You ever wondered what chicken nuggets are made from?

this post hasnt come up in a few years.... always nice to see how something looked before it came awesomely delicious

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Majority of the world would kill for some nuggets, so I ain't complaining.
Je Ne, is that really how you justify it?
laugh.gif

That is disgusting. I'll probably never eat another chicken nugget again and I loved those.  NEVER AGAIN

Originally Posted by Shogun

Us Americans are so spoiled when it comes to food.  We're very conservative compared to other countries.  You learn a lot of stuff watching Bizarre Foods.  Mushed up eyes and guts in the nuggets is not that bad.  Some cultures eat that on the regular.  They cook up the edible parts of the animal and not waste anything.

Do they use ammonia and bleach to clean it though? I think not. That is the big difference. I don't think genetically modified is the same as not wasting any part of an animal that poorer nations have to do.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif

That is disgusting. I'll probably never eat another chicken nugget again and I loved those.  NEVER AGAIN

Us Americans are so spoiled when it comes to food.  We're very conservative compared to other countries.  You learn a lot of stuff watching Bizarre Foods.  Mushed up eyes and guts in the nuggets is not that bad.  Some cultures eat that on the regular.  They cook up the edible parts of the animal and not waste anything.

Do they use ammonia and bleach to clean it though? I think not. That is the big difference. I don't think genetically modified is the same as not wasting any part of an animal that poorer nations have to do.
This..

dude blatantly disregarding the chemical treatment like its not an issue
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

knew this

dont care

as for patties... well i used to be a butcher for a grocery store and we made all our ground beef from leftovers.  its really not bad like it is with fastfood joints.  pretty much any time we'd cut new steaks, tritips, etc. theres always parts that we cut off for cosmetic reasons, so we would just stash all that extra on a tray or plate then grind it up at the end of the day.

I thought McDonalds changed their chicken nuggets/patties to all white meat, as stated in the box and in the advertisements.

Originally Posted by Arbas

I thought McDonalds changed their chicken nuggets/patties to all white meat, as stated in the box and in the advertisements.

well according to OP they are pink and look like ice cream

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif

Justify what? Not throwing away perfectly edible parts of an animal? Oh, ok.

Because I guarantee you if we threw away all the "nasty" (yet completely edible) parts of animals, you people would be up in arms talking about: "Such a small percentage of meat is gathered from these animals before they're slaughtered! Meat eating is so terribly inefficient! Go vegan!" 

Where in the excerpt does it say bleach is used to clean the food? That's right, it doesn't. So stop propagandizing what is already a horrible piece of propaganda. 

Ammonia solutions aren't toxic to humans. But of course someone mentions a chemical name and you idiots go running around crying "unnatural! dangerous!".
The toxicity of ammonia solutions does not usually cause problems for humans and other mammals, as a specific mechanism exists to prevent its build-up in the bloodstream. Ammonia is converted to carbamoyl phosphate by the enzyme carbamoyl phosphate synthetase, and then enters the urea cycle to be either incorporated into amino acids or excreted in the urine.

And how does washing it with ammonia classify it as "genetically modified"? Please, humor me.

Back
Top Bottom