your opinion... 350z vs. Dodge Challenger. vol. EDIT PICS on PAGE 4

before I get started, let me throw a few out there
- don't like the 370z. the power is nice, but if I wanted a Cayman, I'd just keep saving, and get a Cayman, not a B-grade. Plus, I think they lookstupid on the road
- don't like infiniti, so please, no "get the G37"... especially, since like the 350z, the G35 looked better than the G37.

so which would you guys get... a 2008 350z or a 2009 Challenger. I refuse to buy another pre-owned vehicle, my IS300 gave me problems from jump street and Ibought it pre-owned from the Lexus dealership. I totalled it last tuesday, found out yesterday I'm getting $10,000 for it, so I'm gonna use that tomake a nice down payment. Right now, looking at a fully loaded 350z for like $29,000 (without any down payment)... or a pretty dead stock 2009 Challenger.

350 PROS
- fully loaded
devil.gif

- it's an discontinued model, so I know I can get them to take a few more $$ off before I even put the $$ down.
- I've been wanting one since 2005 when I bought my IS300, but at the time I didn't want a coupe
- Wouldn't need to make any mods to engine, suspension, rims.
350 CONS
- it's RED. freakin' fire engine red. More than likely, eventually have to paint it black/matte black.
- after $10,000 off, and a $10,000 down payment, it's still a $20,000 or so I owe.
- it's discontinued... and sometimes as much as I hate to admit it, I hate buying things that are... old.
grin.gif

Challenger PROS
- $22,000 base model
devil.gif

- No need for exterior paint mods.
- even the base model comes with power everything.
- after making a down payment, I could possibly only have like $12,000 or so to pay off.
Challenger CONS
- Definitely need to get rims. The stock rims just look out of place
- Unlike the 350z, not fully loaded at all
- I still love imports. My childhood infatuation with American muscle cars is growing again, but I still love imports.

Highlights
- Fully loaded 350z will end up costing me between $18,000-$21,000
- Base model Challenger will end up costing me between $8,000- $12,000
- Pretty significantly modified Challenger could cost between $20,000-22,000

so... what would you guys do? I won't ask "what should I do?" because in the end, my own personal preferences will make my decision, but I'mcurious to see some other point of views.

Add the reliability issues of the Challenger as a con.

Two very different cars. One is a two seater while the other is a 5 seater (mayeb even 6) coupe, the Challenger is huge!

RFX, If you're talking about the challenger being a 5 seater, you are sadly mistaken. The interior space hasn't changed compared to my '73. Youcan sit 3 people comfortably if the person in the back is sitting across.

One more vote for the Z. Would you need the extra seats in the back for luggage or will you be fine with just 2 seats though?? I put my backpack and stuff inthe back seat, and the seats in a 350Z don't really recline too far back.

Originally Posted by JBnSOUL

RFX, If you're talking about the challenger being a 5 seater, you are sadly mistaken. The interior space hasn't changed compared to my '73. You can sit 3 people comfortably if the person in the back is sitting across.

I don't know, when I rode on one at the LA autoshow, the thing looks roomy in the back, even with the seat pushed back.
I'm not the smallest person but that car is intimidating. I felt like I was a little kid sitting in a giant chair when I was sitting on the driver seat,the cabin is just that big to me.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by JBnSOUL

RFX, If you're talking about the challenger being a 5 seater, you are sadly mistaken. The interior space hasn't changed compared to my '73. You can sit 3 people comfortably if the person in the back is sitting across.

I don't know, when I rode on one at the LA autoshow, the thing looks roomy in the back, even with the seat pushed back.
I'm not the smallest person but that car is intimidating. I felt like I was a little kid sitting in a giant chair when I was sitting on the driver seat, the cabin is just that big to me.
I see, the car itself is huge, but the backseat isn't that roomy. It's a nice car, my dream car and I love mine and I'm looking intogetting a 2009 in the near future. The '73 for weekends, and the 2009 for my daily commute...

Let's see...
-Both interiors suck
-Dodge would come with warranty
-Auto or Manual?

Can't go wrong either way
I'd say get the Z Manual but I would love to have a Challenger R/T Manual

You know... I never thought about that... but jumping from a Civic to an IS 300 to a Challenger would be a pretty big move... like driving moms Suburban allover again.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the Z, especially fully loaded. Even if it is red. Black Rims would go perfect with it.

But is this gonna be your everyday car? Since it's only a 2-seater..

I'm sure you can negotiate to a lower price. You shouldn't pay no more than 26-27k.

I just love the way a 350z sounds.
pimp.gif

Get the Dodge.............. haha sike get the 350z. I love mine. And don't hate on the red. I get "nice car" comments when its dirty. Whenit's clean i get stares. Which is funny to me because i live in Silicon Valley and there are like z's everywhere here. On a side note, i checked outthe 370z the other day and i liked it. The interior is a lot nicer than the 350z (but that ain't saying much). Plus it also has more storage space and aregular glove box (Nissan slipped up on the 350's by putting the glove box in the back.)

The Challenger and it's not even close IMO.
I think it's look so much nicer.

-J-

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Black Rims would go perfect with it.

But is this gonna be your everyday car? Since it's only a 2-seater..

I'm sure you can negotiate to a lower price. You shouldn't pay no more than 26-27k.

I just love the way a 350z sounds.
pimp.gif
- Never thought of the black rims...
eek.gif

- Yeah, everyday driver. But I hate having 4 doors and backseats.
- Yeah, I'd imagine it'd be like $26,000.
- And yeah... the sound
devil.gif

the 370 in NICE. a friend of mine got one and the first time I saw it, my jaw dropped. I haven't been wow'd by a non-super car like that in a LONGtime.

I guess the Z is winning...

I test drove one 2 years ago, (it was red as well) with the intention of buying it, and the ride was so great, when you get in, you fall in love right away.

I couldn't do the $600+ monthly payments they were asking for at the time, but I still want one til this day.

It's funny how much people on the internet like the sound of 350Z's and G35's. A lot of my friends own them and the majority of them (me included)hate the sound. I love the Z cars though, even though it's a bit cramped inside.

Back
Top Bottom