Zoom Kobe Venomenon 4 - 12/13 US Release

I would pick these up today but I don't like the current colorway, I'm waiting for the YOTH like everyone else. February couldn't come any sooner. 
tired.gif

Also still waiting to hear more info about the Zoom Crusader and Hyper Rev. 

And the red kobes begin to strike again.  Can nike just please stop it with the red colorways on Kobe shoes at least for a while?  Personally, I dislike all yoth themese and can't wait for them to all pass.

Wore my Venomenons the other day to work..

I tell ya..I would never stand on my feet for more than 5 hours in them..they're not that comfortable..no heel cushioning whatsoever..the zoom in the forefoot is good but this shoe is kinda a let down in terms of comfort

I would like to hoop in them..but I'm afraid they won't perform that well..

Love the look of them tho..:pimp:

View media item 744624

YOTS Red Camos, Challenge Reds, MilkSnakes, YOTS Red Suede, YOTH, PP Red, Yeah there were quite a bit.

got mine in a size 9.5 but i usually rock a 9 in other shoes.

the last kobes i got were the 5's and i sized up half a size to 9.5 to be comfortable (did the same when i got the 4's). so i did the same thing with these.

tried on my homie's size 9's and realized mine are too big :frown:

Hey guys,

As a lowtop lover, these shoes seem great!

Could some of you guys post some on-feet pictures from the sideview, while wearing no-show socks...? I want to see how low they go under the ankle bone. Also how is the lockdown?

Thanks

They still got plenty on FTL, still debating between these the Zoom Crusader and Hyperrev. 

@bweezy  what will be your main use for them?  I remember someone asking about for Volleyball use that's why I ask
Looking to replace my current outdoor balling shoes, that's why i'm interested in the XDR out soles. Curious to see how these are vs say the Zoom Crusader (which I believe has XDR outsole ) and the Hyperrev (no XDR i believe but does have full length zoom). 

6 out of 47 color ways ain't bad
laugh.gif
That's 12%...that's ridiculously high for a player who has only worn purple and gold.  I guess what ticks me off is that they gave Kobe so many damn red shoes, but couldn't give him one actual purple and gold based shoe.   **** Kd got a Laker colorway(PB&J's) before Kobe did.

I played for the first time today in my venomenons and I have to say I was really disappointed.  First off the traction was not great.  The floor I played on wasn't very dusty, I did not need to wipe the bottoms much, however I was slipping if I made any hard stops or quick crossovers.  I got my ankles broken as I tried to make a hard stop on defense and just slipped out right onto my ***.

The fit for me was not great either.  Maybe it's just my feet/ankles but my ankle area just did not feel locked down, and caused my foot to slip around within the shoe.  It made for a pretty uncomfortable ride.  I eventually did cinch them up real tight after my first couple of pick up games, which did help a bit, but I still did not feel stable in the ankle area. 

The forefoot zoom unit feels very thin, and does not have the spring and responsiveness that I expect from zoom air.  For perspective, my comparison for zoom units are my 2011 hyperdunks, where the zoom units feel firm and responsive, and are an absolute joy to play in.  These guys felt thin, and did not feel like they were giving me much push back; they just kind of bent with each step. 

In my opinion, if you're looking for a low top with zoom, there are probably better shoes to look into.  I will keep my eyes out for the Crusader, and perhaps getting my hands on some 2011 hyperdunk lows.

No problem, I'll reserve complete judgement until I've played in them at least a couple more times though.  Won't be wearing them in game though, but I'll let you guys know if I feel anything changes.

I haven't had the opportunity to try these shoes on, but in my opinion the discussed lockdown problem isn't because of the low cut of the shoe.

I think it is simply related to the fact that the top lace hole isn't fully enclosed by the hyper fuse material. Or possibly also too much padding in the tongue or ankle area...

This design had a lot of potential, with just a few tweaks these probably could have been low top performance beasts...! Also I personally love the look of the heel area of this shoe, not so much the design of toebox.

Too bad...

^Agreed that it has more to do with the lace hole or that they could use an extra one perhaps.

If anyone wants better lockdown with these, I would recommend the 'runner's loop' lacing technique.  If you haven't heard of it you should look it up.  I use it for all my lows and some of my mids now.  I've definitely noticed better lockdown, specifically with the heel.

Ya I was gonna say that they could use another lace hole.  The cushioning imo also is a bit much on the ankle and causes it to slip.  I was using the runner`s loop when I played, which was better than regular lacing but not amazing.  For what it's worth I find I often have problems with heel slip.  I probably have oddly shaped ankles/achilles.

Back
Top Bottom