and I can pick them up for $50 like the 2s and 3s.

The "mold" destroying shouldn't matter....If they can re-create the Foamposite mold from scratch, these shouldn't be a problem. Besides, we all know that retro models are never an exact replica to their original counterpart, so I'd expect some subtle differences anyways.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Are they still holding on too that "the mold is destroyed" excuse? SMH.

Man you don't know how sick and tired I am of hearing about the destruction of these gotdamn molds. Just do what you've done with other shoes whose "molds have been destroyed" and get these joints out there. Please hold the computer chip camo $@+!$%@! colorways this time and just give us the original +++%.

I could have sworn the IV's released a few years ago, maybe 2008, I'm not to sure and they bombed and hit the outlets... including the OG colorways.

I would pick up the OG colorway and maybe one other... the IV's are the only Penny's I don't own.

I think we need a proper release of the Penny 1's too... they need to release the other 2 OG colorways already.

^They did retro back in (I wanna say) 2006.

I still have my pair from back then.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I could have sworn the IV's released a few years ago, maybe 2008, I'm not to sure and they bombed and hit the outlets... including the OG colorways.

I would pick up the OG colorway and maybe one other... the IV's are the only Penny's I don't own.

I think we need a proper release of the Penny 1's too... they need to release the other 2 OG colorways already.

Although I bought a pair of the OG colorway retro's, they were not up to par with the true OG's. Also, they only retro'd only one original colorway with a bunch of digital designs.

As much as I want other colors of the OG Penny 1's retro'd, I think the IV's need a proper release ASAP. It was too many good colorways to ignore.

Yeah, it's too bad that they lost the original molds. This is why there was no Penny IV in the SC x Penny Pack released last year. Nike can't retro the Penny IV again, very unfortunate.

The architecture of any sneaker Nike has made should be on a floppy disk SOMEWHERE. Just cant buy that excuse.

Originally Posted by xretroxkickzx

Yeah, it's too bad that they lost the original molds. This is why there was no Penny IV in the SC x Penny Pack released last year. Nike can't retro the Penny IV again, very unfortunate.
Yes they can brah, the original mold for Foam Ones was destroyed too. Nike was using the same excuse for the Foam Ones up until the decided to retro them.

And what would you know, the 2007s where damn close to the OGs.

When there is a multiple page thread on NT demanding the 4s get retroed, petitions with hundreds of names, and dudes start asking about them at every Nike events/showcases then you will see how quickly Nike finds a way to re-do the mold. That's the kind of Buzz the Foam Ones had before the news of the retro came out

I love the Penny IV's! One of my favorite models from the line.

I have/had a few pairs of the last run of retro's, although they had obvious differences, I had no complaints on the actual quality of the materials they used.

I just wish they'd bring them back out with that piping that they took off on the last batch and also with a somewhat bigger air bubble.

Back
Top Bottom