Your album of the year so far - 1/3 the year is done

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

So Far Gone is not an album.
laugh.gif

You know cats just have to have Drake's name in a thread.
laugh.gif
I'm shocked I haven't seen Cudi's name in here. You see dudes droppin' Crime Pays in here and I actually went looking for it like it dropped.
I'm gonna go with Dream - Love vs Money, I'm a huge fan

post your fav album so far this year, mixtapes included
OP stated mixtapes included...I would assume because of the quality of actual ALBUMS that dropped so far this year....
wink.gif

I still go with the 4 I listed and I gotta give that UGK a spin or 3

to keep it 100... I haven't heard 95% of the albums being spoken on in this thread... I'm soooo behind
tired.gif

I don't know...I played Ross alot but I'm slowly not starting to play it anymore; which happened to MOST stuff I got this year. Played it hard forabout a week and a half and then I don't even bother going back. I'd say B, but she came out last year.

I don't have an album of the year I guess. Mediocrity FTL
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MrDills

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

5 songs from relapse > any album that has been released this year

Man you tripping
roll.gif
that thing is horrible..

LilStar, do you realize how much of a groupie you are ? I'm considered a "JMT groupie" on here but I still recognize when they make trash. UGK> Relapse.

Dudes giving Dream album of the year...
smh.gif

word. Dream needs to stick to ghost writing/producing. His first album is dope because it was new and his melodies are crazy. On Love vs Money heuses the same formula, same adlibs, similar melodies, nothing fresh. I dont know if its just me but I would rather listen to a female singing Dreams rhymes.Dream cant sing, and his voice gets annoying.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Dudes giving Dream album of the year...
smh.gif
word. Dream needs to stick to ghost writing/producing. His first album is dope because it was new and his melodies are crazy. On Love vs Money he uses the same formula, same adlibs, similar melodies, nothing fresh. I dont know if its just me but I would rather listen to a female singing Dreams rhymes. Dream cant sing, and his voice gets annoying.

I think the songwriting and production on the album far outweighs the shortcomings of his singing. It is very obvious that Dream can't sing all that great,although some people do enjoy him, but I view the album as an exceptional work of song crafting and writing. He overproduces many of the songs yet it workseverytime. Him & Tricky like to show off how great their songs are, and I don't blame them. He makes his albums just too show off his best work, andhis best work is the best pop-r&b around right now.

Animal Collective- Merriweather
City Center- City center
Diamond Watch Wrists- Ice Capped at Both Hands
Zu- Carboniferous
Thee Oh Sees- help
Wavves- Wavvves
Super Furry Animals- Dark Days/Light Years
These Are Powers- All Aboard Future
Woods- Songs of Shame

Originally Posted by Mamaco

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg
...hands down.
For us simple folk, what's the name of the album?
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion

Which also gets my vote thus far. But I'm still holding out for a decent rip of the new Sonic Youth album, so...

Can't believe so many ppl liked Love vs Money, I'm not really feeling it myself. My favs so far are Jada-The Last Kiss, Drake-So Far Gone, Thugga-BossOf All Bosses, Chrisette Michele-Epiphany and Keri Hilson-In A Perfect World

Back
Top Bottom