Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Looks beautiful but 12 days sounds like way too much for a cruise.
Lol, I'm 100% right there with you on that- 12 days was OD if I'm being honest. This was only my 2nd cruise, 1st one was in 2017 to Alaska & it was for 5 days which was perfect. Out of the 12 days I think half of them we were at sea. I don't drink, party or am much of a pool person so cruising has little to no appeal to me personally so I strongly believe this was my last time to ever do it. Plus, I'd much rather fly to my destination & not be bound to a ship's schedule because no matter how big or small the port destination you stop at is 4 hours is never enough time to thoroughly check it out. I did catch a mean tan though & came back 10 shades darker, lol.

I went on one cruise in 2018 for 7 days. It was cool with having everything all inclusive but I much prefer a resort. Nightlife is pretty trash on a boat too if you don't gamble.

I went on a cruise with my in laws I think for 7 days. I enjoyed myself but after like the 4th day I was over it. So I can only imagine a 12 day cruise.

I’m actually going on another one with them next April.

Anyone got recommendations for visiting upstate NY? Been trying to plan an extended weekend trip with my girl out the city

Looking for great scenery mostly

D31D0BF0-7335-4A02-9D1A-A1D52FF89849.jpeg
E8B90D9A-FFAA-41D7-BE70-97940B1413E6.jpeg
C5CC3B44-9D08-426D-8F7F-C156E084663C.jpeg
3A3AFCCA-B539-4D29-AD1A-BB5020444CBD.jpeg

Did Greece earlier this month
Went 4 days Athens, 4 days Mykonos, 4 days Santorini.
Saw this pink pelican that tripped me out lol never seen that before. Overall food was good, nightlife was lit, and to my surprise it was cheaper than LA.
Except for the taxis. 40 euros to get 2-4 kilometers.
I recommend an ATV or learning your bus routes

Attachments

• E86CFB7E-8BA5-4F38-A9FC-158267247C81.jpeg
    E86CFB7E-8BA5-4F38-A9FC-158267247C81.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 14
Anyone got recommendations for visiting upstate NY? Been trying to plan an extended weekend trip with my girl out the city

Plenty of good spots. Are you looking to hike? You have plenty of good towns up there but some of my personal favorites:

- Woodstock. I’d walk the town and go in a few shops and then hit up SILVIA — great restaurant. There’s also a bar across the street next to a pizza shop that has a cool atmosphere. Check to see if anything is going on at Woodstock Playhouse. You can also combine this one with Kingston. I’ve never heard anything about Woodstock, but Kingston is a town you’ll either love or hate.
- New Paltz. would hike at Minnewaska State Park and then grab lunch at Huckleberry. It’s very scenic and has easy hikes for all experience levels.
- Beacon. Not my personal favorite but this town seems to attract the most city folks. IMO it has one of the best and largest selections of shops if you want to kill a day there. You can also hit up DIA which is a pretty cool art museum. I wouldn’t eat in Beacon though, I’d go back across the bridge and grab tacos and drinks at Hudson Taco in Newburgh which has a pretty nice view of the Hudson River. Newburgh also has Washington’s Headquarters (a house George Washington lived in while he was in command during the revolutionary war. It’s cool for 30 min, but Newburgh is kinda hood if you’re not by the Hudson.
- Hudson also seems to be a NYCer favorite but I don’t get the hype.

It really just depends on what you want to do, but it’s all scenic. If you go up too far you won’t see much since the foliage is past it’s peak.

Last edited:
Appreciate that a lot usabasketball08 usabasketball08

We were interested in hiking as well, overall scenic views in the area we're in. Gotta plan that along with some spa time

Gonna research your recommendations

Lake George(out of season right now), Howe Caverns, Finger Lakes region, Boldt Castle, Eternal Flame Falls & so much more. You want a scenic drive? I highly recommend driving on the Taconic State Parkway. Becareful though because it has been named NY states most dangerous roadway & for good reason.

Did a weekend trip to Paris - shopping and saw the New Orleans Black Indians exhibit. It was an amazing exhibit about the history of New Orleans from start to Katrina and our history with Indians.

6CE0D35C-24CB-43F4-825F-6453A5F642B3.jpeg
DOPE pic.

Planned a trip to Mexico booked hotel then saw how bad things are. Thinking of pivoting to Bermuda. Any opinions on either. I hear because of my skin tone I should be good down in Mexico.

DOPE pic.

Planned a trip to Mexico booked hotel then saw how bad things are. Thinking of pivoting to Bermuda. Any opinions on either. I hear because of my skin tone I should be good down in Mexico.

Which part of Mexico?

Nice, I went there as a teenager and enjoyed it. Just want to see if the other 2 are work a trip. If not, I'll check out CDMX.

CDMX is amazing - I’m a city guy myself but it’s nice to just chill and be catered to in PV. Can get staff, chef, 8+ bedrooms with an ocean view for less than $1k a night in PV - this was our spot in March

Attachments

• 0695F3E4-EFF4-42E9-826C-346693BFB91D.jpeg
    0695F3E4-EFF4-42E9-826C-346693BFB91D.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 638C0AD2-E502-4636-A3E3-9871683D8482.jpeg
    638C0AD2-E502-4636-A3E3-9871683D8482.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 33
  • 94E1F749-F653-4C09-BBB8-693FFA0E8945.jpeg
    94E1F749-F653-4C09-BBB8-693FFA0E8945.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 363
  • AADF3F80-5E03-4D7E-A27B-624CAAFF1BD4.jpeg
    AADF3F80-5E03-4D7E-A27B-624CAAFF1BD4.jpeg
    561.3 KB · Views: 368
CDMX is amazing - I’m a city guy myself but it’s nice to just chill and be catered to in PV. Can get staff, chef, 8+ bedrooms with an ocean view for less than $1k a night in PV - this was our spot in March
That's completely different than the Puerto Vallarta I know. I was with my step-dads relatives, but their neighborhood was alright. Might have to redux that experience. Women were out of this world though. I remember seeing a really dark-skinned women(indio) with a lighter women(probably favoring European side) speaking the Spanish with the smoothest voices. Their regular conversation sounded like poetry. :blush:

Last edited:
That's completely different than the Puerto Vallarta I know. I was with my step-dads relatives, but their neighborhood was alright. Might have to redux that experience. Women were out of this world though. I remember seeing a really dark-skinned women(indio) with a lighter women(probably favoring European side) speaking the Spanish with the smoothing voices. Their regular conversation sounded like poetry. :blush:

That’s why I posted the pics lol - a lot of bachelorette fiestas too

Back
Top Bottom