Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

that would explain why mainstream hip hop sucks now and ppl gotta camp out to purchase some shoes.

:rofl:

there are 100 more rappers that can be credited for hip hop being terrible before kanye and camping out for kicks
if you need or have the feeling to want to camp out the blame is on you only

Yeah? Kanye put hip hop onto leathers and high fashion now? How long have you been listening to hip hop my man? Like what year did you start exactly?

View media item 671748
View media item 671749
View media item 671750
View media item 671751
View media item 671752
View media item 671753
And that's just the 80s. How about the 90s with Avirex and Pelle Pelle? I could post pics all day, but you probably would need a break down of why Avirex was a respected brand and I'm cool on schooling you on history. It's amazing that with all of the information available today, dudes remain ignorant by choice.

But please, continue.

:rofl: why do you continue to bring up times that have long gone.............

to argue that kanye hasnt single handedly put hip hop into leather high end fashion long ts and all that is beyong me

and i mean kanye has put current hip hop yes i said current as in now this very moment back onto leather and everything i stated

i see what your trying to do but how does that fit into this time frame after all those picture you posted different fashion came along

Now I've seen it all. Kanye making leather and high end clothes fashionable, as if people of all kinds haven't been wearing leather for DECADES AND expensive high end clothes for thousands of years :lol:

just shut the @#$& up Kanye fans

Last edited:
:rofl: why do you continue to bring up times that have long gone.............

to argue that kanye hasnt single handedly put hip hop into leather high end fashion long ts and all that is beyong me

and i mean kanye has put current hip hop yes i said current as in now this very moment back onto leather and everything i stated

i see what your trying to do but how does that fit into this time frame after all those picture you posted different fashion came along

So you don't see how all Kanye did was

a. wear Jordans that have been popular since the 80s/90s
b. wear leather pants and jackets that has been done since the 80s/90s
c. wear Timberlands, also popular in the 90s/2000s
d. did nothing that hasn't been done before

but dudes on his nuts swear that he innovated something. Here's the thing. If you don't have a grasp on where he got his style from (the Polo phase was just him biting Lo Lifes and trying to make himself seem like he was doing something different) you won't get how all he did was nothing new. Nothing. Oh wait, he wore a kilt. I'll give him credit for that. But digging up old styles and recycling them is nothing I'm going to give him credit for on an innovative level.

I guess because I grew up in the 80s, 90s and am a grown man now, I've seen all of his style before. So I'm not seeing how he did anything close to what you're claiming.

Here's what you should wrap your mind around. Kanye ALSO grew up in the same era as I did. He saw all of the same ****. He may know younger cats aren't hip to it and don't know where the styles originated and passes his biting off as innovation. Ain't nothing wrong with copying styles, but when dudes start to make him into the father of the style, that's where I'm like, nah.

Kanye isn't creating, he's rehashing when it comes to fashion. Y'all act like he came up with an entirely new look. He didn't.

Last edited:
Don't see how I ever said he invented it my main point is he is responsible for making it a staple in hip hop again(in this very moment) and how he is single handedly created clones from his luck in hip hop. But I'll let you post how all that's been done in the past yadda yadda.

A lot of y'all are really starting to show your age by lack of basic *** common knowledge that can also be found in a matter of a quick google search.

-Em was from 8 mile. This is no movie facts, he was really from 8 mile.

-You won't find 1 Ye' album that can come lyrically close to Eminems "Infinite" album. Which if you haven't heard because you young cats grew up on Eminem in his later years than check that out.

Ye's mom had money and raised him from a nice suburban area in Chicago. He even attended an art school. I don't buy his I started with nothing persona. That's not to take away from what he's done to hip hop. His work ethic at one point was crazy. But there hasn't been 1 thing he's done that's original.

-Rappers have had a shoe deal with big sneaker companies

-2pac kicked it with Versace and designed a few shirts

-Rappers have tried to sell the confederate flag on some "I'm artsy now" tip

-Rappers have been sampling music for EVER

So to be really real the only different thing Kanye has done is make his show's crazy with the visuals and stage.

Which he got from Jay on the WTC tour, he even hired the same artist for this tour.

He is not innovative and not on this deep level of thinking y'all just stuck on channel basic.

He's copied everything that's ever done in hip hop and he capitalized on it better than most.

Stop that Kendrick is a puppet talk. I'm from LA and dot is really putting it down out here. He's not banging he's telling the story of regular *** LA cats growing up in hoods where there all there is, is banging.

A lot of y'all are really starting to show your age by lack of basic *** common knowledge that can also be found in a matter of a quick google search.

Ye's mom had money and raised him from a nice suburban area in Chicago. He even attended an art school. I don't buy his I started with nothing persona. That's not to take away from what he's done to hip hop. His work ethic at one point was crazy. But there hasn't been 1 thing he's done that's original.

Which he got from Jay on the WTC tour, he even hired the same artist for this tour.

So you've heard something like Yeezus on another rap album in the mainstream?

You've heard something like 808's and heartbreaks before that came out?

Even his song content was different during an era where gangster rap was dominant.

How are you going to call him unoriginal?

Not to mention, I can't believe you think Jay Z helped influence Kanye's ideas when it comes to putting on shows. His GITD tour was way ahead of anything Jay Z has ever done. Kanye and his team definitely made that tour what it was.

wtf was that freestyle? i wish he would of just said naw im not gonna rhyme for you cuz that was garbage.

gangster rap hasnt been dominant since when 2pac was alive and i dnt remember ever hearing of kanye back then so idk why you throwing that in there...

gangster rap hasnt been dominant since when 2pac was alive and i dnt remember ever hearing of kanye back then so idk why you throwing that in there...
laugh.gif

So you've heard something like Yeezus on another rap album in the mainstream?

You've heard something like 808's and heartbreaks before that came out?

Even his song content was different during an era where gangster rap was dominant.

How are you going to call him unoriginal?

Not to mention, I can't believe you think Jay Z helped influence Kanye's ideas when it comes to putting on shows. His GITD tour was way ahead of anything Jay Z has ever done. Kanye and his team definitely made that tour what it was.
i thought he was influenced by t-pain on the 808 album? he told tpain that he wanted to do a album like rapper ternt sanga because it was love music and bass.. thats why he got the name 808s and heartbreaks

Back
Top Bottom