Zion's Signature Shoe - Restock: Naruto x Jordan Zion 1 SP 'Nine Tailed Demon Fox'

So these are a fake sell out, right? I feel like they are in stores I’m just not going out looking. I’m an internet shopper now. I just want ZNAs.

The upper and materials used definitely feel cheap, but the cushioning feels better and better as I wear these more. It’s crazy these are the sig shoes for Zion though lol. These feel like they’d be perfect for a wing/bigger guard - not a wrecking ball like Zion. They definitely put all of their budget eggs in the cushioning basket. The strobel feels nice but not too pronounced - I assume that was so there is a combo of court feel and springiness from the forefoot zoom. So far I’m loving these.

One thing that bothers me is how far out these outriggers go - damn near an inch wider than the actual footbed:
8E74905C-74CE-449E-A22A-AC403D51D543.jpeg

The upper and materials used definitely feel cheap, but the cushioning feels better and better as I wear these more. It’s crazy these are the sig shoes for Zion though lol. These feel like they’d be perfect for a wing/bigger guard - not a wrecking ball like Zion. They definitely put all of their budget eggs in the cushioning basket. The strobel feels nice but not too pronounced - I assume that was so there is a combo of court feel and springiness from the forefoot zoom. So far I’m loving these.

One thing that bothers me is how far out these outriggers go - damn near an inch wider than the actual footbed:
Those look very narrow. Yeesh.

:rofl:I was going to ask what happen

I mean I was only 13 months old but my folks said I was with my Nanny(she's since passed) and jumped for cookies on a shelf right out the cart. Broke the growth plate, got a shorter cast, kicked it off, and got the full leg cast treatment after. 33.5 years later I've had hip, knee, and foot issues to the day. Broke the same foot in high school in 6 places and didn't know for a month because swelling was so bad. For a football player, it was constant injuries to one side. In fact, never had an injury on my right side (knock on wood).

damn man part of me wants footlocker to cancel my order 😂

damn man part of me wants footlocker to cancel my order 😂
I’d give them a shot. I also lace up tight for hooping so for those wearing casually it may not be that much of an issue. The footbed is narrow, but the upper can be tied loosely to alleviate that. It’s not like some shoes wear it’s a pain in the *** to get your foot in the shoe itself, so definitely give it a try when they come in. For $120, I’m moreso glad we got the tech/cushioning than like a leather or premium upper and a Phylon midsole with a minimal zoom unit or something. Getting them on court today so I’ll really know whether I like them or not!

Surprised seeing y'all say these are narrow.

Thought these would be wide foot friendly considering Zion seems to have wide feet based on how the XXXVs be looking like they're screaming bloody murder when he wore them.

I’ve put in probably 4 hours of on-court time with these shoes and here are my initial thoughts:

Fit:
I went TTS and I have very narrow, flat feet. These fit great for me both length and width-wise. The lacing allows to get a snug fit for those who lace them tight like me, and since it’s not loaded with flywire (one positive to it being so cheaply constructed lol?) you can tie these up loosely too. No dead space for me and no heel slippage, two things I hate about shoes that do not fit well, so all good here.

Cushioning:
The bread and butter of this shoe. The air strobel unit is not as voluminous as the PG 5, or at least it doesn’t feel like it, but that’s a good thing. With the low volume, after a few hours, I could still feel a plushness a la Boost with Adidas, but also the springiness (eventually) of the zoom unit. I was shocked this type of cushioning set up was implemented for a first signature shoe, but I am very glad it was. The shoe sits low to the ground too, so with the volume of the air strobel and the perfect midsole carrier, you don’t sacrifice much court feel. It’s something that feels better and better as you keep playing in them, also. The springiness from the zoom is very minimal, so don’t get too excited - but it’s still there and noticeable and complements the strobel nicely.

Traction:
So far, these seem to be doing just fine. I play on an indoor, well kept floor, so I haven’t had much issue with the traction yet. From the get go, these do not have overwhelming grip, and with the way the traction pattern is on the bottom with so much dead space in the middle without any traction patterns at all, I wonder how these will hold up long term. I also wonder if the translucent outsole will perform less efficiently over time when compared to some of the solid rubber ones.

Overall:
Great first shoe for a signature line, but if you’re looking for premium materials this ain’t it lol. The plastic upper feels cheap, the only “nice” part of the upper is like one small strip on the toebox but even that is like cheap-esque. The price point is only justifiable based on the cushioning, so a lot of folks who don’t hoop will probably not be attracted to these at all. For those who do hoop, while the shoe may not feel great in your hands, they feel amazing on your feet. I thought maybe these would sit, but the 1st CW seems to be sold out, so idk if getting these on discount will be a thing, but the other thing that really stood out is that these do NOT feel like a “Zion” shoe. These feel like they’d be a great guard/versatile wing shoe. I have major concerns as to whether or not these would suit a player like Zion, seeing that the upper will probably explode like the shoes he wore at Duke, but for the average Joe, they are a great combination of cushioning tech for a relatively affordable price.

Curious to hear other peoples’ impressions of these as well, thanks!

I’ve put in probably 4 hours of on-court time with these shoes and here are my initial thoughts:

Fit:
I went TTS and I have very narrow, flat feet. These fit great for me both length and width-wise. The lacing allows to get a snug fit for those who lace them tight like me, and since it’s not loaded with flywire (one positive to it being so cheaply constructed lol?) you can tie these up loosely too. No dead space for me and no heel slippage, two things I hate about shoes that do not fit well, so all good here.

Cushioning:
The bread and butter of this shoe. The air strobel unit is not as voluminous as the PG 5, or at least it doesn’t feel like it, but that’s a good thing. With the low volume, after a few hours, I could still feel a plushness a la Boost with Adidas, but also the springiness (eventually) of the zoom unit. I was shocked this type of cushioning set up was implemented for a first signature shoe, but I am very glad it was. The shoe sits low to the ground too, so with the volume of the air strobel and the perfect midsole carrier, you don’t sacrifice much court feel. It’s something that feels better and better as you keep playing in them, also. The springiness from the zoom is very minimal, so don’t get too excited - but it’s still there and noticeable and complements the strobel nicely.

Traction:
So far, these seem to be doing just fine. I play on an indoor, well kept floor, so I haven’t had much issue with the traction yet. From the get go, these do not have overwhelming grip, and with the way the traction pattern is on the bottom with so much dead space in the middle without any traction patterns at all, I wonder how these will hold up long term. I also wonder if the translucent outsole will perform less efficiently over time when compared to some of the solid rubber ones.

Overall:
Great first shoe for a signature line, but if you’re looking for premium materials this ain’t it lol. The plastic upper feels cheap, the only “nice” part of the upper is like one small strip on the toebox but even that is like cheap-esque. The price point is only justifiable based on the cushioning, so a lot of folks who don’t hoop will probably not be attracted to these at all. For those who do hoop, while the shoe may not feel great in your hands, they feel amazing on your feet. I thought maybe these would sit, but the 1st CW seems to be sold out, so idk if getting these on discount will be a thing, but the other thing that really stood out is that these do NOT feel like a “Zion” shoe. These feel like they’d be a great guard/versatile wing shoe. I have major concerns as to whether or not these would suit a player like Zion, seeing that the upper will probably explode like the shoes he wore at Duke, but for the average Joe, they are a great combination of cushioning tech for a relatively affordable price.

Curious to hear other peoples’ impressions of these as well, thanks!

All around I’m sure it’s a good and solid basketball shoe.

These dude’s just want to play basketball in ostrich skin.

Zion's feet do seem pretty narrow.

What I don't get is, clearly these companies shouldn't follow the foot shape of the athlete and just give a custom pair to them. So they fit more people. How does it make business sense that KD has a cinderella foot so his retail shoes will be very narrow too.

Zion's feet do seem pretty narrow.

What I don't get is, clearly these companies shouldn't follow the foot shape of the athlete and just give a custom pair to them. So they fit more people. How does it make business sense that KD has a cinderella foot so his retail shoes will be very narrow too.

I only bought 1 sig KD shoe which was the KD 5. KD shoes is general ran narrow, even the KD V. to this day, I'm still wondering how the hell did my feet even fit on that shoe. anyways, the KD V for me was a bad buy. probably one of the worst iteration of fuse material, very plasticky.

Last edited:
I only ever owned 2 KDs.
7 Elite "Team" and 9 "Mic Drop".
Still gave the 7s. Gave away the 9s to wife's coworker's son.

Back
Top Bottom