young thug... Barter 6 out.

Andre did the same thing (wore costumes on his album cover) and nobody associated it with fashion. Dude didn't even clarify anything on the cover besides just liking it. At the end of the day you could just change the cover, and our argument would be done.

Dude has wore a dress 3 times (has been famous for 3 years), how is that "shoving it down your throat"?

The comparison to Weeknd doesn't work in that Abel dropped 3 minimalistic dope projects (awhile landing two big looks on Drake's album) before taking off awhile Thug already made 4 tapes that had about 4-5 too many tracks before he started dropping hits.

His fashion sense definitely attracted him a new audience.

Redacted saying it was fact becuz him being as big as he is now can't ultimately be attributed to being outspoken and the way you worded quiet was odd
How did his fashion sense attract him a new audience? Homosexuality is still strongly stigmatized, especially in hiphop. While Thug isn't necessarily gay (I don't know and don't care), that's what a lot of people associate with him wearing dresses etc.

Doing things like that is gonna hurt any artist's career, especially a hiphop artist. It's wrong but that's just the reality.

Last edited:
How did his fashion sense attract him a new audience? Homosexuality is still strongly stigmatized, especially in hiphop.
Doing things like that is gonna hurt any artist's career, especially a hiphop artist. It's wrong but that's just the reality.

The stigmatizing factor honestly. In the interview dude said he don't care what ppl think when he dress as long the ppl that are weird/different see it and kno dude on some other **** and comfortable wit it. Alot of ppl say it's for attention but it's definitely believable that ppl see what he's doing.

IMO the Iggy Pop and Elton John co-sign wouldn't come if he wasn't on that wave

Ya alot of ppl don't rock wit him becuz but tbh they not rly was rocking wit buddy. Funny thing is my homie ran SS1/2 and Barter 6 into the ground, and just a month ago he was like bruh Thug said he don't see nothing wrong wit dudes wearing a dress wats wrong, i was like idk thinking dawg where have you been. Just last week we was bumpin Jeffery tho

Last edited:
Son a troll and these days in hiphop i guess that's cool, but i find it extremely hilarious that dudes in this very thread be out here questioning the character of other rappers constantly and dissing everything but the music, but somehow it' all about the music with this dude.

Besides the extra feminine ****, i have seen him threaten peoples lives on social media posting with guns, Claim wayne was his idol.... begin to slander Wayne... and turn him back into his idol, attention ***** himself time and time again.

All this **** that regular rappers catch slander for all the time but not with thug :lol:

Son a troll and these days in hiphop i guess that's cool, but i find it extremely hilarious that dudes in this very thread be out here questioning the character of other rappers constantly and dissing everything but the music, but somehow it' all about the music with this dude.

Besides the extra feminine ****, i have seen him threaten peoples lives on social media posting with guns, Claim wayne was his idol.... begin to slander Wayne... and turn him back into his idol, attention ***** himself time and time again.

All this **** that regular rappers catch slander for all the time but not with thug
laugh.gif
Dudes will criticize Game or Beans for **** but it's ok for a dude to fake being gay (as they claim). I just don't get it.
The majority of his fans have said in here numerous times they don't agree with his antics, they think the dress **** gay, lame as hell, etc

I think the **** Game did was lame as ****, should I not like the album and his disses no more?

I'm not even sure what y'all _'s wanting 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I'm just pointing something out that's all. :lol:

We've seen all types of excuses for Thug. "He's trollin" "But he's still a street dude" "He got kids though" "It's not really a dress, it's high fashion".

Last edited:

Homosexuality is still strongly stigmatized, especially in hiphop.

which is interesting because there has been an increasing level of homoeroticism within hip hop over the past decade.

men sagging their pants and making their *** crack man cleavage, videos of shirtless men sagging and dancing and grabbing each other to misogynist lyrics without a women in sight, influx of high fashion (an industry dominated by guess who). 

so if it's really "stigmatized", there's one hell of a conundrum in play there. i'm also not buying the idea of this being a detriment to young thug or anyone else in hip hop, i'd say it's a big reason why he's considered such an influential member of pop culture. take the antics away and I guarantee this thread loses at least 50 pages. it certainly hasn't hurt frank ocean. certainly hasn't hurt any of the big names that pop up when you google "rappers in dresses" either. as we keeping moving towards this era of transhumanism, it's going to get harder and harder to paint hip hop as this "anti-homo" culture. I think the taboo era is long gone. in fact i see quite a few newer artists who are absolutely challenging gender roles and shredding these so-called  "societal" ideas of masculinity. 

so let's not act like this "trolling" is working against young thug. you've got reputable publications out here calling this ***** the tupac of his generation. 

Post real af, repped

The majority of his fans have said in here numerous times they don't agree with his antics, they think the dress **** gay, lame as hell, etc

I think the **** Game did was lame as ****, should I not like the album and his disses no more?

I'm not even sure what y'all _'s wanting :lol:  

for everyone to be judged under the same standards honestly. some dudes will slander an artist for the exact thing they give thug a pass on. All i'm saying is that if it's just about the music then it should be all about the music with every artist, now you may do that idk. I do know that i see a lot of cats in this thread in other threads slandering the **** out of rappers based on things outside of the music.

"3 times too many" but yet you just said you don't care what buddy wear
Uhhhh I don't.

An I sure has hell don't have time to hold your hand and explain how the reason I said "3 times too many" in no way equates to me caring what another man wears.

I'm not even sure what y'all _'s wanting 
laugh.gif

for everyone to be judged under the same standards honestly. some dudes will slander an artist for the exact thing they give thug a pass on. All i'm saying is that if it's just about the music then it should be all about the music with every artist, now you may do that idk. I do know that i see a lot of cats in this thread in other threads slandering the **** out of rappers based on things outside of the music.
This is the second time you've said this today....

giphy.gif

Dudes will criticize Game or Beans for **** but it's ok for a dude to fake being gay (as they claim). I just don't get it.
I've slandered son numerous times for his antics. The reason beans and game get it worse from me is them ****** are 40 years old and been in the industry long enough to know better. Game got a fan base and yet he still post his **** and fake beefs for sells. Beans and this gang gang chiraq **** ain't it, most of us acting like it didn't happen. Jeffery and his stocking and camis is weird as hell and a no no. But even then I said doc 2 and 2.5 was flames and beans old **** is still classic to me, still stand by beans>dipset

Thank God. Leave it where it's at, Mike will need to go back to producing pop songs Cuz he lost his trap touch.

i told her roll me up a blunt and ima faceee it! [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom