Yo who remembers when Napster first came out? Vol. Jits stay out

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I thought I was doing it when my boy burned me Mobb Deep Murda Muzik, Dr Dre 2001, & Jay-Z Vol. 3.

I carried them all in this ill little case I got at the dollar store.

I remember this rich kid in school $#!%'ed on us hard when he came to school with the Sony Minidisc...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

00693951.jpg
i had one of those in hs, but the sharp one. cost me like 250 spent my first paycheck on that. i remember coming back to school and busted itout with some hot boyz and juve. "it dont play cassette tape, they play minidiscs"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

my friend proceeded to get a 256mb mp3 player later on that yr and i was always debating him how mp3 players were gonna die out and it cost too much and onlyheld 256mb
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

Anybody else remember the excitement they felt when they found a user with an expansive collection and a cable/t1/dsl connection?

Julius F. Wrek

laugh.gif
word

Yeh man. Napster was dope. People would think you were some kind of magician because you could get all that music for free.
laugh.gif

I used to be THE CD man at school though! There was always people who would try to come with gimicks like covers and CDs with graphics, but they always failed!lol... I made BANK when that Ludacris CD Word of Mouf came out!

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

One of the worst inventions of all time. Napster and it's derivatives were the catalyst in diluting the artistry in all types of music, but more specifically hip-hop. And the music that hasn't succumbed to that influence just gets stolen from the internet anyway. I hate it, as convenient as it is. It's the "devil" as they say. Yeah, the temptation is strong and it always feels great to get something from nothing, but pretty soon there will be no musicians left because the music "business" will no longer be lucrative enough to survive in.

If that's the case then I cant wait! Just think about the amount of TRASH we will be releaved from! The business will revive itself if that happens.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

One of the worst inventions of all time. Napster and it's derivatives were the catalyst in diluting the artistry in all types of music, but more specifically hip-hop. And the music that hasn't succumbed to that influence just gets stolen from the internet anyway. I hate it, as convenient as it is. It's the "devil" as they say. Yeah, the temptation is strong and it always feels great to get something from nothing, but pretty soon there will be no musicians left because the music "business" will no longer be lucrative enough to survive in.

If that's the case then I cant wait! Just think about the amount of TRASH we will be releaved from! The business will revive itself if that happens.

smh.gif
... right... genocide is always a good thing...

At the time I just transferred to a brand new HS that had a T1 connection and a computer at every desk for each student. Just remember seeing Napster pop-up atrandom stations.

Dudes were going ham with the d/l's
laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif
You're taking it out of context. Nobody's killing anything here. No lives are lost or anything like that. It's not like making music is ahuman right. Dont do that. It will be a good thing for music as a whole and for the industry. I'm sticking to that.

smh.gif

laugh.gif
You're taking it out of context. Nobody's killing anything here. No lives are lost or anything like that. It's not like making music is a human right. Dont do that. It will be a good thing for music as a whole and for the industry. I'm sticking to that.
My Lord... You couldn't be more wrong
smh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif
You're taking it out of context. Nobody's killing anything here. No lives are lost or anything like that. It's not like making music is a human right. Dont do that. It will be a good thing for music as a whole and for the industry. I'm sticking to that.
smh.gif
smh.gif

So you just want to state your opinion or you want a valid arguement? Music is a huge part of my life, and I might appreciate it more than you do, but Napsterdidnt kill people, but you know what? Music might be a human right, but selling it certainly isnt any kind of noble move. If you create music solely to sell itthen I dont want to hear it.

YOU JUST SAID NAPSTER
eek.gif

i remember being in my bros room downloading some blink-182 allll day.
pimp.gif

that was my *%$@ back then. hell, i still listen to that stuff
pimp.gif

It's amazing to see how technology has advanced in so little time. I still remember that "Forgot about Dre" was the first song I downloaded fromNapster.

by the time i finally got internet, napster was in the gutter

i felt like missed out back then
laugh.gif

- while i usually butt heads with DW and frown on his antics, he's 100% on point with this one. and honestly ive been silently working on a book about thesubject.....

smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

So you just want to state your opinion or you want a valid arguement? Music is a huge part of my life, and I might appreciate it more than you do, but Napster didnt kill people, but you know what? Music might be a human right, but selling it certainly isnt any kind of noble move. If you create music solely to sell it then I dont want to hear it.

Rilla speaking...

Fine, look at the sales decline ever since file sharing met highspeed internet. when music wasn't as easy to steal as a chicklet inWal-mart, muscians putactual artistry into their craft. Now with so little consumers and so many muscians (mind you, a lot these cats were drawn to music because of the success oftheir idols), it's become a shuck and jive contest. People have always done anything for a buck, but it gets worse when there are less bucks to go around.There.

Back
Top Bottom