Zoom Kobe Venomenon 4 - 12/13 US Release

To my knowledge they never released at Finish Line.

They released at Foot Lockers mainly but a lot of the Footaction doors here that get a lot of limited and lifestyle stuff had them. That wasn't a widespread thing but there definitely were pairs floating around. If you can't find them you can always do a stock locate through them and have them shipped to you. Let me know if you need to go that route and you can use the SKU
thanks for the info! i might have located a pair but the SKU wouldn't hurt.
searching for a 9.5

i need a size 9 if possible,
i called most places locally to me and its sold out.
im located socal.

Last edited:

lighter, i like the lunar better than whatever the padding is in my old vball shoes

got these and after like 20 games/practices the soles lost traction and i wasnt able to gather for my jumps without my feet sliding under me, never had the problem with the kobe 8s

still not too sure what the difference between the shoes is, like what makes a shoe better for vball than it is for bball
The venomenon upper is much stiffer than the kobe 8 because it is some kind of laminated synthetic material.  Not sure what it is but it looks like a laminated fabric.  I don't think it would be good for bball.  I'm just going to wear them for casual wear.

The venomenon upper is much stiffer than the kobe 8 because it is some kind of laminated synthetic material.  Not sure what it is but it looks like a laminated fabric.  I don't think it would be good for bball.  I'm just going to wear them for casual wear.
I agree I went to Nike and tried them on today. They really don't feel like they are that good of a hoop shoe. I could be wrong and when the right colorway drops ill cop and find out. Your post is pretty much right on.

I agree I went to Nike and tried them on today. They really don't feel like they are that good of a hoop shoe. I could be wrong and when the right colorway drops ill cop and find out. Your post is pretty much right on.
Upper in Venom is worse then Kobe 8.However the Venom to me has better support and is more comfortable.

Finally got my gitd in from kicks-crew.  Ordered back on release date or a day after or something, so it took quite awhile.  They pulled some bs saying they didn't have a 9.5 and offered me a 10 after raising the prices (I bought mine before the price change).  I have a wide foot though and usually wear a 10 in narrower shoes so I took the 10.  Then they went on their christmas/new year's break and didn't respond to me or ship my shoes until the new year.  They still have 9.5 in stock at their new price.  If you can put up with their bs kicks-crew will get you legit shoes, but you might have to jump through some hoops.

Anyway to the shoe, echoing what most have said, the upper isn't anything great.  The rubber is real soft so I would not take these to play outdoors.  The shape of the shoe looks a little odd to me as well, but maybe I just really like my Kobe 8s.  

I'm not as stoked on these shoes as I thought I would be.  I only wear my ball shoes to play in so I don't think these will get much burn from me.  Who knows, maybe they'll start feeling better after a session or two.  For now, I'll have my eye out for the crusader.

Finally got my gitd in from kicks-crew.  Ordered back on release date or a day after or something, so it took quite awhile.  They pulled some bs saying they didn't have a 9.5 and offered me a 10 after raising the prices (I bought mine before the price change).  I have a wide foot though and usually wear a 10 in narrower shoes so I took the 10.  Then they went on their christmas/new year's break and didn't respond to me or ship my shoes until the new year.  They still have 9.5 in stock at their new price.  If you can put up with their bs kicks-crew will get you legit shoes, but you might have to jump through some hoops.

Anyway to the shoe, echoing what most have said, the upper isn't anything great.  The rubber is real soft so I would not take these to play outdoors.  The shape of the shoe looks a little odd to me as well, but maybe I just really like my Kobe 8s.  

I'm not as stoked on these shoes as I thought I would be.  I only wear my ball shoes to play in so I don't think these will get much burn from me.  Who knows, maybe they'll start feeling better after a session or two.  For now, I'll have my eye out for the crusader.
I'm done trying to cop from these places. I can't deal with the BS. @OS Life F'ed up  my order. Size 9 Right side. Size 9.5 Left side. Very nice.

Oh and for the wide footers out there, definitely go up half a size.  I usually wear 9.5 or 10, got the 10 and it's snug. 

Managed to snag these for $100 on release date.  As usual with Kobes, I had to size up a whole size from a 12 to 13 even though I rock a 12 in everything else that doesn't have a shozoku.  Anyways, the metallic purple is really dope on these.  I'm a sucker for purple/volt colorways, so personally I really like these. 

I'll probably scoop them off swoosh before I regret it. I haven't even seen if they were discounted or not but I assume so.

They are going to get a price drop for sure. Eastbay doesn't have a discount restriction on them so if you have one of their 25% loyalty code knock yourself out or wait. I'm waiting for a colorway with the toe box that's the same color or close to it as the upper. Only complaint with this model.

Last edited:
Wide footer here, I tried these on at my local FTL and was pleasantly surprised. I went true to size and they fit comfortably. The toe box area feels a bit more round so that's always good for us wide footers say vs the Kobe 8 (a more narrow feel). Weight wise they feel a bit heavy compared to a Kobe 8 but I'm sure that's due to the XDR out sole, not a problem as I plan to ball hard in these outdoors. The zoom cushioning feels light but it's there, its not super "puffy" compared to say when you first try on a KD6. 

The current available CW isn't bad but like some others mentioned I hope more CW's come out and with various discount codes floating around you can easily pick these up below or around $100. I might pickup a pair so when my ID's come I don't have to mess them up too quickly. Another plus they aren't super hyped like the Kobe 8 so they should be an easy pick later down the road. 

From Footlocker release calendar for February -- is this the YOTH colorway? 
nerd.gif

• nike_s.jpg

Nike Kobe Venomenon
    Gym Red/light Crimson/Bright Citron

nerd.gif

• nike_s.jpg

Nike Kobe Venomenon
Oh yeah it is. Sweet! Been waiting for this one. Looks a lot better than the 8's. Plus I have too many 8's to begin with time to diversify. Is that going to be Feb 5th. Could you post up the link?

GREAT NEWS!

I get to spend the better part of $400 during Super Bowl week on Kobe shoes :lol:

Those are gonna be nice! couldn't help but notice the crazy 1's are dropping in multiple colorways.

nerd.gif

• nike_s.jpg

Nike Kobe Venomenon
another to add to must cop Feb.Hopefull y middle week release will have people sleeping on them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom